I am ashamed to be an American

I would like to see more vagina surgery. Maybe put a smile on that puppy, give it a new name, and stop natural births. Big feet reduction would be a plus. A women who always wants to get laid. Thank you, thank you, Santa Claus!!

We need more cop and autopsy shows.

Are all the cop shows some kind of prep to help us accept a police state?
And the autopsy shows to desensitize us for all those killed in the revolution riots?
and the Palin shows to sell more Malox and anti nausea drugs?

Last edited:
Yes, well, remove all morality from society, education and politics, bash away at the foundations of society, and that's what you get.

Don't kill off those of us who still believe in people, though. If it's truly unbearable to you, killing yourself is appropriate. Kindly refrain from wiping off the face of the earth those who still have hope and faith, and who find life beautiful and America something worth preserving and protecting.

I think the point is the generation that believes crap like that is important to the big picture wouldn't have a clue what's worth preserving and protecting (other than their own bodies). Are they the future leaders of America? God I hope not, and you should be scared too.

They should let the winner each week choose a surgery to give to one of the other contestants.

Lets see if we can make them freakier.

I have never watched a single unreality TV show. Not one.
never watched survivor, wife swapping, bridezilla or any other bullshit.
I watch the greatest invention since the TV remote...DVR.
I have over 30 episodes of That 70's show, Judge Judy, Pawn Stars...all kinds of documentaries.
I love DVR.

Isn't Pawn Stars a reality show? Just because the History Channel is trying to cash in on reality shows doesn't make them more credible. I think what you're saying is that you're selective about which reality shows you enjoy. Well so am I. Probably everyone is.

We need more cop and autopsy shows.

Are all the cop shows some kind of prep to help us accept a police state?
And the autopsy shows to desensitize us for all those killed in the revolution riots?
and the Palin shows to sell more Malox and anti nausea drugs?

What autopsy shows? Other than Dr. G, I can't think of any. And I like that program not for the autopsies (they are pixled anyway) for the surprise diagnoses. I'm fascinated by any medical programs (not the dramas), like Mystery Diagnosis, and now I'm hooked on Untold Stories of the ER. Maybe I like them because I always feel very healthy after watching one. :lol:

Who isn't fascinated by the hoarding shows? There's now two on separate channels. Or "I Shouldn't be Alive" on Animal Planet--although you KNOW the victims survive because they're narrating, those episodes are gripping.

Last edited:
i blame the men in this country. they always have these high expectations on how their girlfriends and wives look. so women become so desperate just to please their man that they will do anything to look perfect for them.

all of these women on the show are young and gorgeous but because of this image obsessed and male dominated society these women feel as though they are not good enough which is why they signed up for such a reality tv show.

I have never watched a single unreality TV show. Not one.
never watched survivor, wife swapping, bridezilla or any other bullshit.
I watch the greatest invention since the TV remote...DVR.
I have over 30 episodes of That 70's show, Judge Judy, Pawn Stars...all kinds of documentaries.
I love DVR.

Isn't Pawn Stars a reality show? Just because the History Channel is trying to cash in on reality shows doesn't make them more credible. I think what you're saying is that you're selective about which reality shows you enjoy. Well so am I. Probably everyone is.

Judge Judy is one I would judge to be a "reality" show.

i blame the men in this country. they always have these high expectations on how their girlfriends and wives look. so women become so desperate just to please their man that they will do anything to look perfect for them.

all of these women on the show are young and gorgeous but because of this image obsessed and male dominated society these women feel as though they are not good enough which is why they signed up for such a reality tv show.

You've obviously never heard women talking about the way other women look.

Most men I know don't care too much as long as they are relatively healthy, and aren't sprouting a second nose.

What kind of man would want a "fake" woman anyway? That means they are just as shallow as the women getting all this 'work' done.

Age gracefully and naturally, be smart and have a sense of humor, take care of yourself and no woman should have a problem 'attracting' a man.

And the same goes for men vs. women.

You've obviously never heard women talking about the way other women look.

Most men I know don't care too much as long as they are relatively healthy, and aren't sprouting a second nose.

I think it's a little of both. I can remember my husband buying me some really ugly piece of clothing for my birthday (at least I thought so), and when I would only wear it once, he would eventually ask me why and then say "Well I like it--do you dress for me or your girlfriends?" He had a point. On the other hand, he obviously knew my taste, so why would he buy me something he should have known I wouldn't like?

What kind of man would want a "fake" woman anyway? That means they are just as shallow as the women getting all this 'work' done.

Age gracefully and naturally, be smart and have a sense of humor, take care of yourself and no woman should have a problem 'attracting' a man.

Thats all most of the men I know care about.

I mean, no one wants a real fatty. But srsly, a few extra pounds isn't that big of a deal. I mean, my wife has had 3 kids, and 4 pregnancies. All of the pregnancies were extremely high risk, with extreme pre-eclampsia and some of the greatest water weight-gain the docs had ever seen (despite her not being able to eat nearly anything or keep down what she could eat). Do I expect her body to be the same it was when we were dating? Hell no, thats unrealistic as hell. But I have 3 beautiful children, and I love her for giving them to me.

It doesn't make me ashamed.

We are all perfectly free to ignore it.

[...]
I agree.

I've sampled a couple of reality shows, such as Survivor, and I find most of them tiresome or silly. But one that captured me was (is?) Big Brother, which actually amounts to an elaborate Psych Lab in which you're watching the effects of close confinement on a variety of personalities and the changes that take place over time. It starts out with a dozen people who are confined to a house and undergo various weekly ordeals and competitions which lead to a weekly eviction. You see pretenses fade away and real characteristics emerge as the weeks go by and there are many surprising interpersonal developments as all compete to avoid eviction.

At the end of the 12-week season the remaining participants (2) split a million dollars, so there is no limit to the treachery, scheming and conniving. This show is a very real glimpse of human nature stripped naked.

The last season wasn't very interesting because the participants were rather bland personalities, but the previous season was worth watching. This show is addictive to anyone who is interested in human behavior, so I look forward to the next season which should be starting in July.

Thats all most of the men I know care about.

I mean, no one wants a real fatty. But srsly, a few extra pounds isn't that big of a deal. I mean, my wife has had 3 kids, and 4 pregnancies. All of the pregnancies were extremely high risk, with extreme pre-eclampsia and some of the greatest water weight-gain the docs had ever seen (despite her not being able to eat nearly anything or keep down what she could eat). Do I expect her body to be the same it was when we were dating? Hell no, thats unrealistic as hell. But I have 3 beautiful children, and I love her for giving them to me.

My wife gave my life meaning despite my best efforts

Forum List

Back