Hurricane Michael

Willow tree I live in Carrabelle. If there is anything I can do for you please message me through this board. I have a freezer trailer that is 110 and can hold two pallets. Let me know if I can do anything
Thank You so much! How much damage did you guys get? Do you know anything about Apalachicola?
We dodged a bullet. Only by the grace of god. If the storm had just been 60 miles farther east I wouldn’t be here today. We live on high ground but boats and restaurants made out fine. We had power back the Sunday night after storm. The power people cannot be complimented enough. They have done such a good job at such a high level and they are not getting the recognition they deserve. Same with many charitable orgs. Appalach eastpoint, and carrabelle except for debris pickup are really back to normal. The worst devastation seems to start at st. Joe and go west.

Yeah, some of ours and a group of SAR we know were in there immediately after the storm. It is devastating.
So sorry to hear about your roof, Willow tree. If you need a tarp, Grand Ridge has a bunch ( 500)delivered there. Don’t know how far that is from where you are. If you need anything, please let me know privately.

Our relief group has been in there for the second time this weekend. The surface isn’t even touched. It’s horrific there and there are some horrific inspectors, along with good ones. Many are and will have to appeal their decisions.
Thank You! I have homeowners with Allstate they have been here, they are all overwhelmed. Everyone is working around the clock. One of the linemen told me that of the 300mpeople they knew who chose to stay in Mexico Beach 270 are unaccounted for. Mexico Beach got the big storm surge. The aFb was wiped out too.
I will never stay for another one! I figured since we lived through Opal we could survive this. I did survive but many did not.
Tough to say that............Michael hit at it's peak.......I've left for some and you get stuck out there.........can't get back home.......

Skipper tornadoes can make you sorry you stayed............It's easy for those in the cheap seats to say run or not.........If in a flood zone or near the storm surge it's a given.......You gotta run........Inland not so much.......

My 'other place' is inland; no issues from Michael.

Only the GOP donor class, or the stupid would buy RE in the flood surge zones, or near by.
Doesn't sound like his damage was anything other than wind............

Skippers leave a leap frog trail through the neighborhood during the storm......hit this street and bounce hit blocks away and nothing in between.........

You hear the train...........when they come by

WOW! Hard to believe that cinder Blocks that big can be blown or ripped apart!

My sister went through Andrew and lost part of her Roof, but other homes around her were destroyed, and still... Panama and Mexico City seems to be even worse!!!!

Her hairdresser Jeanie and son, lived on Biscayne Bay so my sister invited them to her house which was 10 miles or so, south and inland, and Andrew actually hit my sister's area the hardest.

When all of the rain started pouring in after losing part of the roof over the spare bedroom upstairs, my sister and Jeanie's 15 year old son kept FRUITLESSLY filling buckets with water from the hole in the roof, and dumping them down the toilet thinking they were actually helping, or at least they felt like they were doing something, (even though they really were not)

While Jeanie was downstairs, on her knees in front of the refrigerator PRAYING to God, to save them!

When the whole event was over, my sister and her son started teasing Jeanie for being frozen on her knees in front of the Fridge, and unable to help them....

jeanie replied back, that them filling buckets with the leak's water, did NOTHING to save them,

But her prayers on her knees to God, in front of the Fridge, is what did! :lol:

I know! I was desperately trying to mop up water too. Andrew was also a horrible storm. From reports I have heard Michael is the third largest in US history. Galveston, Maria, and Michael. Michael was one mph under a Cat. Five!

Unless you are surrounded by the massive trees in this area and they are close enough to damage your home if they go.
Yeah, some of ours and a group of SAR we know were in there immediately after the storm. It is devastating.
So sorry to hear about your roof, Willow tree. If you need a tarp, Grand Ridge has a bunch ( 500)delivered there. Don’t know how far that is from where you are. If you need anything, please let me know privately.

Our relief group has been in there for the second time this weekend. The surface isn’t even touched. It’s horrific there and there are some horrific inspectors, along with good ones. Many are and will have to appeal their decisions.
Thank You! I have homeowners with Allstate they have been here, they are all overwhelmed. Everyone is working around the clock. One of the linemen told me that of the 300mpeople they knew who chose to stay in Mexico Beach 270 are unaccounted for. Mexico Beach got the big storm surge. The aFb was wiped out too.
I will never stay for another one! I figured since we lived through Opal we could survive this. I did survive but many did not.
Tough to say that............Michael hit at it's peak.......I've left for some and you get stuck out there.........can't get back home.......

Skipper tornadoes can make you sorry you stayed............It's easy for those in the cheap seats to say run or not.........If in a flood zone or near the storm surge it's a given.......You gotta run........Inland not so much.......

WOW! Hard to believe that cinder Blocks that big can be blown or ripped apart!

My sister went through Andrew and lost part of her Roof, but other homes around her were destroyed, and still... Panama and Mexico City seems to be even worse!!!!

Her hairdresser Jeanie and son, lived on Biscayne Bay so my sister invited them to her house which was 10 miles or so, south and inland, and Andrew actually hit my sister's area the hardest.

When all of the rain started pouring in after losing part of the roof over the spare bedroom upstairs, my sister and Jeanie's 15 year old son kept FRUITLESSLY filling buckets with water from the hole in the roof, and dumping them down the toilet thinking they were actually helping, or at least they felt like they were doing something, (even though they really were not)

While Jeanie was downstairs, on her knees in front of the refrigerator PRAYING to God, to save them!

When the whole event was over, my sister and her son started teasing Jeanie for being frozen on her knees in front of the Fridge, and unable to help them....

Jeanie replied back, that them filling buckets with the leak's water, did NOTHING to save them,

But her prayers on her knees to God, in front of the Fridge, is what did! :lol:
Whomever did the mortar on those blocks needs to get out of the business..........they are clean.........should be about 3/8 th's thick.............Looks like they were set by some big dummies........from the pics..........or were in storage and got moved around.

Unless you are surrounded by the massive trees in this area and they are close enough to damage your home if they go.

True..........We've got one tree that is a problem..........during hurricane Katrina I tied chokers to it and anchored it into the ground away from our home..........LOL

Used a come along........LOL

This was more than skippers inland, according to our guys out there.

My 'other place' is inland; no issues from Michael.

Only the GOP donor class, or the stupid would buy RE in the flood surge zones, or near by.
Doesn't sound like his damage was anything other than wind............

Skippers leave a leap frog trail through the neighborhood during the storm......hit this street and bounce hit blocks away and nothing in between.........

You hear the train...........when they come by

I lost my big grapefruit tree, the pecan tree is still standing but barely, it will have to be cut down. There are big church groups in town cutting and removing trees for people at no charge. My neighbors came and took my holly berry tree off my roof.

I lost my big grapefruit tree, the pecan tree is still standing but barely, it will have to be cut down. There are big church groups in town cutting and removing trees for people at no charge. My neighbors came and took my holly berry tree off my roof.
For Ivan, Katrina, and such we had the roads cleared before the county came in..........live in the country...........tractors and chainsaws a buzzing........we cleared miles of roads........biggest problem was the pines that fell across the roads........cut both sides......the tractors drug the trunks out of the road.

For Ivan, Katrina, and such we had the roads cleared before the county came in..........live in the country...........tractors and chainsaws a buzzing........we cleared miles of roads........biggest problem was the pines that fell across the roads........cut both sides......the tractors drug the trunks out of the road.

Yep! Generators too.

upload_2018-11-4_19-13-5.jpeg

Forum List

Back