Modern conservatives sympathizing with The Confederacy... Is this a thing now?

-S-

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2015
I've seen at least three conservatives on this site talk about how Lincoln and the Union were wrong, and that the Confederacy should have been allowed to secede the way they did, and were on the right side of history..

Is this a popular stance among conservatives of today? Are they really pro-Confederacy when they look back on the Civil War? Or are there just a couple crazies here and there?

(This thread may also help the 'Gay Marriage' thread from being further derailed with Civil War arguments. Figured it was worth a shot haha)

Earlier, one of our really despicable racists went so far as to say Booth was a hero for assassinating Lincoln. Odious or whatever his name is. He's an ignorant jackass.

Some of these dummies still hold on to confederate money rather than invest in the US or their own future.

All in all, not a very smart lot.

They simply cannot justify slavery though for it is morally, ethically, and legally wrong and always has been.

So, because you saw a couple people say something you are wondering if that's how all "conservatives" think. well just wow

the not so Modern liberal, Bill Maher called a Republican woman candidate a cxxt. so I assume that is that how all liberals think of women in this country

I've seen at least three conservatives on this site talk about how Lincoln and the Union were wrong, and that the Confederacy should have been allowed to secede the way they did, and were on the right side of history..

Is this a popular stance among conservatives of today?

NO. It's just a few mental defectives here.

They simply cannot justify slavery though for it is morally, ethically, and legally wrong and always has been.

The democrats sure did try hard to justify it, and exhibit many of the same tendencies today.

Last edited:
Why the hell would the opinions on the history forum qualify as a post on the political forum. Are lefties so plumb out of ideas and opinions that they have to bring up the freaking Confederacy to make a political point?

Earlier, one of our really despicable racists went so far as to say Booth was a hero for assassinating Lincoln. Odious or whatever his name is. He's an ignorant jackass.

Some of these dummies still hold on to confederate money rather than invest in the US or their own future.

All in all, not a very smart lot.

So if someone thinks States have the right to secede from the union, that means they think the reasons any State ever wanted to secede from the union were just.

Hmm

And you talk about other people not being "smart?"

Hmm

Carry on, simpleton

So the belief that States can secede from the union now means we believe in slavery.

Um...OK?

Have you ever been tested to see if you have an IQ?

They've sympathized with the confederacy for a long time. Go down south and count how many confederate flags you see.

I have lived in the South a long time and I have hardly seen any Confederate flags ever. Liberal New England liberal racists just see what you want to see, don't you?

BTW, fiscal conservatives fled the Democratic party. The racists are still solidly with you, Adolph. Or should I say Grand Wizard? Whichever you prefer

So, because you saw a couple people say something you are wondering if that's how all "conservatives" think. well just wow

the not so Modern liberal, Bill Maher called a Republican woman candidate a cxxt. so I assume that is that how all liberals think of women in this country
Stephanie...can we have the fun of calling YOU out everytime you pick up the broad brush?00

The Lost Causers have been around awhile, but they're a small minority of modern Conservatives.

Don't forget libertarians, 1% strong ... and growing!

Out of curiosity, should the lost causers who opposed slavery for 200 years have given up the fight as the hopeless cause that it was?

Stephanie...can we have the fun of calling YOU out everytime you pick up the broad brush?00

Wow, that's embarrassing. You completely didn't understand what Steph said. And you just posted your complete lack of grasp. I realize to collectivist leftists who don't have a brain between you it doesn't matter, you all jerk each other off. But wow, to anyone who actually has reading comprehension and a critical mind, you just made yourself look ... seriously stupid.

Certainly not all women. Just the *****.

So the belief that States can secede from the union now means we believe in slavery.

Um...OK?

Have you ever been tested to see if you have an IQ?
Have you read the secession papers? Every last one of them stated slavery as the reason for secession.

Forum List

Back