HR 1105-GOPers' $269 Billion handout to Millionaires

In the brothel that is also known as the US Congress, there comes a time when the "whores" need to pay off their "pimps".........

Republicans Push 269 Billion Handout For Millionaire Heirs And Heiresses

House Republicans this week will vote to hand the heirs and heiresses of America's largest fortunes a $269 billion tax break by repealing the federal inheritance tax.

The legislation would shield the very richest families from taxes on the fortunes they inherit. After years of GOP attacks on the inheritance tax, also known as the estate tax, only a few thousand of the wealthiest families are subjected to it -- 4,700 total in 2013, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. Only individual fortunes worth over $5.43 million can be taxed under current law, an amount that doubles to $10.86 million for wealthy couples. The Republican proposal would eliminate all of these estates -- which are over 15,700 percent richer than the median American household -- from taxation.
It warms the cockles of my heart to see the Republicans showing so much care and concern over a small minority. It's so out of character. After all, they are all about rugged individualism and pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps (at least when it involves us commoners). I suppose it is a kind of affirmative action for the Paris Hiltons of the world.

Too bored to answer my point?

I misplaced my Moron-to-English dictionary, so I could not decipher whatever crap you were spewing (can you get a grown up to help you write?)....LOL

In the brothel that is also known as the US Congress, there comes a time when the "whores" need to pay off their "pimps".........

House Republicans this week will vote to hand the heirs and heiresses of America's largest fortunes a $269 billion tax break by repealing the federal inheritance tax.

The legislation would shield the very richest families from taxes on the fortunes they inherit. After years of GOP attacks on the inheritance tax, also known as the estate tax, only a few thousand of the wealthiest families are subjected to it -- 4,700 total in 2013, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. Only individual fortunes worth over $5.43 million can be taxed under current law, an amount that doubles to $10.86 million for wealthy couples. The Republican proposal would eliminate all of these estates -- which are over 15,700 percent richer than the median American household -- from taxation.
It warms the cockles of my heart to see the Republicans showing so much care and concern over a small minority. It's so out of character. After all, they are all about rugged individualism and pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps (at least when it involves us commoners). I suppose it is a kind of affirmative action for the Paris Hiltons of the world.
5million dollar businesses are everywhere

warms the cockles of my heart to see the Republicans showing so much care and concern over a small minority. It's so out of character. After all, they are all about rugged individualism and pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps (at least when it involves us commoners). I suppose it is a kind of affirmative action for the Paris Hiltons of the world.

Since NONE of the right wingers on here even remotely will benefit from how republicans in congress are repaying their rich bribers...one has to wonder WHY they will also back some legislation that only benefits people who probably don't even need the money (its all about these rich folks telling other rich folks at parties how much power they have in DC.)

warms the cockles of my heart to see the Republicans showing so much care and concern over a small minority. It's so out of character. After all, they are all about rugged individualism and pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps (at least when it involves us commoners). I suppose it is a kind of affirmative action for the Paris Hiltons of the world.

Since NONE of the right wingers on here even remotely will benefit from how republicans in congress are repaying their rich bribers...one has to wonder WHY they will also back some legislation that only benefits people who probably don't even need the money (its all about these rich folks telling other rich folks at parties how much power they have in DC.)
Never mind if you boogeyman(the evil rich) needs the tax break.
What right does the government have to a percentage of my dad's widget factory?

The same right that it has to have charged me 25% of my income...which I paid as my responsibility for having enjoyed and benefited from what this country has to offer......Its part of the social contract which the rich folks bribe congress to break.....they think its beneath them to have to pay like the commoners.

The same right that it has to have charged me 25% of my income...which I paid as my responsibility for having enjoyed and benefited from what this country has to offer......Its part of the social contract which the rich folks bribe congress to break.....they think its beneath them to have to pay like the commoners.
He's fu king DEAD.
Why does the government get to pocket a million bucks when SS only gives me $250 for his death.
That is the biggest fault you Dembulbs have. You think our government deserves more than its own citizens

That is the biggest fault you Dembulbs have. You think our government deserves more than its own citizens

Unwittingly, you hit upon a truth (miracle of all miracles) YES, the sum is greater than any or even all of its part......If one manage to escape proper taxation during one's lifetime.....then even rom a casket you should own up.

Unwittingly, you hit upon a truth (miracle of all miracles) YES, the sum is greater than any or even all of its part......If one manage to escape proper taxation during one's lifetime.....then even rom a casket you should own up.
No.
Our government was built to be of the people and for the PEOPLE. NOT for itself at the expense of its people

No.
Our government was built to be of the people and for the PEOPLE. NOT for itself at the expense of its people

Well, take that up with the right wingers who control congress and the budget. I paid my fair share today.....so should everyone else who can.

No.

Well, take that up with the right wingers who control congress and the budget. I paid my fair share today.....so should everyone else who can.
I have.
That's why they're repealing the estate tax. The dead guy already paid his share of taxes, too

the upper crusters ( 1million+$ a year ) pay around 70% of taxes collected on income . They pay the greatest percent of tax because they make the greatest percent of income... TRUE ! but, duuuurrrrrr.

Those same people are not without tax deductions either. The RW seem to believe they are beat to death by the tax code. That's a bullshit talking point that supports trickle down economics. So enter cpa's and personal accountants to juggle their $$. At the end of the year the 70% tax before deductions gets whittled down to 28-30% without much problem. Average John pay the normal 25% and calls it a year. Big earners take big deductions PERIOD. Anyone who believes otherwise is an idiot.

so please, carry on with all the bla bla bla bullshit while the middle class eventually pays close to the same amount as the big earners pay.

Wow, wealth envy sure is an ugly thing.

Increase the taxes on the rich pigs.

IMO 70% is plenty to take deductions out of, fair deductions. $75,000 for 1 horse is a little much, Romney didn't think so. Think about the kid with a stable full of polo ponies traveling the country on dad's dime.

Easy Trigger.

Forum List

Back