How Will You Vote in the Future?

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
I personally will NEVER vote for a candidate that takes campaign contributions from the NRA. I'm not for taking everyone's guns, but I do however think as a civilized society we shouldn't be the Wild West. I find it astonishing that the same Conservatives that are for limited federal government, and having as few federal gun laws as possible, suddenly find that the solution to school shootings is getting the federal government MORE involved in making schools as secure as prisons.

As long as politicians are bought and paid for with NRA money, they will not look to pass laws and fund programs to solve this crisis we are currently having.

I personally will NEVER vote for a candidate that takes campaign contributions from the NRA. I'm not for taking everyone's guns, but I do however think as a civilized society we shouldn't be the Wild West. I find it astonishing that the same Conservatives that are for limited federal government, and having as few federal gun laws as possible, suddenly find that the solution to school shootings is getting the federal government MORE involved in making schools as secure as prisons.

As long as politicians are bought and paid for with NRA money, they will not look to pass laws and fund programs to solve this crisis we are currently having.
The USA already IS the Wild West.

You can bury your head in the sand if you want.

But don't interfere with someone else's life and rights.

Yes, yes. Of course, for the organization solely dedicated to upholding the US constitution, particularly its 2nd amendment it's completely unnacceptable to contribute.

However, all these guys who I don't know exactly which part of the constitution they are trying to protect, it's completely OK to lobby all the politicians in the world:

totalcontributions1000.jpg

I am sure that they have the best interests of us all at heart. The NRA voluntarily paid for by Americans who want to uphold the country's constitution however, is the big problem here, which is why you can see it at the very top of the list.

The USA already IS the Wild West.

You can bury your head in the sand if you want.

But don't interfere with someone else's life and rights.

Let me quote someone smarter and filled with more wisdom than you:

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man’s nose begins." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., former Associate Justice of the Supreme Court

No laws or Federal funding is needed.
Local school boards are responsible for the security of their schools.

I vow to remain eternally hostile to anyone who seeks to undermine the 2nd Amendment.

That means never voting democrook.

One requirement for my vote is that the candidate has a good relationship with the NRA.

Yes, yes. Of course, for the organization solely dedicated to upholding the US constitution, particularly its 2nd amendment it's completely unnacceptable to contribute.

However, all these guys who I don't know exactly which part of the constitution they are trying to protect, it's completely OK to lobby all the politicians in the world:

totalcontributions1000.jpg

I am sure that they have the best interests of us all at heart. The NRA voluntarily paid for by Americans who want to uphold the country's constitution however, is the big problem here, which is why you can see it at the very top of the list.
The problem is that the GOP since the 1880's has deliberately been supporting the richest men in the US and has made laws favoring their existence. The Founding Fathers never did trust wealthy people and big corporations because they had seen how the govt. of England was taken over and run by the rich and wealthy, which is what they didn't want..If you really are a constitutionalist you would support taking away the personage status of corporations and their influence peddling on our govt.

I already knew the argument this post would get... it's the one the NRA peddles to all its supporters. Any new laws are automatically twisted to mean "THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE ALL YOUR GUNS!"

No... most people are not at all saying that, but that's what it gets twisted into. MOST people are only about sensible gun laws.

The problem is that the GOP since the 1880's has deliberately been supporting the richest men in the US and has made laws favoring their existence. The Founding Fathers never did trust wealthy people and big corporations because they had seen how the govt. of England was taken over and run by the rich and wealthy, which is what they didn't want..If you really are a constitutionalist you would support taking away the personage status of corporations and their influence peddling on our govt.

Many of the Founders were wealthy men, and many lost their fortunes in support of the revolution.

I already knew the argument this post would get... it's the one the NRA peddles to all its supporters. Any new laws are automatically twisted to mean "THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE ALL YOUR GUNS!"

No... most people are not at all saying that, but that's what it gets twisted into. MOST people are only about sensible gun laws.

"Sensible" is a relative term.

"Shall not be infringed" means precisely what it says, nothing more, nothing less.

Many of the Founders were wealthy men, and many lost their fortunes in support of the revolution.
And?

And?

And your bash against wealthy people running things crashes and burns. Or perhaps you'd prefer Homeless Herb down at the corner running the Treasury?

"Shall not be infringed" means precisely what it says, nothing more, nothing less.

And all the kids who have been shot and killed didn't have the right to live?

And all the kids who have been shot and killed didn't have the right to live?

My guns have killed no one.

I pay attention to where a candidate's money comes from. But the NRA is not even close to a deal breaker. Big Pharm? Deal breaker. Big Oil? Nope.

Liberals always need a boogieman to blame otherwise they would never win an election. Trump says here are my solutions, here's what I propose we do, vote for me. Liberals say vote for us because (fill in the blank) is a boogieman.

It's not like your grand declaration of moral indignation matters anyway, you already were a leftist Democrat.

No such moral indignity over Democrats supporting violence over free speech, huh?

Forum List

Back