I Am Fa--reezing!!!

A whopping 36 degrees here now. Snow predicted, but I'll believe it when it comes.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!

About +2C? A slush weather... So, Merry Christmas, for you first! :) Our Christmas will be after New Year...
Govorite po Russkie?

Konechno govoriju :)
!!! МнС Π½ΡƒΠΆΠ½ΠΎ ΠΌΠ½ΠΎΠ³ΠΎ ΠΏΡ€Π°ΠΊΡ‚ΠΈΠΊΠΈ.

МнС Ρ‚ΠΎΠΆΠ΅ Π½ΡƒΠΆΠ½Π° ΠΏΡ€Π°ΠΊΡ‚ΠΈΠΊΠ° Π² английском, поэтому я пСриодичСски здСсь появляюсь :)

A whopping 36 degrees here now. Snow predicted, but I'll believe it when it comes.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!

About +2C? A slush weather... So, Merry Christmas, for you first! :) Our Christmas will be after New Year...
Govorite po Russkie?

МнС Ρ‚ΠΎΠΆΠ΅ Π½ΡƒΠΆΠ½Π° ΠΏΡ€Π°ΠΊΡ‚ΠΈΠΊΠ° Π² английском, поэтому я пСриодичСски здСсь появляюсь :)
НС ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΠ±Π»Π΅ΠΌΠ°. Π’ΠΎΠ·ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ½ΠΎ ΠΌΡ‹ ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ΅ΠΌ ΠΏΠΎΠΌΠΎΡ‡ΡŒ Π΄Ρ€ΡƒΠ³ с Π΄Ρ€ΡƒΠ³ΠΎΠΌ?

It is 29Β° right now and I am freezing. It's going down lower too.

I hate winter...hate it, hate it, hate it.

My hands are cold!!

Put another log on the fire. It is cold here but not as cold as it was two weeks ago when it was in the single digits. In the Spring comes the Rose.

Govorite po Russkie?

НС ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΠ±Π»Π΅ΠΌΠ°. Π’ΠΎΠ·ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ½ΠΎ ΠΌΡ‹ ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ΅ΠΌ ΠΏΠΎΠΌΠΎΡ‡ΡŒ Π΄Ρ€ΡƒΠ³ с Π΄Ρ€ΡƒΠ³ΠΎΠΌ?

ΠžΡ…, Π² ΠΏΡƒΡ‚ΡŒ, Π΄ΠΎΠ±Ρ€ΠΎ ΠΏΠΎΠΆΠ°Π»ΠΎΠ²Π°Ρ‚ΡŒ, Π΄Ρ€ΡƒΠ³ΠΈΠ΅ Π½Π΅ ΠΏΠΎΠ½ΡΡ‚ΡŒ. Как Ρ…ΠΎΠ»ΠΎΠ΄Π½Ρ‹ΠΉ это Π³Π΄Π΅ Π²Ρ‹?

I'm in Central Russia, in European part.

I can handle the cold fine. It's the wind that really bothers me. It's always windy as hell around here and a cold blustery wind that hurts your face.

The only time I experienced cold like that was in the UK at Avebury.

Avebury | English Heritage

It was like being stuck by pins all over the face. The wind chill did it, the dastard!!!! It was about 20oF but the wind chill made it much lower. The Local Druids didn't seem too worried though; it was a Winter Solstice thingy. (I couldn't believe that those guys were serious; probably just suckering the tourists). Interesting to talk to though.

Greg

My hands are cold!!
try -28 below like this past weekend -LOL
Where the heck are you? It hasn't been that cold in my part of Alaska, yet.
South Dakota

by Monday it has climbed back into the high 20s above
I had some friends from South Dakota. They claimed they moved to Alaska for the "balmy" weather. I've known people from MN who made the same claim.

Maritime Zone maybe??

Greg

It is pretty warm and sunny this Christmas day here in New England. :) It is like mid 40s, no wind, and a pretty much perfect day! Merry Christmas!

How can you love this temperature - it's a permanent slush and dirt, fog and so on... 25-30F is very preferrable because of clean snow and hot sun! :)

No slush or fog here. :) It was dry and cool. I only needed a light jacket.

Is it cold there right now?

No, it's not so cold. Right now is a light frost (about -1 - 2 C), awesome weather for walking. With this "New Year" weather I don't want to work else... but there is a full week till the holidays :) We don't celebrate catholic Christmas, we start our Big Winter Holidays from New Year. Then it would be ours Christmas (6th of Jan), then approx. near 10th we end the holidays and start to work again... Then 13th of Jan - "Old New Year (New Year by a new calendar style), when we usually finish our reserves of alcohol and disassemble Christmas Trees), then 19th - Epiphany holiday... There are usually a continuous holidays in rural Russia - people usually don't seriously work till March) After it, 25th of Jan - a Students day, then 14th of February - Valentine day, then 23th Feb - the Day of Soviet Army (or Russian Army now) - a strongly gendered holiday, "Day of Men"... and all women, served in Army) Then 8th of March - Women's day. Then 1th of April - Fool's Day. Then - 12th of April, Day of Cosmonautics, 22th Apr - A Birthday of Lenin (now unformal holiday), 1th of May - Labour Day (and a day of potato seeding )), 9th of May - Victory Day... And so on... It seems, we have a lot of days to celebrate..

P.S. And also I dreaming about coming New Year holidays right now :)

It is pretty warm and sunny this Christmas day here in New England. :) It is like mid 40s, no wind, and a pretty much perfect day! Merry Christmas!

How can you love this temperature - it's a permanent slush and dirt, fog and so on... 25-30F is very preferrable because of clean snow and hot sun! :)

No slush or fog here. :) It was dry and cool. I only needed a light jacket.

If dry - it's a good spring weather... To visit wood and seek snowdrops :)

No, it's not so cold. Right now is a light frost (about -1 - 2 C), awesome weather for walking. With this "New Year" weather I don't want to work else... but there is a full week till the holidays :) We don't celebrate catholic Christmas, we start our Big Winter Holidays from New Year. Then it would be ours Christmas (6th of Jan), then approx. near 10th we end the holidays and start to work again... Then 13th of Jan - "Old New Year (New Year by a new calendar style), when we usually finish our reserves of alcohol and disassemble Christmas Trees), then 19th - Epiphany holiday... There are usually a continuous holidays in rural Russia - people usually don't seriously work till March) After it, 25th of Jan - a Students day, then 14th of February - Valentine day, then 23th Feb - the Day of Soviet Army (or Russian Army now) - a strongly gendered holiday, "Day of Men"... and all women, served in Army) Then 8th of March - Women's day. Then 1th of April - Fool's Day. Then - 12th of April, Day of Cosmonautics, 22th Apr - A Birthday of Lenin (now unformal holiday), 1th of May - Labour Day (and a day of potato seeding )), 9th of May - Victory Day... And so on... It seems, we have a lot of days to celebrate..

Sounds like fun! :)

My hands are cold!!

I guess we won't get to see anymore bare legs from Kat till April :(

stock-photo-woman-s-legs-in-a-blue-jeans-and-red-canvas-sneakers-sitting-on-a-bench-retro-styled-photo-407384023.jpg

Sounds like fun! :)

Come here and let's celebrate through all year :))

In tradtional families the period from Christmas to Epiphany - it's a time of visits every evening - and usually to play cards... Also there are a lot of other religious holidays and period in December/January and so on - but I don't deal with them...

18-20F? That's not killing cold. Anything with a minus in front of it is, though. Unfortunately, I work outdoors and must endure killing cold fairly regularly, and it gets worse with wind chill factored into the equation. You dress in layers, many, many layers, and you minimize your exposure as much as possible. I gain about 20-25 lbs of clothing when it gets really cold here.

Alaskans are tough.
We went skiing yesterday it was 38Β°F in mammoth lakes, Ca and it was freezing. We had a lot of fun but this morning a kid ding my Range Rover with his door at the restaurant parking lot.
Guess we have to tough enough if we choose to live here.
Is the kid still in one piece?

I let him go. His dad gave me $300 for not reporting it or call a cop but very angry at his son. His right side of the parking lot is about 30 feet away from the road.

It's miserable lower 60s and it's been raining here in Southern California. Another heavy rain forecasted this coming Thursday and Friday which is good for the drought. Just have to play indoor golf and no scuba diving for a while.

Forum List

Back