I Am Fa--reezing!!!

It is 29° right now and I am freezing. It's going down lower too.

I hate winter...hate it, hate it, hate it.

My hands are cold!!
try -28 below like this past weekend -LOL

No thanks. We get the occasional 30 degrees F in our winter but only occasionally. I recall one a few years back. Wood fire was working overtime.

Greg

Went for a swim yesterday: 85degrees.
Rode bike on trails Saturday and Sunday: 90 degrees

Recovering today painting the house: 80 degrees.

:banana:

Can you send me some ice, please. I'm knackered!!!

Greg

LOL You will get yours when winter hits....won't ya?

Yeah: got a cold day once. I did live in the UK for a year. Bloody cold there. Loved walking in snow storms. Locals thought I was nuts staying out in the hills but it was magnificent. "Hillwalking" I think they call it.

Greg

It is 29° right now and I am freezing. It's going down lower too.

I hate winter...hate it, hate it, hate it.

My hands are cold!!

Out here on the warmth-free Katy Prairie it is currently 39° F and falling. Despite being born in alpine Slovenia and growing up in northeastern Ohio, where I walked through snow drifts deeper than I was tall to get to school, I too am freezing my butt off! So much so in fact, I am considering running up to the local taqueria for a half dozen or so bean burritos. I should be then able to light my farts and at least keep my arse warm!

Greg

Nope. rarely ice or snow; usually as hail in summer if at all. (the last "snow day" here was in 1995/6. And that was in summer...more like pearl hail than snow but we were told it was a type of snow. I wasn't convinced).

Greg

Greg

Yeah: got a cold day once. I did live in the UK for a year. Bloody cold there. Loved walking in snow storms. Locals thought I was nuts staying out in the hills but it was magnificent. "Hillwalking" I think they call it.

Greg

I will send you some cold then! We had a super super hot summer. grr

Greg

Greg

Thank you. But we're really quite OK. We're acclimatised to the warmth. That's what swimming pools and surf beaches are for. Our beaches in winter.

EDIT: I grew up here. We still have the family home near the beach but with several buildings between us and the water.

Greg

Last edited:

Greg

Greg

Thank you. But we're really quite OK. We're acclimatised to the warmth. That's what swimming pools and surf beaches are for. Our beaches in winter.

EDIT: I grew up here. We still have the family home near the beach but with several buildings between us and the water.

Greg

Beautiful. I am moving to all white beaches in a few months...I am a beach person anyhow.

(didn't look for video)

4761715282_1996fe4cd3_z.jpg

IMG_8592.jpg

homeimg.jpg

SC_subhead-img_beach_waves.jpg

I feel warmer already!

Greg

Greg

Greg

Beautiful. I am moving to all white beaches in a few months...I am a beach person anyhow.

(didn't look for video)

IMG_8592.jpg

homeimg.jpg

Did you grow up near the water?

Greg

Greg

Greg

(didn't look for video)

IMG_8592.jpg

homeimg.jpg

Greg

Not on the water, but close. I spent a lot of time there.

Cold is cold!

When I was younger, I used to stay up all night playing ice hockey on a frozen lake in -10 degree weather.

Now, 50 degrees is cold to me. I'm embarrassed with myself.

I have to move back to the East Coast, I'm growing soft.
When I lived in New York City, people used to give me a hard time about not being dressed warm enough all winter long. I live in Ireland, where it does not get real cold or snow, and I cannot wear enough clothes due to the dampness.

Cold is cold!

When I was younger, I used to stay up all night playing ice hockey on a frozen lake in -10 degree weather.

When I lived in New York City, people used to give me a hard time about not being dressed warm enough all winter long. I live in Ireland, where it does not get real cold or snow, and I cannot wear enough clothes due to the dampness.

Dampness in Ireland you mean? That is what is so cold here...the south. When it turns so cold and it's always damp. brr

Cold is cold!

Dampness in Ireland you mean? That is what is so cold here...the south. When it turns so cold and it's always damp. brr
Yes, the damp chills you to the bone. My first winter here my wife was worried because my hands and feet were like ice cubes. We went to New York for a visit that winter. The temperature in New York was 30 degrees colder than Ireland, but my hands and feet 'defrosted' as soon as we arrived.

Cold is cold!

Yes, the damp chills you to the bone. My first winter here my wife was worried because my hands and feet were like ice cubes. We went to New York for a visit that winter. The temperature in New York was 30 degrees colder than Ireland, but my hands and feet 'defrosted' as soon as we arrived.

That is exactly how it is here where I am. I am okay now, but earlier when i made this thread I was just freezing..almost shivering, and the cold was chilling to the bone, so I know what you mean.

Greg

Greg

(didn't look for video)

IMG_8592.jpg

homeimg.jpg

Greg

Not on the water, but close. I spent a lot of time there.

Ditto. Being beachfront isn't a great option during our cyclones. lol. I much prefer to be a few houseblocks inland. They acted as a windbreak and stopped a bit of the spray. But living near it? PRICELESS. Early morning/afternoon and after work runs and swims were just routine. I'd do a 10km run and end with a rinse off in the surf. Sigh; long past that now. But the bicycle has given me a new way of getting around the cycle/walking tracks beside the beach. Hard in peak season; too many bloody tourists getting in the way. My lads are getting me into trail riding; not so sure about that.

Greg

Cold is cold!

That is exactly how it is here where I am. I am okay now, but earlier when i made this thread I was just freezing..almost shivering, and the cold was chilling to the bone, so I know what you mean.
Keep warm, and have a good Christmas.

Keep warm, and have a good Christmas.

Thank you, and same to you! :)

Forum List

Back