Hurricane Michael

8BFEAB83-4AA8-4AA8-A4D3-5AB1D45749C9.png

Blountstown. If you zoom in, you will see the trees are toppled to the left.
From NOAA imagery
Hurricane MICHAEL Imagery
You can zoom into all the hit areas at the link

Look at what this one gentleman did with a tree snapped in his yard there. That’s the spirit that will get people through the destruction and what amazing work!
Looking him up, he lives there, but he may have been commissioned to do it, as he is too young to have been in Vietnam Nam, or maybe he did it for a neighbor he knows. Regardless, beauty arises out of the destruction.
Chad Gainey Sculpture
B18A976B-FF15-4CF6-8F81-633E2ACF4EEF.jpeg

A2B631AB-B0D1-4FD1-97FE-AC8B3C91F980.jpeg

Outstanding!
How are you doing, WillowTree?
I am doing fine. We have work crews in town. They will fix my roof after Thanksgiving but it will be about six months before the den gets patched up! I have a big sheet of plywood sealing off the den from the rest of the souse. I am going to decorate with Christmas paper! We went to a craft fair yesterday in Lynn Haven. Beautiful day, people were smiling, but stories were swapped and some tears were shed. The people are all pulling together.

Outstanding!
I am doing fine. We have work crews in town. They will fix my roof after Thanksgiving but it will be about six months before the den gets patched up! I have a big sheet of plywood sealing off the den from the rest of the souse. I am going to decorate with Christmas paper! We went to a craft fair yesterday in Lynn Haven. Beautiful day, people were smiling, but stories were swapped and some tears were shed. The people are all pulling together.

Good to hear you are on the road to recovery. It will take time, but you will get there yesterday. Your idea of using Christmas paper is the spirit! Wonderful idea. Wishing you all the best in your recovey.

We were in Fountain, Fl delivering medical supplies that are needed there.
Things are still really bad there, but some progress has been made. Each week a little better than the last.

Last edited:
Florida is a red state; right? Should we care?

The Republican mantra is, PULL YOURSELF UP by your own boot straps

If those fine Republicans do that then they will be OK.

If they don't then I guess by GOP standards, they are lazy; right?

Didn't Trump come down there & toss out some paper towels?

Drying those tears

If anyone doubted you were a douchebag before, this post removes any doubt that you are.

Just wow.

Outstanding!

Good to hear you are on the road to recovery. It will take time, but you will get there yesterday. Your idea of using Christmas paper is the spirit! Wonderful idea. Wishing you all the best in your recovey.

We were in Fountain, Fl delivering medical supplies that are needed there.
Things are still really bad there, but some progress has been made. Each week a little better than the last.
Thank you! There are many wonderful people in the world like you! I have seen that firsthand! I have met folks from all over the US come here to help.

Last edited:
We were in Panama City yesterday.

Wow. Just wow.
Unbelievable huh! No one knows how bad until they actually see it! And, it is better than it was a month ago. There is a total f abscence by the liberal media!

We were in Panama City yesterday.

Wow. Just wow.
Unbelievable huh! No one knows how bad until they actually see it! And, it is better than it was a month ago. There is a total f abscence by the liberal media!
That’s what we were talking about yesterday. How it is better, but still horrendous. And yes, no national media talking about it.

Willow Tree, have you heard any new numbers on those still missing or the perished? It’s hard to find any updates.

Forum List

Back