Is LeBron James the GOAT?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I've always been a Jordan guy, the Greatest of All Time, but not any more.

I don't think the sport has seen anything like LeBron James, and I'm not sure ANY sport has.

You usually see career records and career milestones passed as an athlete is winding down his career. Not this guy. He's still absolutely DOMINANT.

The closest team athlete I can think of is Jim Brown.

Thoughts?

The greatest athletes in the world are US 5th Special Forces followed closely by Navy S.E.A.L.s....Lebron wouldn't last a day in the field with either branch.

We measure greatness by number of world championships. Nicklaus is better than Woods even though Woods has many more tour wins than Nicklaus. Brady is the best because he has the most rings. Jordan is still the best because he has most rings.

That's a pack of killers....no unis...you don't know who they are before your throat gets cut. Force-Recon USMC ain't too shabby either.
Delta and Seal team 6 are tier 1 assets.

The best of the best of the best, by invitation only units. .... :cool:

Matter of opinion really.....I got my Ithaca 37 from a SEAL in a trade for my Colt .357 at the Rex in Saigon...they had the first CAR-15s....took me a week to round up enough .12 buckshot to take the 37 into the field. I'll stick with my 5th SFG for all-around badasses....plus they can dig a round out of you and stitch you up if necessary.

I don't think the sport has seen anything like LeBron James, and I'm not sure ANY sport has.

You usually see career records and career milestones passed as an athlete is winding down his career. Not this guy. He's still absolutely DOMINANT.

Thoughts?
Lebron is more gifted, but I still say Jordan beats him more than 50% of the time over however many matches you want.

The greatest athletes in the world are US 5th Special Forces followed closely by Navy S.E.A.L.s....Lebron wouldn't last a day in the field with either branch.

I really don't think you can say that. And those people are not athletes, they are soldiers. Thy might be the worlds best soldiers but war is not a sport.

We measure greatness by number of world championships. Nicklaus is better than Woods even though Woods has many more tour wins than Nicklaus. Brady is the best because he has the most rings. Jordan is still the best because he has most rings.

If you've won more golf tournaments there is no argument. Woods is better than Nicklaus. But I like them both. There is no official world championship golf tournament.

If you've won more golf tournaments there is no argument. Woods is better than Nicklaus. But I like them both. There is no official world championship golf tournament.
By that logic then Sam Snead is the greatest since he has the most all time tournament wins. He has no where near the number of majors that Woods and Nicklaus have. In golf it's all about the 4 majors.

Thoughts?
Lebron is more gifted, but I still say Jordan beats him more than 50% of the time over however many matches you want.

Jordan is the best basketball player to ever live. But I think that at the same age Jordan led the league in scoring and averaged over 30 points a game. He did that for years. Lebron has not done that. And as far as being a competitor, Jordan beats him hands down. But Lebron is in the top 3 or 4 ever to play..

Thoughts?
Not as pretty as Jordon, not as smooth, not as charismatic

But he physically dominates the court

I used to swear I’d never see a better QB than Joe Montana

But Brady passed him by

But Brady passed him by
I think Montana is better but as much as I dislike the Patriots it gets harder to argue against Brady the longer he plays. At this point it is obvious he is one of the best ever, and can be argued as the best. Same for Belichick versus say Shula for example.

By that logic then Sam Snead is the greatest since he has the most all time tournament wins. He has no where near the number of majors that Woods and Nicklaus have. In golf it's all about the 4 majors.

I know that but I've seen Nicklaus and Woods play in their primes. Woods is better IMO. And he's not done quite yet, I don't think. I think they really need a world championship tournament of golf.

But Brady passed him by
I think Montana is better but as much as I dislike the Patriots it gets harder to argue against Brady the longer he plays. At this point it is obvious he is one of the best ever, and can be argued as the best. Same for Belichick versus say Shula for example.
Belichick is better than Vince Lombardi

I know that but I've seen Nicklaus and Woods play in their primes. Woods is better IMO. And he's not done quite yet, I don't think. I think they really need a world championship tournament of golf.
Have to agree

But Brady passed him by
Belichick is better than Vince Lombardi
That's a bold statement, but it is hard to argue against. Like Brady they are both in top 3 conversation if not best.

Forum List

Back