Asian guy don't speak English...sings American country

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015

Pretty cool!

If you don't want to listen to all the talk, skip to 1:12.

Saw that on youtube yesterday.
He butchers the hell out of the lyrics and his twang is a bit off but all and all he did a damn good job.
It seems every country in the world has a talent show these day but Mongolia has talent made me laugh.

Saw that on youtube yesterday.
He butchers the hell out of the lyrics and his twang is a bit off but all and all he did a damn good job.
It seems every country in the world has a talent show these day but Mongolia has talent made me laugh.

Between the ruskies and gooks, Mongolia needs a new Ghengis Khan.

Karaoke is very big in Asia. Been to venues in Japan, Taiwan, and China that are huge, seat several hundred people if not a thousand or more. The vast vast majority of the songs sung are American hits, sung in English, by people who can't speak a word of it. They just memorize and learn how to deliver the words and, like this guy, give really good performances.

Karaoke is very big in Asia. Been to venues in Japan, Taiwan, and China that are huge, seat several hundred people if not a thousand or more. The vast vast majority of the songs sung are American hits, sung in English, by people who can't speak a word of it. They just memorize and learn how to deliver the words and, like this guy, give really good performances.

Yes karaoke Is a very big business in Asia. I've been there. Actually Japan, Singapore and Taiwan are awful bc its the high end of Asia and performers are only doing it for fun but not to make a living. Best I've seen is in the Philippines because lots of them speak English and they listen catered to US music and they do it seriously for a living. Vietnam is so so and China is the worst I've seen.
I've seen capacity of over 3 thousands. They love old slow depressing songs like lobo, beegees, n. diamond, Chicago etc.
There are no drunk tourists or drunk locals will dare to go up the stage or else you will end with couple of egg rolls or peking duck legs.

To be continued.

Forum List

Back