I Am Fa--reezing!!!

It is 29° right now and I am freezing. It's going down lower too.

I hate winter...hate it, hate it, hate it.

My hands are cold!!
We are below freezing in the Rocky Mountains here too.

And we have over a foot of snow everywhere in the valleys, several feet in the mountains at the ski resorts.

I know Alabama does not get snow, so think positive -- it could be much worse.

My hands are cold!!

Your not Alone!!
View attachment 102930
I feel sorry for all the wild creatures caught out in the snow.

We have feral cats here, and you can see them dashing through the snow in the evenings when they come out of their artificial lairs (pipes and other excavations) and look for food.

About the only food they get is what people put out for them.

Poor creatures.

Played golf last Friday --- 60 degrees

Snowed on Saturday --- 18 degrees

Cold on Sunday ---- 3 below zero

Warming up today --- 30 degrees, 40 degrees tomorrow

Got a tee time on Friday --- supposed to be in the high 50s

gotta love the consistency.
Anything above freezing seems warm to me now.

That's when the roads clear up at least.

My hands are cold!!

And we have over a foot of snow everywhere in the valleys, several feet in the mountains at the ski resorts.

But Alabama DOES get snow. Not like you of course, but we do. And it's okay right now. It warmed up, plus I am at the beach. :tongue:

My hands are cold!!

Your not Alone!!
View attachment 102930
I feel sorry for all the wild creatures caught out in the snow.

We have feral cats here, and you can see them dashing through the snow in the evenings when they come out of their artificial lairs (pipes and other excavations) and look for food.

About the only food they get is what people put out for them.

Poor creatures.
My ferals do quite well. Their "lairs" are my heated kid boxes and they have plenty of dry kibble and fresh goat's milk most evenings. That's their fee for keeping the mice out of my barn and the feed stores.

My hands are cold!!

But Alabama DOES get snow. Not like you of course, but we do. And it's okay right now. It warmed up, plus I am at the beach. :tongue:

And the southern states will cancel school for a dusting of snow, which is kind of humorous to us northerners. ;)

My hands are cold!!

And the southern states will cancel school for a dusting of snow, which is kind of humorous to us northerners. ;)
My daughter has lived in TX and NC when it snowed each place. Schools closed and traffic at a standstill, all for less than 1/4 to 1/2 of snow that melted before the day ended.

My hands are cold!!

Turn that HEAT the fuck on

It WAS on. And stop talking to me like that mister.
spank.gif

My hands are cold!!

My daughter has lived in TX and NC when it snowed each place. Schools closed and traffic at a standstill, all for less than 1/4 to 1/2 of snow that melted before the day ended.

When the temperature is lower than -30C, all schools in Russia closing - it's a federal law...
What are the children doing in Siberia, when it happens? They're walking all the day at the street - skiing, skating, sledging, playing hockey and so on :)))

"In Jakutia we have only one minus - -50C. It's a real cold!"

My hands are cold!!

When the temperature is lower than -30C, all schools in Russia closing - it's a federal law...
What are the children doing in Siberia, when it happens? They're walking all the day at the street - skiing, skating, sledging, playing hockey and so on :)))

Is he eating ice cream?
We work on an airline called Jakutia, they have the Northern Lights as their livery.

It's warmer here now so it's also snowing. The power went out for a while but has come back on now. I don't know how long it will stay one, though. I'm not looking forward to work tonight, either. Snow really complicates things when you're doing "turn and burn" service for jumbo jets.

Is he eating ice cream?
We work on an airline called Jakutia, they have the Northern Lights as their livery.

Yes, it's ice cream :) But as I think, really it's not so terrific. The temperature of ice cream is not so low, maybe -5 - -10C, it's seriously warmer, than the temperature of environment...

It's warmer here now so it's also snowing. The power went out for a while but has come back on now. I don't know how long it will stay one, though. I'm not looking forward to work tonight, either. Snow really complicates things when you're doing "turn and burn" service for jumbo jets.

This night it was a silent snow with big flakes - an awesome weather for walk and enjoy...

I saw some years ago, how technics made "turn and burn" with engine, got a bird or similar thrash... A spiral smoke from engine and so on... They've cleaned it and plane started some minutes later :) It was Tu-134, very nice plane with characteristics closer to bomber, not a passenger plane... It flew like nobody else :)

This night it was a silent snow with big flakes - an awesome weather for walk and enjoy...

I saw some years ago, how technics made "turn and burn" with engine, got a bird or similar thrash... A spiral smoke from engine and so on... They've cleaned it and plane started some minutes later :) It was Tu-134, very nice plane with characteristics closer to bomber, not a passenger plane... It flew like nobody else :)
Mostly, we see AN 124 aircraft here, rarely an AN 225 on its way to an air show. "Turn and burn" here means fill the fuel tanks and send it on its way. Anchorage is actually the third largest cargo aircraft port in the world.

Forum List

Back