Hundreds of Military Families Will Be Displaced During Christmas Due to Moldy, Decrepit Homes

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
US-Military-Families-Displaced-640x480.png

The Military Housing Privatization Initiative was authorized by Congress in 1996 and good ole Bubba signed it into law.

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy said the Army has tracked the displacement of 2,265 families overall. The other services did not provide numbers, although Air Force Secretary Barbara Barrett testified that last week she met families at Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi who had been displaced from their privatized homes as many as four times in recent years.

The reports also revealed serious health issues suffered by military families living in these homes, including neurological damage and severe pulmonary and respiratory conditions. Breitbart News reported earlier this year on one family whose children suffered serious respiratory issues after living in a moldy home at the MacDill Air Force Base in Florida.

We have children with brain damage and brain cancer, anaphylaxis and long-term forever reactions. When their family gets out of the military, it doesn’t just magically go away…it will last forever for families,” said Amanda Brewer, a Navy spouse at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, who attended Tuesday’s hearing.

At the core of the problem is a decision by the military to hand over its stock of nearly 300,000 homes to private contractors in the 1990s with the intention of improving military base housing and saving taxpayers billions of dollars in repairs. Contractors were supposed to foot the repair bills and in turn get a steady flow of government dollars from 50-year leases.

And the cheapie private contractors cut corners and didn’t bother to do the stuff it takes to keep them livable. And incentive fees go straight to the contractors instead of improving the military homes. Or bad ones continue to get contracts.

Billions upon billions for bullets and bombs but nothing serious for the men and women who serve and their families.

More of this disgusting story @ Hundreds of Military Families to Be Displaced on Christmas Due to Mold

So just give every family a larger VHA allowance... so they can rent a nicer place.

This is on-base housing for the eligible. After being told to move out, they receive VHA and find places off-base to live.

BUT THEY'VE HAD TO LEAVE ALL THEIR BELONGINGS BEHIND IN THE CONDEMNED QUARTERS.

Just a comment and only a comment on the dreaded MOLD . I just think that mold in housing is a BS Scam that has only been touted for the last 30 - 40 years . Its sorta like 'ptsd' that all returnees , divorced women , so called abused women Claim . I grew up in rental housing for my first 15 years 55 years ago same as most of my friends and there was never any outcry from friends or newspapers or Doctors about the Dreaded Mold in housing . If mold ever did appear MOM would get her buckets , rags and bleach and clean it all up . ------------------- just a comment .

There is a time and place for sub contracting.

Shit like this, is not it.

I was in Navy Housing in the '70s and it was never what you would call a palace.

Asbestos everywhere, leaking pipes make moldy plasterboard. New England winters are rough on clap board houses.

This is on-base housing for the eligible. After being told to move out, they receive VHA and find places off-base to live.

BUT THEY'VE HAD TO LEAVE ALL THEIR BELONGINGS BEHIND IN THE CONDEMNED QUARTERS.

Wow, sounds like Trump isn't taking care of service members... how can that be?
Retard blaming Trump for something going on for 30 years.

It seems that"hundreds of Military families" will be transferred to better housing under the Trump administration that takes better care of the Military than any other administration but some blog sites would rather use a negative term of "displacement". WTF?

Last edited:
Just a comment and only a comment on the dreaded MOLD . I just think that mold in housing is a BS Scam that has only been touted for the last 30 - 40 years . Its sorta like 'ptsd' that all returnees , divorced women , so called abused women Claim . I grew up in rental housing for my first 15 years 55 years ago same as most of my friends and there was never any outcry from friends or newspapers or Doctors about the Dreaded Mold in housing . If mold ever did appear MOM would get her buckets , rags and bleach and clean it all up . ------------------- just a comment .
Black Mold embeds itself into the wood..............and even after cleaning it......it is still there and still emits mold spores even though you can't see it.............It is common with water damage and common with flooding.........Also in humid areas where the AC doesn't get rid of the humidity correctly in the house.

It is a health hazard and common problem in housing.

Black Mold embeds itself into the wood..............and even after cleaning it......it is still there and still emits mold spores even though you can't see it.............It is common with water damage and common with flooding.........Also in humid areas where the AC doesn't get rid of the humidity correctly in the house.

It is a health hazard and common problem in housing.
------------------------------------------- not in my experience and yes , I do know that what you just quoted is what the mold eradication industry says Eagle .

The Military Housing Privatization Initiative was authorized by Congress in 1996 and good ole Bubba signed it into law.

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy said the Army has tracked the displacement of 2,265 families overall. The other services did not provide numbers, although Air Force Secretary Barbara Barrett testified that last week she met families at Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi who had been displaced from their privatized homes as many as four times in recent years.

The reports also revealed serious health issues suffered by military families living in these homes, including neurological damage and severe pulmonary and respiratory conditions. Breitbart News reported earlier this year on one family whose children suffered serious respiratory issues after living in a moldy home at the MacDill Air Force Base in Florida.

We have children with brain damage and brain cancer, anaphylaxis and long-term forever reactions. When their family gets out of the military, it doesn’t just magically go away…it will last forever for families,” said Amanda Brewer, a Navy spouse at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, who attended Tuesday’s hearing.

At the core of the problem is a decision by the military to hand over its stock of nearly 300,000 homes to private contractors in the 1990s with the intention of improving military base housing and saving taxpayers billions of dollars in repairs. Contractors were supposed to foot the repair bills and in turn get a steady flow of government dollars from 50-year leases.

And the cheapie private contractors cut corners and didn’t bother to do the stuff it takes to keep them livable. And incentive fees go straight to the contractors instead of improving the military homes. Or bad ones continue to get contracts.

Billions upon billions for bullets and bombs but nothing serious for the men and women who serve and their families.

More of this disgusting story @ Hundreds of Military Families to Be Displaced on Christmas Due to Mold
So why, again, are we taking money from the military to build a wall?

WALL is more important than housing for military and their hanger on families that should be at home keeping their PRIVATE Homes and apartments secure awaiting return of their soldiers Coyote .

So why, again, are we taking money from the military to build a wall?
We are NOT taking money from housing you deceitful HAG.

Forum List

Back