How Will Christians React if Jesus Never Comes?

I would not want to be in some of the posters in this forums shoes when he comes.

Rev 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet like a dead person. But he put his right hand on me and said: Don't be afraid! I am the first, the last,

See even the bible says it has already happened.
That is written in past tense.

Oh no,that was john that was recording the prophecy,he got to see the end in a vision.

While he was in prison right?

I would not want to be in some of the posters in this forums shoes when he comes.

WHy does it please you so much to create a fantasy life in which unbelievers are destroyed? You'd make an interesting psychological study.

What, did an atheist kid push you down on the playground or something?

Yes my neurologist can't believe how sharp i am since the massive stroke.

And that people will think they have more wisdom than believers, and will laugh at believers.

All true.

Scoffers will likely try to kill us all at some point too.

Paranoid much? You should invest in a stockpile of weapons, a large supply of food, and a secure location.

Not very paranoid at all. I just know history. And history repeats itself.

We have been living in a relative paradise considering most of the history of the world. We have had unprecedented peace. We have had unprecedented liberty.

It won't last forever unless we work at it and people are currently not willing to do so.

They already do. The US is still relatively safe...but it won't be for long. Just read stuff that the Christian haters on here write....look at my siggy, or anything Sky Dancer writes...

I don't believe paranoia is helpful to anyone. Non-believers in this country represent around 10% of the population. You still outnumber us about 10 to 1.

No one said it would be tomorrow. However, it's foolish to ignore trends or history.

In light of the other thread, I find this an interesting question, as well. I'm a prolific reader of science fiction, and several authors have dealt with this question: How long will believers wait before losing faith?

It's been 2,000 years. At what point do you believe that Christianity will lose faith in Christ's return? Never? In 1,000 more years? In 5,000 more years? What impact does the non-returning of Christ have on the belief system?

After all, it's been predicted hundreds of times, to no avail. Would we have any reason to believe that it actually will occur?

Well since we will never know when he is supposed to come how will we ever know if he did not come?

And we do not know if he will ever come either.

Or perhaps he did come back and took the 24 back with him that were worthy?

Were we to believe that we would have to ignore the prophecies concerning the Meek inheriting the earth. We would have to ignore the prophecies of the gathering of Israel in the latter day. We would have to ignore the prophecies of the righteous being delivered from the wicked and the establishment of Zion. We would have to ignore the prophecies of the Jews being converted.

I believe that the sun will rise tomorrow. (or rather that the earth will spin until it looks like the sun is rising on the horizen). Are you suggesting that it isn't a fact because I believe it?

Your belief in the sun rising is based upon tangible evidence that can be measured, quantified, viewed, and proven. Your faith in god isn't.

They already do. The US is still relatively safe...but it won't be for long. Just read stuff that the Christian haters on here write....look at my siggy, or anything Sky Dancer writes...

I don't believe paranoia is helpful to anyone. Non-believers in this country represent around 10% of the population. You still outnumber us about 10 to 1.

Seriously, it's not paranoia at all. It is looked at by many as a Biblical Truth, reality as per what Jesus Christ said.

Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Matthew 24 in the whole explains alot, if you like:
Matthew 24 KJV - And Jesus went out and departed from - Bible Gateway

Well it's a direct contradiction of the bible to do so...

Yeppers.

Bible also tells us also there will be false prophets, etc.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

What if he's already been and no-one believed him?
Or, just like last time, only a few did.

Oh no...you know what...it was Glenn Beck...and now he's gone!!!

Oh all the world will know and there will be a great sorrow along with a great rejoicing.
I don't know the timing, or how it will all unfold but when the LORD comes, everyone will KNOW.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.

There will also be people saying He's here when He's not yet as per the verses below. But from the verse above and below - ALL will know when He truly comes.

Matthew 24
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

I understand what the scriptures say, Marie. But from where I'm sitting, it appears to me that secularism is under a considerably greater degree of attack than Christianity is.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/175088-gods-law-is-the-only-law.html

Or at least, while it may feel as if your faith is under attack, YOU ARE WINNING, and you dominate us by an overwhelming degree.

I kinda understand why some may feel they are dominated..I think, kinda.

From a spiritual perspective it is more about praying and hoping for our Lord Jesus Christ to be WINNING SOULS. And it's a huge spiritual battle.

Because yes, you'll see many failing at trying to witness, because we fall short and our pride sometimes gets in the way. We all say things we shouldn't. But don't worry, believe me, we get "pruned" by the Lord big time when we do wrong. The Lord is not slack in His dispcipline and we get humbled big time when we get haughty! :tongue:

As for the recent events in political figures, I'm not sure, but perhaps it's because of recent world events and also Obama has seemingly talked out against Christianity to Christians. So perhaps Christians in political are speaking up more and you are hearing more voices about it for now. I don't know, I'm just learning as I go.

Overall, my belief it is a spiritual battle for souls, (God and His -vs- Satan and his) and we are not fighting against "flesh" as to dominate, but rather spiritually for love and truth and it all centers around our Lord Jesus Christ. I love the verses below, they remind me to keep the "Spiritual Armour" on.

Ephesians 6:10-20
King James Version (KJV)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Forum List

Back