I am going to a baseball game next month.

I dont have alot of money.

I subscribe to MLB.com and get all my Tiger games streamed on my computer for $89 a season. So if you ever move from the Cincinnati area you can still see them play as long as you go far enough not to be in their geographical market. Like in Phoenix I can't get the Diamondback games from them. Back in the day, they showed D-Backs games on local channel 3...then they started paying the players these stupid salaries and the games all went to cable and the beers cost $8...sad state of affairs for folks who ain't well-off. It costs a blue-collar family $200 to see a game in good seats and feed the kids, and park. Not many can afford more than a game a year when before you could get decent seats and see half a dozen. At some point, pro sports will price themselves out of business.

I am going to a baseball game next month. I am so excited. I hope to have fun. I cant wait to go.
I’m going to a tiger game with my brother, nephews and 5 other people on Sunday.

My dad said “they suck im not going” I said to him when he dropped me off, “see you next weekend”

My brother and I agree if we invite him to something on Sunday and he says no, we are not going to go visit him on Saturday or Monday. Fuck that we have lives to lead. Sorry I had to vent. He lost my mom almost 2 years ago and he needs to get over it. He has sons and grandsons begging him to hang out

I’m going to a tiger game with my brother, nephews and 5 other people on Sunday.

My dad said “they suck im not going” I said to him when he dropped me off, “see you next weekend”

My brother and I agree if we invite him to something on Sunday and he says no, we are not going to go visit him on Saturday or Monday. Fuck that we have lives to lead. Sorry I had to vent. He lost my mom almost 2 years ago and he needs to get over it. He has sons and grandsons begging him to hang out

They came back to win tonight with a 3 run rally in the bottom of the 8th so maybe he'll change his mind.

I am going to a baseball game next month. I am so excited. I hope to have fun. I cant wait to go.

Cant believes you guys STILL pay money to go in that dump camerica park or watch baseball still these days on tv. If they royals ever drastically changed THEIR ballpark for the worse as the tigers have,there is NO WAY IN HELL i would ever go see a royals game again.

when i was little i used to love to tune in and watch my royals because i always knew my favorite players would be back next year and not only that,the same good players from the other teams would always be back for their team next year.these days,players jump from one team to another all the time that the ONLY games i watch now are the ones from yesteryear. Like I just bought the games from the 1980 NL playoffs with the phillies and astros.the package arrived just today,am excited about watching the first game tonight.:banana:

Because players never stay with one team their whole careers anymore,the ONLY reason i even go to royals game NOW is cause they have the most beautiful ballpark in the country and just to watch the fountains between innings,thats it. nothing else about being there excites me anymore like the old days did and this is DESPITE the fact they just won a world series a couple years ago. Back int he old days,the royals would NEVER have let go of eric hosmer and would have made sure he stayed with them.:mad:

There is only one baseball club...the San Diego Padres Baseball Club.
Tony who?
View attachment 195278

thats what I am talking about WHY baseball sucks these days.Those were the good old days when players for the most part stayed with one team their whole career. This dude was a great guy.Even though they were horrible most his career when he played for them,he STILL stayed his entire career with them. Good guys like him dont exist anymore. You will never see another Tony Gwynn play for that team again.He was the only great player the padres had who stayed with them his whole career. what a great guy.:thup: sadly,if they ever get a great player like that out of their farm system,you just KNOW he will move about 100 miles up north to LA LA Land where the big bucks will be waiting for him.sucks but thats the reality of it all.

I was fortunate enough to see Tiger Stadium the last weekend with their final series being against none other than MY team the Royals,what an honor. I got the shirt to prove it-It says-THE LAST RUMBLE ON TRUMBLE and shows the royals as their opponent.Did YOU get that shirt by chance? I also got to see old yankee stadium before it got closed down.

I have seen fenway park as well and I only saw it at the time cause at the time back then there were all kinds of rumors going around they were going to tear that one down as well. There in Boston when i went there at the time,i saw cars everywhere that said SAVE FENWAY PARK. I also remember seeing them for the tigers as well. Glad it worked out for the red sox.Sucks it did not work out for the tigers.:mad:

pretty soon I plan on buying the old playoff games they had against the royals in 84 and then the padres in the series.Man what good times those were.

My first trip to a ballgame was at Briggs Stadium (which became Tiger Stadium in 1960) in maybe 1957 or '58 when I was 10 or 11 with my Little League team. Got separated from the group after the game and walked all the way around the stadium before I found our bus....glad they didn't leave me...I was pretty scared. Last game there was in '65 with a buddy from St.Johns...we were both hung over and slept through the whole game. Joined the Army in '67 and moved out to Arizona in '74 so I never got back to The Corner. The stadium was dilapidated when I was a kid...the ramps smelled of cigar smoke and stale urine. They tried everything they could think of to save it but the foundation was giving way after 100 years. I remember seeing a Lions-Colts game there back in '58. The Lions end-zone was under the RF upper-deck overhang which was pretty stupid. I'm only nostalgic about stadiums when it comes to artificial turf....I demand a grass field. The roof opens in our ballpark in Phoenix (accompanied by heavy-metal music) and let's the sun shine on the grass for a few hours during the day.

yeah but they could have at LEAST replicated what the original ballpark looked like as the yankees did with their new stadium.:mad:

With the yankees at least,you go to their new ballpark and you hardly notice the difference between the old one and the new one it is pretty much the same where that shithole comerica park is nothing whatsoever what tiger stadium looked like.they fucked that stadium up same as the white sox did with their new idiotic looking stadium. sad the yankees at least cared enough about preserving the original look yet the tigers and white sox did not.:mad:

the new yankee stadium I will go back and see a game there sometime again,tigers and white sox.NEVER.fuck them.

Cant believes you guys STILL pay money to go in that dump camerica park or watch baseball still these days on tv. If they royals ever drastically changed THEIR ballpark for the worse as the tigers have,there is NO WAY IN HELL i would ever go see a royals game again.

when i was little i used to love to tune in and watch my royals because i always knew my favorite players would be back next year and not only that,the same good players from the other teams would always be back for their team next year.these days,players jump from one team to another all the time that the ONLY games i watch now are the ones from yesteryear. Like I just bought the games from the 1980 NL playoffs with the phillies and astros.the package arrived just today,am excited about watching the first game tonight.:banana:

Because players never stay with one team their whole careers anymore,the ONLY reason i even go to royals game NOW is cause they have the most beautiful ballpark in the country and just to watch the fountains between innings,thats it. nothing else about being there excites me anymore like the old days did and this is DESPITE the fact they just won a world series a couple years ago. Back int he old days,the royals would NEVER have let go of eric hosmer and would have made sure he stayed with them.:mad:
Omg couldn’t agree more. My dad names all the former tigers around the league doing good now. If they were all still here we’d be World Series champs.

Verlander and max sherzer alone. We had both of those guys. Jd martinez and Cabrera. Granderson and so many more. So I feel you.

These are free corporate tickets. Going with my brother and nephews. They never saw old tiger stadium and comerica is pretty cool still. Maybe not the best in the league but the kids and I are still impressed.

Maybe my dad shouldn’t have taken me to games when I was a kid because the team sucked. Do you hear yourself? This is an outing with love ones on Memorial Day weekend! I’m excited. Don’t shit on it. Lol

Tony who?
View attachment 195278

thats what I am talking about WHY baseball sucks these days.Those were the good old days when players for the most part stayed with one team their whole career. This dude was a great guy.Even though they were horrible most his career when he played for them,he STILL stayed his entire career with them. Good guys like him dont exist anymore. You will never see another Tony Gwynn play for that team again.He was the only great player the padres had who stayed with them his whole career. what a great guy.:thup: sadly,if they ever get a great player like that out of their farm system,you just KNOW he will move about 100 miles up north to LA LA Land where the big bucks will be waiting for him.sucks but thats the reality of it all.

I would say Trevor Hoffman (HOF) deserves honorable mention staying with the club for 15 seasons. However, he started out in Fla and finished in Mil. Very true though, this has ALWAYS been the story with the Padres. Their farm system has always been a strength. Their unwillingness to keep most of the good ones for long enough to make a dent has been their downfall. Oh well...one day the sun will surely shine on my dog's ass.

Tony who?
View attachment 195278

I would say Trevor Hoffman (HOF) deserves honorable mention staying with the club for 15 seasons. However, he started out in Fla and finished in Mil. Very true though, this has ALWAYS been the story with the Padres. Their farm system has always been a strength. Their unwillingness to keep most of the good ones for long enough to make a dent has been their downfall. Oh well...one day the sun will surely shine on my dog's ass.
Padres have always operated like a second rate club
They kept Tony Gwynn but did not seem to care who they surrounded him with

no i have been there lots of times. But I just cant take the loud noise of fire works.

thats the thing that is messed up about major league baseball games,they feel the need to blow loud music very loud.didnt used to be that way in the good old days. hey would like to hear your thoughts on this video here of mine,please watch the video on here. thanks.you dont remember this moment in baseball do you?

There has always been a little old lady playing the organ at games of yesterday.

Tony who?
View attachment 195278

Padres have always operated like a second rate club
They kept Tony Gwynn but did not seem to care who they surrounded him with
I dont agree completely. They put together a few good teams during Gwynn's time. The '98 roster was a really good one. They also had some good rosters in the early 90's. However, for the most part, yeah man.

Attachments

• 688A4698-E528-4644-B53F-EDA011C21D2D.jpeg
    688A4698-E528-4644-B53F-EDA011C21D2D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
Tony who?
View attachment 195278

I stopped following baseball in the 90's for the previous reasons i mentioned so i pretty much dont know a lot of players now anymore even if they had been there a long time.I know the ones sealybozo mentioned since they play in the american league.there is always a much better chance of me knowing who they are in the AL than the NL since i live here in KC so you can understand why i have never heard of Hoffman before.

Glad to see you do have a player in hoffman that has played there for 15 years,playing that long for the padres,a team that has been horrific for so long,,makes it all the more impressive that he has stayed with them ESPECIALLY in this day and age when its so much earlier to leave for someone else because of the money.:thup: I got to say I am proud of Hoffman for doing that.In this day and age,that is amazing to leave and resist the money in this era when very few do..:thup:

I sure hope he finishes his career with you guys. you living in SD and all,you are the luckiest dude in the country living in the most beautiful city in america.:thup: I went there last fall and i did not want to come back,it killed me to do so.I have a couple of friends that moved out there two years ago and they are never coming back and i cant blame them for a second. couple questions, i hear the few times it rains where you have to get out in umbrella is no more than twice a year,is that about right? also what is the lowest temp out there in the winter? also in your opinion,what would you say the differences are in SD than in LA other than the huge traiffic you got to fight in LA? thanks man it was so depressing for me to have to come back. I plan to move out there sometime in the next 5 years..

no i have been there lots of times. But I just cant take the loud noise of fire works.

thats the thing that is messed up about major league baseball games,they feel the need to blow loud music very loud.didnt used to be that way in the good old days. hey would like to hear your thoughts on this video here of mine,please watch the video on here. thanks.you dont remember this moment in baseball do you?

There has always been a little old lady playing the organ at games of yesterday.

I so much miss those days,now it is just a bunch of fucking loud music. Thats another big reason why i dont enjoy going out there anymore.Its that way in other ballparks as well the fact the OP said she cant stand the lous music also.:mad:

I went to a lot of Pirates games as a kid. Back when Barry Bonds had a normal sized head.

Forum List

Back