How Will Christians React if Jesus Never Comes?

In light of the other thread, I find this an interesting question, as well. I'm a prolific reader of science fiction, and several authors have dealt with this question: How long will believers wait before losing faith?

It's been 2,000 years. At what point do you believe that Christianity will lose faith in Christ's return? Never? In 1,000 more years? In 5,000 more years? What impact does the non-returning of Christ have on the belief system?

After all, it's been predicted hundreds of times, to no avail. Would we have any reason to believe that it actually will occur?

His return is unknown as to time and place. Someone will believe forever if it never happens.

Not a diss, just a question.

PS I don't blindly support our troops in bogus wars. It's just as patriotic to be against all the killing we're doing for oil and other douche reasons.

You can believe what you want to, makes no matter to me. But my son loves the Army life, he's training with special forces now because he CARES about our country. And i thank God every day that Chris loves the Lord with all his heart...God has protected Chris several times when we could have lost him. I don't care what you think of the war, any war, but to not support our troops who are doing the best job they can and risking their lives just makes me sick.

Fighting bogus wars is nothing to be proud of. And if he loves the army life, he's either got no other prospects in life, or he's gay.

I won't say to you what i'd like to say right now....I'm going to have to ask the Lord for forgiveness just for what i'm thinking!

He is coming back. Its just a matter of faith.

We should not put to much emphasis on when.

Live you life like he is coming back the next minute.

Praise and glorify his name continually.

Continue to honor the Father by praising the name of the Son and look to the Holy Spirit for comfort.

Hey Monnagonna whats up with the neg rep on the above post?

Did it hurt you feeling in some way?

Is this how you intelegently debat a topic?

Last edited:
He is coming back. Its just a matter of faith.

We should not put to much emphasis on when.

Live you life like he is coming back the next minute.

Praise and glorify his name continually.

Continue to honor the Father by praising the name of the Son and look to the Holy Spirit for comfort.

Hey Monnagonna whats up with the neg rep on the above post?

Did it hurt you feeling in some way?

Is this how you intelegently debat a topic?

I just thought it was a very negative thing to say for someone who thinks themselves as at least somewhat intelligent I'm guessing. Living your life according to something that's not going to happen is foolish. You might as well pray to aliens because at least they have an infinitessimal chance of landing on earth.

You can believe what you want to, makes no matter to me. But my son loves the Army life, he's training with special forces now because he CARES about our country. And i thank God every day that Chris loves the Lord with all his heart...God has protected Chris several times when we could have lost him. I don't care what you think of the war, any war, but to not support our troops who are doing the best job they can and risking their lives just makes me sick.

Fighting bogus wars is nothing to be proud of. And if he loves the army life, he's either got no other prospects in life, or he's gay.

And now you are dissin. Wasn't hard to guess it was coming. It's a mighty high horse you are riding looking down on others.

Again, not a diss but a realistic look at what's up with the army. Do you really think that aside from the Tillman dude (who was nuts), anyone who's got real prospects in life doesn't go in the army to be paid peanuts and get shot at by their self-made enemies and yelled at by their superiors? And gays like the close contact to all the other guys. As for the lesbians, the army is totally butch so they love it. And btw, I have absolutely nothing against gays, they should be able to marry and whatever...

And now you are dissin. Wasn't hard to guess it was coming. It's a mighty high horse you are riding looking down on others.

Again, not a diss but a realistic look at what's up with the army. Do you really think that aside from the Tillman dude (who was nuts), anyone who's got real prospects in life doesn't go in the army to be paid peanuts and get shot at by their self-made enemies and yelled at by their superiors? And gays like the close contact to all the other guys. As for the lesbians, the army is totally butch so they love it. And btw, I have absolutely nothing against gays, they should be able to marry and whatever...

I'm just glad that most people i meet, or know of, don't think the same way you do. But it's your right to think and say what you want....and for your information, it's people like my son that has given you that right.

Not a diss, just a question.

PS I don't blindly support our troops in bogus wars. It's just as patriotic to be against all the killing we're doing for oil and other douche reasons.

Wow you sound like that crazy Christian group that really is not Christian that hates our troops.

You crazy left are beyond reason.

I'm just glad that most people i meet, or know of, don't think the same way you do. But it's your right to think and say what you want....and for your information, it's people like my son that has given you that right.

I know you like to delude yourself into thinking that your son is protecting my freedom, but he's not, he's actually making it more likely that we'll be attacked. None of the countries that we're at war with right now, Iraq, Afgh, Libya and North Korea ever threatened our freedom, or our country for that matter. Iraq never attacked us, we wanted their oil, Afgh never attacked us, it was Al-Qaeda and invading Afgh is like invading Italy to get at the mafia. Libya never did squat to us and neither did N. Korea.
But keep on thinking that because I know you have to rationalize the fact that your son volunteered to attack countries for no reason. And anyways, we had our freedom long before your son ever joined up, he didn't give me shit either.

Monna has repetitive neg reps coming from me for this thread. Unfortunately, I'm out. But I'll be back.

How Will Christians React if Jesus Never Comes?

I suspect the same way they've been reacting these last few centuries...

In light of the other thread, I find this an interesting question, as well. I'm a prolific reader of science fiction, and several authors have dealt with this question: How long will believers wait before losing faith?

It's been 2,000 years. At what point do you believe that Christianity will lose faith in Christ's return? Never? In 1,000 more years? In 5,000 more years? What impact does the non-returning of Christ have on the belief system?

After all, it's been predicted hundreds of times, to no avail. Would we have any reason to believe that it actually will occur?

Monna has repetitive neg reps coming from me for this thread. Unfortunately, I'm out. But I'll be back.

"I know you like to delude yourself into thinking that your son is protecting my freedom, but he's not, he's actually making it more likely that we'll be attacked. None of the countries that we're at war with right now, Iraq, Afgh, Libya and North Korea ever threatened our freedom, or our country for that matter. Iraq never attacked us, we wanted their oil, Afgh never attacked us, it was Al-Qaeda and invading Afgh is like invading Italy to get at the mafia. Libya never did squat to us and neither did N. Korea.
But keep on thinking that because I know you have to rationalize the fact that your son volunteered to attack countries for no reason. And anyways, we had our freedom long before your son ever joined up, he didn't give me shit either."

What part of this post is not correct? All anyone here ever does is insult, not debate. A lot of people think like me and you folks have no intelligent response except insults and neg rep. Gee, I was sure put in my place!:tongue:

But like seriously, what does attacking afgh and iraq have to do with protecting our freedom? Anything at all?

Last edited:
...and doesn't anyone think that it's douche to enlist in the army when we're in the middle of a bunch of totally bogus and un-ethical wars?

...and doesn't anyone think that it's douche to enlist in the army when we're in the middle of a bunch of totally bogus and un-ethical wars?

It's the economy stupid!

:eusa_whistle:

So it's cool to kill people for no reason because you need a job? Hell, then just line them all up along the Mexican border and shoot all the beaners coming north. It's a war we can win, I know we can!!!!!

It's the economy stupid!

:eusa_whistle:

So it's cool to kill people for no reason because you need a job? Hell, then just line them all up along the Mexican border and shoot all the beaners coming north. It's a war we can win, I know we can!!!!!

racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back