I Am Fa--reezing!!!

I am all toasty tonight. It warmed up.

I am all toasty tonight. It warmed up.

it's that global warming I tell ya ! well if it comes down to saving planet earth or saving Kat.... I guess it'll have to be Kat . turn up the heat!

18-20F? That's not killing cold. Anything with a minus in front of it is, though. Unfortunately, I work outdoors and must endure killing cold fairly regularly, and it gets worse with wind chill factored into the equation. You dress in layers, many, many layers, and you minimize your exposure as much as possible. I gain about 20-25 lbs of clothing when it gets really cold here.

Alaskans are tough.
We went skiing yesterday it was 38°F in mammoth lakes, Ca and it was freezing. We had a lot of fun but this morning a kid ding my Range Rover with his door at the restaurant parking lot.

It is 29° right now and I am freezing. It's going down lower too.

I hate winter...hate it, hate it, hate it.

My hands are cold!!

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you feel better.

It's miserably 72° here in Palm Spring and San Diego.
I like winter bc its the only time of the year I can go skiing in Big Bear Lake or Mammoth Lake up north. We are having a good snow this year.
Charwin in action.
]

Actually I am cold again. I will warm up. Is that you? If so, very pretty!! :)

Uuuupps. Sorry Wrong picture Kat. That's one of my secret friend. She was talking to me I got distracted when I was writing my post.

LOL Glad I brought it to your attention so you could remove it then.

Thank you Kat. I owe you one.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
18-20F? That's not killing cold. Anything with a minus in front of it is, though. Unfortunately, I work outdoors and must endure killing cold fairly regularly, and it gets worse with wind chill factored into the equation. You dress in layers, many, many layers, and you minimize your exposure as much as possible. I gain about 20-25 lbs of clothing when it gets really cold here.

Alaskans are tough.
We went skiing yesterday it was 38°F in mammoth lakes, Ca and it was freezing. We had a lot of fun but this morning a kid ding my Range Rover with his door at the restaurant parking lot.
Guess we have to tough enough if we choose to live here.
Is the kid still in one piece?

I have mentioned before that it indeed gets too cold to snow. It's been staying single-digit cold here the last few weeks, warming up to 12-14 occasionally. Although it won't snow, we do get ice fog. That's when precipitation takes the form of a heavy, freezing frost that covers everything, at every angle. At least snow stays on top of things and is easy to brush or scrape off. Ice frost, not so much because it's everywhere and clings. At least the winds have remained relatively calm (touch wood). The weather prognosticators are telling us we should warm up to mid-30's and the snow will come then. Yippee!!! [sarcasm alert!]

76 + degrees where I am.

41 here at 1:43 am. And as you can see...I am still awake. :(

But..it is supposed to get up to 60's tomorrow! I will find a spot in the sun and soak up as much as I can in between things I gotta do tomorrow. More hunting, more calls...it never ends. I might get a motel room tomorrow just to get away from MrG for a night. He is beginning to drive me bonkers. Being cooped up with him in such small quarters....oy. And frankly, I am tired of doing all the work since we got back here. And that work is non stop, too. Mental work, that is. The phone calls, the hunting for a place to live, cooking what little I can, fetching fast foods, taking karma for her walks, doing all the footwork, etc etc etc.
Then again..his leg hurts too, but dayum...I'm hurting too. Ran out of pain killers and my joints are having a cow. HE has plenty because he is on MediCare. I have no insurance right now because its still in limbo from when we moved to LA and then returned. It won't kick in again here until Jan 1st...and meanwhile..I am having to take advils just to function and my innards are NOT happy about it. My joints calm down but my gut is now having a hissy. Colitis and diverticulitis frown on advils. But if I don't take them...I can't move very well.

I will be so happy when spring is here. Warmth. Earth awakens. SUNSHINE that is HOT and WARM and SOOTHING.

So...since it was his idea that I get a motel room and HE gets some space from ME as well..I just might do that. We still are in the RV so he is set up to be comfy and I won't be that far away...about 5 miles. So..yeah. I do believe tomorrow that Karma and I will have a real bed and a real bathroom and a nice hot shower and just be....us. Two gals..one furry, one grimacing all the time....hanging out at Motel 6, lol.

I think I will attempt sleep now that I have read a lot of the board at my leisure without him bugging me (he is asleep) and am semi caught up on who is doing what (same o same o, I see), and hopefully wake up in time to make my phone calls to places that caught my eye that might be doable. Or not.

Goodnight, friends.

Hugs

41 here at 1:43 am. And as you can see...I am still awake. :(

But..it is supposed to get up to 60's tomorrow! I will find a spot in the sun and soak up as much as I can in between things I gotta do tomorrow. More hunting, more calls...it never ends. I might get a motel room tomorrow just to get away from MrG for a night. He is beginning to drive me bonkers. Being cooped up with him in such small quarters....oy. And frankly, I am tired of doing all the work since we got back here. And that work is non stop, too. Mental work, that is. The phone calls, the hunting for a place to live, cooking what little I can, fetching fast foods, taking karma for her walks, doing all the footwork, etc etc etc.
Then again..his leg hurts too, but dayum...I'm hurting too. Ran out of pain killers and my joints are having a cow. HE has plenty because he is on MediCare. I have no insurance right now because its still in limbo from when we moved to LA and then returned. It won't kick in again here until Jan 1st...and meanwhile..I am having to take advils just to function and my innards are NOT happy about it. My joints calm down but my gut is now having a hissy. Colitis and diverticulitis frown on advils. But if I don't take them...I can't move very well.

I will be so happy when spring is here. Warmth. Earth awakens. SUNSHINE that is HOT and WARM and SOOTHING.

So...since it was his idea that I get a motel room and HE gets some space from ME as well..I just might do that. We still are in the RV so he is set up to be comfy and I won't be that far away...about 5 miles. So..yeah. I do believe tomorrow that Karma and I will have a real bed and a real bathroom and a nice hot shower and just be....us. Two gals..one furry, one grimacing all the time....hanging out at Motel 6, lol.

I think I will attempt sleep now that I have read a lot of the board at my leisure without him bugging me (he is asleep) and am semi caught up on who is doing what (same o same o, I see), and hopefully wake up in time to make my phone calls to places that caught my eye that might be doable. Or not.

Goodnight, friends.

Hugs
Good night, Gracie. Sometimes space works for you..both. Stay warm and I hope your sunshine warms you inside, and out.

It is pretty warm and sunny this Christmas day here in New England. :) It is like mid 40s, no wind, and a pretty much perfect day! Merry Christmas!

How can you love this temperature - it's a permanent slush and dirt, fog and so on... 25-30F is very preferrable because of clean snow and hot sun! :)

Forum List

Back