Hundreds of thousands protest US troop presence in Iraq.

Trump should jump at the chance to pull our ground troops out of there. Regime change was a bad idea, sold by misguides officials for many reasons (mostly bad ones), not understanding the U.S. costs or the chaos it would unleash in the region. It has not and will not be worth remaining there.
The regime change was awesome! It was the rebuilding and policing that shouldnt have been done.
Was the regime change worth 23,000 casualties?
Absolutely. Saddam was killing a hell of a lot more people than that. God only knows what kind of horrors he would have unleashed over the next few decades, let alone his lunatic sons after him.
He was over there, killing them, and at the same time, keeping Iran occupied and preventing them from setting up shop in Iraq. Iraq was a buffer zone.

Trump should jump at the chance to pull our ground troops out of there. Regime change was a bad idea, sold by misguides officials for many reasons (mostly bad ones), not understanding the U.S. costs or the chaos it would unleash in the region. It has not and will not be worth remaining there.

If he pulled the troops the Republicans would vote for impeachment. It's why he agreed to send even more troops.

We are all being played.
That would be sleazy if he sent them to cave to his party, but No, they have totally caved to him.. He is kind of sleazy, but appeasing the Republicans is not why he sent the troops to Saudi Arabia. Could be a different sleazy reason.

The regime change was awesome! It was the rebuilding and policing that shouldnt have been done.
Was the regime change worth 23,000 casualties?
Absolutely. Saddam was killing a hell of a lot more people than that. God only knows what kind of horrors he would have unleashed over the next few decades, let alone his lunatic sons after him.
Why wasn`t he charged for what you say he did?
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Saddam Hussein sentenced to death
He was sentenced to death for killing his own people and the Kurds........Slaughtering the Shia there who rose up after Bush Sr. rallied them to take the country back, and they were killed for it..........They thought we were going to FINISH IT in the 1st Gulf War.............

Saddam was contained............and a long occupation was stupid..........always goes wrong in the Middle East.......and has gotten us stuck there for 18 years......

If you don't fight to win then you shouldn't go there at all...........As I've said........we should have just Fucked them up and left.............
Should not have gone. From thousand of miles away, we were under no immediate threat, not having weapons of mass destruction. Yellow cake was just a ruse by the ones that wanted us there. Probably more advance nuclear program on liberal arts campuses right here.

It always tickles me that the crime against peace committed by the US in initiating aggressive warfare is not even considered worth mentioning when listing the bad aspects of the 2003 illegal invasion.
I am not a purist. I am not particularly worried about any supposed crime of "illegal invasion", only damage and loss of our fine troops where they did not need to be, totally destabilizing the region (not that they were all that stable already by unleashing Iran), loss of treasure on the failed endeavor, foolishly inserting us between Iran and Israel instead of giving Israel the tools and autonomy to deal with it as needed, things like that, with costs and obligations but no upside for the American people.

They were targeted for the same reason we have targeted them.
We never targeted civilians.

With every bomb we drop.
Saying weird shit that no one on earth believes, isnt a very effective way of debating. :cuckoo:

One bomb. 11 children killed. And the evidence that led to the US

We have NO business dropping bombs anywhere.
Did we intentionally target those children? If not, why are you talking about that story? What does that have to do with our debate?

Yes, we intentionally target those children. We know there are children where our bombs are falling. We have NO business dropping these bombs.

If he pulled the troops the Republicans would vote for impeachment. It's why he agreed to send even more troops.

We are all being played.
That would be sleazy if he sent them to cave to his party, but No, they have totally caved to him.. He is kind of sleazy, but appeasing the Republicans is not why he sent the troops to Saudi Arabia. Could be a different sleazy reason.

Trump has said he was going to remove the troops until Lindsey Graham warns him not to.

We never targeted civilians.

With every bomb we drop.
Saying weird shit that no one on earth believes, isnt a very effective way of debating. :cuckoo:

Did we intentionally target those children? If not, why are you talking about that story? What does that have to do with our debate?

Yes, we intentionally target those children. We know there are children where our bombs are falling. We have NO business dropping these bombs.
NO. We don''t intentionally target children. Hang out in airport with you parents spitting on troops returning from Vietnam as a kid? Shameful assertion. Beneath you.

We are all being played.

Trump has said he was going to remove the troops until Lindsey Graham warns him not to.
I don't know who got to him, but I think somebody certainly did.

With every bomb we drop.

NO. We don''t intentionally target children. Hang out in airport with you parents spitting on troops returning from Vietnam as a kid? Shameful assertion. Beneath you.

You never disputed my point. If you are dropping bombs on communities you know you are dropping bombs on kids. We drop bombs because we know that if we actually sent in troops many would get killed and then people would start paying attention.

Sadly we accept when it's other people's kids getting killed.

We are all being played.

Can I provide a link? No, but Trump knows that if he started to pull out that the (R)'s would turn on him on the impeachment.

You never disputed my point. If you are dropping bombs on communities you know you are dropping bombs on kids. We drop bombs because we know that if we actually sent in troops many would get killed and then people would start paying attention.

Big difference in intent. We Do Not Target Kids, period. Air mission planning time, cruise missile flight times, sometimes change effect, but They Are Not Deliberately Targeted in mission planning, Ever.

With every bomb we drop.

If you can prove that a returning Vietnam soldier was spit on you would be the first one to do so. Repeating a lie often enough doesn`t make it the truth. No newspaper reports, no video, no hospital or doctor reports, no police reports of a disturbance involving returning vets, no nothing. Which war protester didn`t have a friend, relative or a loved one in Vietnam? There are lies and there are really stupid lies and that`s one of them.

Big difference in intent. We Do Not Target Kids, period. Air mission planning time, cruise missile flight times, sometimes change effect, but They Are Not Deliberately Targeted in mission planning, Ever.

We can say we do not "intend" to kill kids but we know the end result is the same. We can't even explain why we do it.

We are all being played.

Can I provide a link? No, but Trump knows that if he started to pull out that the (R)'s would turn on him on the impeachment.
Am familiar with military planning at and above battle planning. On your second assertion, he could sell anything to his cult, with the smallest tweet. They mostly care about the economy, returns on investment, and pissing of the left just to piss off the left. Again, he can stray from the last with the smallest tweet and they will not only submit, but sing higher praises, this time supporting his humanity and wisdom.

We are all being played.

Am familiar with military planning at and above battle planning. On your second assertion, he could sell anything to his cult, with the smallest tweet. They mostly care about the economy, returns on investment, and pissing of the left just to piss off the left. Again, he can stray from the last with the smallest tweet and they will not only submit, but sing higher praises, this time supporting his humanity and wisdom.

We see how his cult is (which I believe a proper term). He says he is removing the troops and they cheer. He says he is leaving them and they cheer.

None of that affects how the Senate votes on impeachment.

If you can prove that a returning Vietnam soldier was spit on you would be the first one to do so. Repeating a lie often enough doesn`t make it the truth. No newspaper reports, no video, no hospital or doctor reports, no police reports of a disturbance involving returning vets, no nothing. Which war protester didn`t have a friend, relative or a loved one in Vietnam? There are lies and there are really stupid lies and that`s one of them.
Interesting. Did just a quick image search figuring on a news picture, nothing. Did likewise for signs saying baby killer, nothing. My own brother spoke of protesters, but no spitting or baby killer signs. Does this mean I saw "First Blood" to many times? Many unexamined truths and myths out there. Thanks for directing me to take one out of the attic and look at it. Grew up during the time period, memory says it should be there, but did not see a single example on search.

We can say we do not "intend" to kill kids but we know the end result is the same. We can't even explain why we do it.
All you will get from me is that I was against going after Saddam as a benefit to America and against staying there on a wrongly started, failed quest.

Interesting. Did just a quick image search figuring on a news picture, nothing. Did likewise for signs saying baby killer, nothing. My own brother spoke of protesters, but no spitting or baby killer signs. Does this mean I saw "First Blood" to many times? Many unexamined truths and myths out there. Thanks for directing me to take one out of the attic and look at it. Grew up during the time period, memory says it should be there, but did not see a single example on search.

to-two-too

Learn the difference please!

We see how his cult is (which I believe a proper term). He says he is removing the troops and they cheer. He says he is leaving them and they cheer.

None of that affects how the Senate votes on impeachment.
Which of course is not topic of the thread.

This issue caught the attention of Holy Cross professor Jeremy Lembcke who returned from the war and joined the Viet Vets Against the War group. Mr. Lembcke wrote a book about his experience when searching for proof of these stories. A good call on Rambo. No one claimed to be spit on until they heard Stallone grunt those words "they spit on me".
The Spitting Image

Forum List

Back