Hurricane Michael

Are the insurance companies screwing everybody yet...............Like they do on most storms.

I don’t think so. Have not heard of any.
Most of them do..........try to get out of paying..........try to use the fine print on water damage versus wind damage..........

Did you rip out all the wet stuff..........in your house..........and dry it out............use Tilex or something like that on all the framing that got wet???????
My son came from Gainesville, we did rip out the fallen ceilings and insulation. He put tarps on the roof. He is my rock. My grandson and granddaughter from Charleston came with boxloads of supplies! It took me a whole day to clear debris out of my driveway. I had to go check my brother’s house which was also heavily damaged. Rick died Aug. 30th and his house was unoccupied. Dennis put tarps on his roof too. Both hospitals in the city were heavily damaged and there is only emergency care for cardiacs available in the city. You have to drive west to Destin to see a doctor! There isn’t a building in PC that did not sustain damage so I am not alone.
So it dried out pretty good..........the reason for the Tilex and wipe down is to prevent mold after......once it gets into the wood it's hard to get out. Why I asked.......simple cheap Tilex or something similar will prevent mold from forming on any surface or wood after...........Can come back to bite you later............

Glad to hear your family helped you out...........Hurricane vet here.........LOL..........just to the west of you.

So sorry to hear about your roof, Willow tree. If you need anymore tarps, Grand Ridge Town Hall has a bunch ( 500)delivered there. Don’t know how far that is from where you are. If you need anything, please let me know privately. I believe there will be some more of our group headed there next weekend, too.

Our relief group has been in there for the second time this weekend. The surface isn’t even touched. It’s horrific there and there are some horrific inspectors, along with good ones. Many are and will have to appeal their decisions.

Last edited:
Are the insurance companies screwing everybody yet...............Like they do on most storms.

I don’t think so. Have not heard of any.
Most of them do..........try to get out of paying..........try to use the fine print on water damage versus wind damage..........

Did you rip out all the wet stuff..........in your house..........and dry it out............use Tilex or something like that on all the framing that got wet???????
My son came from Gainesville, we did rip out the fallen ceilings and insulation. He put tarps on the roof. He is my rock. My grandson and granddaughter from Charleston came with boxloads of supplies! It took me a whole day to clear debris out of my driveway. I had to go check my brother’s house which was also heavily damaged. Rick died Aug. 30th and his house was unoccupied. Dennis put tarps on his roof too. Both hospitals in the city were heavily damaged and there is only emergency care for cardiacs available in the city. You have to drive west to Destin to see a doctor! There isn’t a building in PC that did not sustain damage so I am not alone.

My God; you sound like a whining Democrat now.

Willow tree I live in Carrabelle. If there is anything I can do for you please message me through this board. I have a freezer trailer that is 110 and can hold two pallets. Let me know if I can do anything.

And you are right. I have been through dozens of hurricanes and never seen the volume of destruction this storm wreaked. 250 miles from the coast it was still breaking power pols in two. If I knew how to get pics and videos off the phone and onto here I would post them.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your roof, Willow tree. If you need a tarp, Grand Ridge has a bunch ( 500)delivered there. Don’t know how far that is from where you are. If you need anything, please let me know privately.

Our relief group has been in there for the second time this weekend. The surface isn’t even touched. It’s horrific there and there are some horrific inspectors, along with good ones. Many are and will have to appeal their decisions.
Thank You! I have homeowners with Allstate they have been here, they are all overwhelmed. Everyone is working around the clock. One of the linemen told me that of the 300mpeople they knew who chose to stay in Mexico Beach 270 are unaccounted for. Mexico Beach got the big storm surge. The aFb was wiped out too.

Willow tree I live in Carrabelle. If there is anything I can do for you please message me through this board. I have a freezer trailer that is 110 and can hold two pallets. Let me know if I can do anything
Thank You so much! How much damage did you guys get? Do you know anything about Apalachicola?

Yeah, some of ours and a group of SAR we know were in there immediately after the storm. It is devastating.
So sorry to hear about your roof, Willow tree. If you need a tarp, Grand Ridge has a bunch ( 500)delivered there. Don’t know how far that is from where you are. If you need anything, please let me know privately.

Thank You! I have homeowners with Allstate they have been here, they are all overwhelmed. Everyone is working around the clock. One of the linemen told me that of the 300mpeople they knew who chose to stay in Mexico Beach 270 are unaccounted for. Mexico Beach got the big storm surge. The aFb was wiped out too.

It didn’t take long for this thread to be injected with partisan bullshit.

Correct. The liberals who say they care so much don’t really care at all. We knew that!

Moar partisanship bullshit.
Yes! Have you noticed this news is not carried on liberal TV?

I’ve seen some reports about the devastation but I figured it was more fake news from the lamestream media.

Yeah, some of ours and a group of SAR we know were in there immediately after the storm. It is devastating.

I will never stay for another one! I figured since we lived through Opal we could survive this. I did survive but many did not.

Michael was nature's retribution for the evils of the red state that does not believe that humans are responsible for climate change.

Why doesn't Florida go ahead & allow off-shore drilling so the crude oil leaks can screw up those lovely white 100 million year old Appalachian granite beaches?

Oh, that's right; it would screw up ALL those tourist dollar$ coming into the state.

It only took humans a few decades to fvck up that stretch of 100 million year old pulverized granite beach.

We are so awesome!!

Michael was nature's retribution for the evils of the red state that does not believe that humans are responsible for climate change.

Why doesn't Florida go ahead & allow off-shore drilling so the crude oil leaks can screw up those lovely white 100 million year old Appalachian granite beaches?

Oh, that's right; it would screw up ALL those tourist dollar$ coming into the state.

It only took humans a few decades to fvck up that stretch of 100 million year old pulverized granite beach.

We are so awesome!!
The climate changed before there were humans dumbass! Climate change occurs whether ewe want it to or not. Dumbass!

The guys were telling me earlier today they think close to 90-95% of the homes they have seen are damaged , if not destroyed, in the areas they were helping this weekend.

I will never stay for another one! I figured since we lived through Opal we could survive this. I did survive but many did not.

Tough to say that............Michael hit at it's peak.......I've left for some and you get stuck out there.........can't get back home.......

Skipper tornadoes can make you sorry you stayed............It's easy for those in the cheap seats to say run or not.........If in a flood zone or near the storm surge it's a given.......You gotta run........Inland not so much.......

The Climate Change bullshit is just another excuse for libtards to tax people!

Tough to say that............Michael hit at it's peak.......I've left for some and you get stuck out there.........can't get back home.......

Skipper tornadoes can make you sorry you stayed............It's easy for those in the cheap seats to say run or not.........If in a flood zone or near the storm surge it's a given.......You gotta run........Inland not so much.......

My 'other place' is inland; no issues from Michael.

Only the GOP donor class, or the stupid would buy RE in the flood surge zones, or near by.

Hurricanes have been happening forever................Live on the coast sooner or later you get hit............Just the way it is.......

Same as Earthquakes............Blizzards.............Mother Nature burping.............and she's a bad ass bitch when she wants to be.

WOW! Hard to believe that cinder Blocks that big can be blown or ripped apart!

My sister went through Andrew and lost part of her Roof, but other homes around her were destroyed, and still... Panama and Mexico City seems to be even worse!!!!

Her hairdresser Jeanie and son, lived on Biscayne Bay so my sister invited them to her house which was 10 miles or so, south and inland, and Andrew actually hit my sister's area the hardest.

When all of the rain started pouring in after losing part of the roof over the spare bedroom upstairs, my sister and Jeanie's 15 year old son kept FRUITLESSLY filling buckets with water from the hole in the roof, and dumping them down the toilet thinking they were actually helping, or at least they felt like they were doing something, (even though they really were not)

While Jeanie was downstairs, on her knees in front of the refrigerator PRAYING to God, to save them!

When the whole event was over, my sister and her son started teasing Jeanie for being frozen on her knees in front of the Fridge, and unable to help them....

Jeanie replied back, that them filling buckets with the leak's water, did NOTHING to save them,

But her prayers on her knees to God, in front of the Fridge, is what did! :lol:

Forum List

Back