TSA frisks groom children to cooperate with sex predators, abuse expert says

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
An expert in the fight against child sexual abuse is raising the alarm about a technique the TSA is reportedly using to get children to co-operate with airport pat-downs: calling it a "game". Ken Wooden, founder of Child Lures Prevention, says the TSA's recommendation that children be told the pat-down is a "game" is potentially putting children in danger.
Telling a child that they are engaging in a game is "one of the most common ways" that sexual predators use to convince children to engage in inappropriate contact, Wooden told Raw Story.

Exclusive: TSA frisks groom children to cooperate with sex predators, abuse expert says | Raw Story

What a hysterical bunch I share this board with. Honest to Pete; next I expect to read that TSA agents are Martians and plan to implant microchips in us during pat downs.

Just have a good cry over this, JB, and then somehow, find the strength to go on.

I don't think I agree with Maddy on the TSA overall, but in this instance I do. Maybe there could be specific instances where this has some merit, but to seriously worry about calling pat-downs on children a game leading to sexual abuse sounds hysterical.

What a hysterical bunch I share this board with. Honest to Pete; next I expect to read that TSA agents are Martians and plan to implant microchips in us during pat downs.

Just have a good cry over this, JB, and then somehow, find the strength to go on.

What I do not get is why you are trying to blame this on TSA hysteria when it is clearly a result of child abuse hysteria. You know about that don't you, the same thing that gets people to call police if a parent lets their child walk to school unsupervised?

I don't think I agree with Maddy on the TSA overall, but in this instance I do. Maybe there could be specific instances where this has some merit, but to seriously worry about calling pat-downs on children a game leading to sexual abuse sounds hysterical.

I'm torn because it truly does desensitize young kids to the concept of strangers touching them in their private areas, but even an enhanced pat down isn't the same as a sexual violation.

If the child flies (and is made to go through pat-downs) often, then perhaps I can see this having that desensitizing effect. How often are the children going to be going through this process I wonder?

:rolleyes:

yeah, the tsa touches the "private parts" of kids...not.

wtf is wrong with you people?

31 seconds into this video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN6pJ7nP1yA[/ame]

1:10 into this video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ByKOhAhsU[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back