Texas lieutenant governor slammed for suggesting reducing school entrances to prevent shootings

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick suggests reducing school entrances to prevent shootings

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick on Friday suggested schools should have fewer entrances in order to prevent mass shootings.

Once again the Left Wingers are idiots. A secure school should have IDs, Security guards, and limited entry points. A lot of institutions and businesses use ID scanners to open doors.

For once I can agree with you. My son's school has one entrance that all the students go through. It is not that big of a deal. The building I work in is the same way.

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick suggests reducing school entrances to prevent shootings

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick on Friday suggested schools should have fewer entrances in order to prevent mass shootings.

Once again the Left Wingers are idiots. A secure school should have IDs, Security guards, and limited entry points. A lot of institutions and businesses use ID scanners to open doors.

The Left will oppose any changes as inadequate or unfair. They have one remedy in mind, and one only.

It make sense, so it is a horrible idea!

I remember at Lockport, IL. you went through a control door, the Dean would be there with security and if you came in with improper clothing you were rejected and sent home, and that was back in the 1900's and not the 2000's.

So if it worked back then, well why not now?

Simple, school shootings help with the agenda of getting the Second Amendment repealed, well they believe but in the end not so radical minds will realize control entrances, id's and security will do more to prevent deaths than everything gun haters want to do!

The idea of a single entrance was not what was being mocked or angering people. It was a suggestion to do to little to late. People are angary that nothing of any substance has been done by politicians a legislators as the number of school shootings increase. Why didn't the Lt. Gov. make this recommendation and push for legislation to implement it a year ago or six months ago?

For once I can agree with you. My son's school has one entrance that all the students go through. It is not that big of a deal. The building I work in is the same way.
/---/ My wife teaches at a Catholic middle school ( we used to call them grammar schools) and now they have limited, secured entrances with swipe cards. No guards though.

Of course, because the only sane, humane, enlightened solution is to impose "progressively" tougher gun control laws. No, we can't take common-sense, rational measures like letting some teachers carry guns, allowing willing veterans to provide armed security at schools (some have already volunteered, but have been told no), limiting the number of entrances to a school, assigning one or two policemen to each school during the school day, etc. No, the only solution is gun control. Why, just look at how effective France's draconian gun control laws have been at preventing terrorist attacks in that country.

Last edited:
The idea of a single entrance was not what was being mocked or angering people. It was a suggestion to do to little to late. People are angary that nothing of any substance has been done by politicians a legislators as the number of school shootings increase. Why didn't the Lt. Gov. make this recommendation and push for legislation to implement it a year ago or six months ago?

It is not the responsibility of the Fed or the State. It's the responsibility of local school boards to secure their schools.

I see no problem trying it! It is a cost effective solution. Not one that will prevent every shooting but is certainly a move in the right direction. An accumulation of small imrpovements from mutiple angle is what it will take eventialy to beat this issue!

Forum List

Back