How Will You Vote in the Future?

I personally will NEVER vote for a candidate that takes campaign contributions from the NRA. I'm not for taking everyone's guns, but I do however think as a civilized society we shouldn't be the Wild West. I find it astonishing that the same Conservatives that are for limited federal government, and having as few federal gun laws as possible, suddenly find that the solution to school shootings is getting the federal government MORE involved in making schools as secure as prisons.

As long as politicians are bought and paid for with NRA money, they will not look to pass laws and fund programs to solve this crisis we are currently having.

It's not like your grand declaration of moral indignation matters anyway, you already were a leftist Democrat.

No such moral indignity over Democrats supporting violence over free speech, huh?

I'm as much a Democrat as you are honest. I've never voted for a Democrat in a Presidential election, but I will no longer vote for the corrupt paid for politicians who only care about NRA campaign donations.

I personally will NEVER vote for a candidate that takes campaign contributions from the NRA. I'm not for taking everyone's guns, but I do however think as a civilized society we shouldn't be the Wild West. I find it astonishing that the same Conservatives that are for limited federal government, and having as few federal gun laws as possible, suddenly find that the solution to school shootings is getting the federal government MORE involved in making schools as secure as prisons.

As long as politicians are bought and paid for with NRA money, they will not look to pass laws and fund programs to solve this crisis we are currently having.
The USA already IS the Wild West.

You can bury your head in the sand if you want.

But don't interfere with someone else's life and rights.

Let me quote someone smarter and filled with more wisdom than you:

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man’s nose begins." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., former Associate Justice of the Supreme Court

Right, and you're advocating taking away other people's guns and ability to defend themselves. You're the one restricting rights, not yiostheoy. A tip, don't bring up intelligence when you're the one not following along ...

It's not like your grand declaration of moral indignation matters anyway, you already were a leftist Democrat.

No such moral indignity over Democrats supporting violence over free speech, huh?

I'm as much a Democrat as you are honest. I've never voted for a Democrat in a Presidential election, but I will no longer vote for the corrupt paid for politicians who only care about NRA campaign donations.

Then why do you spend all day advocating Democrat policies if you don't vote for them? You're a liar, of course you do

Many of the Founders were wealthy men, and many lost their fortunes in support of the revolution.
That's a popular meme unsupported by the facts.

That's a popular leftist meme unsupported by the facts.

Of the signers of the declaration, 17, almost one in three, lost all their property in the war

If you are so well versed in the history of the framers...

Then how about you go over the part where they wrote the Constitution to be amended to meet the needs of the future? The framers knew the future held instances they could never imagine, and that the Constitution needed to include the ability to change with the times... and that includes the Second Amendment.

The problem is that the GOP since the 1880's has deliberately been supporting the richest men in the US and has made laws favoring their existence

Better than you claiming to care about poor people then advocating endless importation of poor people to take their jobs.

If the poor in this country ever grasp what leftists are doing to them, you're toast

I will personally never vote again, most likely. Haven’t bothered since the 2012 Republican primary, and don’t expect to see a candidate worth supporting again in my lifetime.

Then why do you spend all day advocating Democrat policies if you don't vote for them? You're a liar, of course you do

Because I don't? Why are you so fucking dishonest? I can think for myself and have opinions that don't always align with either party. I'm sorry you can't think for yourself and have to let the rich politicians to tell you what to think.

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man’s nose begins." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., former Associate Justice of the Supreme Court

Right, and you're advocating taking away other people's guns and ability to defend themselves. You're the one restricting rights, not yiostheoy. A tip, don't bring up intelligence when you're the one not following along ...

You can't read. At no point whatsoever did I advocate taking away everyone's guns. In fact I clearly stated the exact opposite.

That is quite the piss poor attempt at a strawman.

The problem is that the GOP since the 1880's has deliberately been supporting the richest men in the US and has made laws favoring their existence. The Founding Fathers never did trust wealthy people and big corporations because they had seen how the govt. of England was taken over and run by the rich and wealthy, which is what they didn't want..If you really are a constitutionalist you would support taking away the personage status of corporations and their influence peddling on our govt.

Many of the Founders were wealthy men, and many lost their fortunes in support of the revolution.
And?

And your bash against wealthy people running things crashes and burns. Or perhaps you'd prefer Homeless Herb down at the corner running the Treasury?
Before I post the truth you refuse to accept, go fuck yerself dickhead.
A couple months ago the Supreme Court ruled that restricting corporate political spending amounted to restricting free speech. In this view, corporations are pretty much equivalent to people. Would that have seemed reasonable to the Founding Fathers?

In a word, no.

I read this opinion carefully — I’m trained as a historian, not a lawyer. Chief Justice Roberts lays out an ideologically pure view of corporations as associations of citizens — leveling differences between companies, schools and other groups. So in his view Boeing is no different from Harvard, which is no different from the NAACP, or Citizens United, or my local neighborhood civic association. It’s lovely prose, but as a matter of history the majority is simply wrong.

Let me put it this way: the Founders did not confuse Boston’s Sons of Liberty with the British East India Company. They could distinguish among different varieties of association — and they understood that corporate personhood was a legal fiction that was limited to a courtroom. It wasn’t literal. Corporations could not vote or hold office. They held property, and to enable a shifting group of shareholders to hold that property over time and to sue and be sued in court, they were granted this fictive personhood in a limited legal context.
What the Founding Fathers Really Thought About Corporations

What makes you look bad is I can party and still retain knowledge from practically everything I have read or seen in the last fifty years, and you have not that ability...I also am on the Dean's list at colleges I have attended and received honors from military electronic and electrical schools for being in the top ten percentile..I have over a half a dozen trades and three degrees...Eat my dust....Don't be bitter, just be better.

Of the signers of the declaration, 17, almost one in three, lost all their property in the war

Then how about you go over the part where they wrote the Constitution to be amended to meet the needs of the future? The framers knew the future held instances they could never imagine, and that the Constitution needed to include the ability to change with the times... and that includes the Second Amendment.

You're just babbling nonsense. Nowhere did I say that idiot leftists don't have the right to propose amending the Constitution. I said you don't have the right to ignore it. Change it or follow it. Where do you get this crap that I said the Constitution can't be amended? I never said that, ever

1. I will not vote for any candidate who takes money from the NRA

2. I will vote for (almost) any candidate who wishes to hamstring Cadet Bone Spurs

3. Once the Imperial Cheeto is gone, I will return to a more balanced voting stance

You're just babbling nonsense. Nowhere did I say that idiot leftists don't have the right to propose amending the Constitution. I said you don't have the right to ignore it. Change it or follow it. Where do you get this crap that I said the Constitution can't be amended? I never said that, ever

Questioning my intelligence and saying I'm babbling while you spout total dishonest bullshit. Can you point to any post in this thread that explains what sensible laws I support? You know... point to the post where I said I supported taking everyone's guns? Go ahead.

You can't read. At no point whatsoever did I advocate taking away everyone's guns. In fact I clearly stated the exact opposite.

Of course you do. You vote for Democrats who are relentlessly working to ban them and you're advocating destruction of the only organization working diligently to protect our gun rights because the Republican party sure the fuck isn't.

If I tell you I'm an environmentalist while I dump my trash in the woods, my actions speak to what I am, not my words

Questioning my intelligence and saying I'm babbling while you spout total dishonest bullshit. Can you point to any post in this thread that explains what sensible laws I support? You know... point to the post where I said I supported taking everyone's guns? Go ahead.

The OP where you said you'll never vote for anyone supported by the only significant defender of the 2nd amendment

Of course you do. You vote for Democrats who are relentlessly working to ban them and you're advocating destruction of the only organization working diligently to protect our gun rights because the Republican party sure the fuck isn't.

If I tell you I'm an environmentalist while I dump my trash in the woods, my actions speak to what I am, not my words

It's always nice to have an argument with you because you expose your dishonesty more and more every time. You can't stay on topic and attack me with made up lies to fit your agenda.

I'm Pro-life... which is most definitely not a leftist viewpoint. I don't give a flying fuck what you say your political affiliation is, because I already know every word that comes out of you is a lie, and that's all I need to know.

The OP where you said you'll never vote for anyone supported by the only significant defender of the 2nd amendment

There are lots of people that support the Second Amendment other than the NRA.

And now you just added another logical fallacy. Non Sequitur. You've hit the hat trick now. Personal attack, strawman, and now non sequitur. Should you go for the golden sombrero?

There are lots of people that support the Second Amendment other than the NRA.

And now you just added another logical fallacy. Non Sequitur. You've hit the hat trick now. Personal attack, strawman, and now non sequitur. Should you go for the golden sombrero?
Correct. The NRA are the gun rights moderates.

Yes, yes. Of course, for the organization solely dedicated to upholding the US constitution, particularly its 2nd amendment it's completely unnacceptable to contribute.

However, all these guys who I don't know exactly which part of the constitution they are trying to protect, it's completely OK to lobby all the politicians in the world:

totalcontributions1000.jpg

I am sure that they have the best interests of us all at heart. The NRA voluntarily paid for by Americans who want to uphold the country's constitution however, is the big problem here, which is why you can see it at the very top of the list.
The problem is that the GOP since the 1880's has deliberately been supporting the richest men in the US and has made laws favoring their existence. The Founding Fathers never did trust wealthy people and big corporations because they had seen how the govt. of England was taken over and run by the rich and wealthy, which is what they didn't want..If you really are a constitutionalist you would support taking away the personage status of corporations and their influence peddling on our govt.
I read that one of our gubernatorial candidates (Betsy Sweet) is running under the Clean Elections rules, not accepting big money donations, or from PACS, etc. So she's going to lose, won't even make it through the primaries. Watch. They ALL need to be running that way.

So, amend it.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back