How were eggs laid before chickens were alive?

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
It seems to be about as valid a question as half the shit that's popped up on this board the past couple days. So.....anyone?

They were laid by the chicken's pre-chicken ancestors on the evolutionary tree, of course.

Which also answers the old chicken-egg question: the egg came first.

Belongs in religion. And to answer, God did not create the egg first, he created all the beast of the Earth as they were to be, just as he created Mankind.

The chicken came first. Not the egg.

• Banned
Why in the Hell does this belong in Religion? You're the only one who mentions anything religious. Why can't we discuss, in politics, the bat-shit crazy kinds of arguments that so many people like to throw around in here so often?

Why in the Hell does this belong in Religion? You're the only one who mentions anything religious. Why can't we discuss, in politics, the bat-shit crazy kinds of arguments that so many people like to throw around in here so often?

Well, one could argue that the underlying source of those arguments IS religious. For that matter, the beliefs of conservatives, even when not religious in subject matter, seem to be pretty religious in how they are held: as a doctrine immune to fact or logic.

• Banned

Well, one could argue that the underlying source of those arguments IS religious. For that matter, the beliefs of conservatives, even when not religious in subject matter, seem to be pretty religious in how they are held: as a doctrine immune to fact or logic.

Perhaps. But if I'm talking politics, and someone says "Well that's a religious issue for me" does that suddenly mean that the entire discussion is a sermon?

How were people born before man was created???

Guess those of us who are believers will be able to ask God some day..... sux to be an unbeliever :eusa_whistle:

Seriously though, I dont care. My faith gives me ignorant bliss :cool:

The egg was laid by an animal that was almost but not quite entirely what we know now as a chicken.

The egg came first.

So then, we don't really need chickens in order to have eggs, right? So nature was wrong to evolve the chicken into existence, right? Nature should un-evolve the chicken so that we can have more eggs.

The egg was laid by an animal that was almost but not quite entirely what we know now as a chicken.

The egg came first.

So then, we don't really need chickens in order to have eggs, right? So nature was wrong to evolve the chicken into existence, right? Nature should un-evolve the chicken so that we can have more eggs.

Uh no. Chickens still lay eggs in case you haven't noticed. There is nothing what so ever in evolution that says an organism can't replicate itself.

Uh no. Chickens still lay eggs in case you haven't noticed. There is nothing what so ever in evolution that says an organism can't replicate itself.

Pfft! That's like saying that automobile manufactures continue to produce cars, and that new manufactures continue to start businesses, even after the job killing DMV was created.

Pfft! That's like saying that automobile manufactures continue to produce cars, and that new manufactures continue to start businesses, even after the job killing DMV was created.

:cuckoo:

The egg came first.

You're doing a great job. I think you have the thought processes of many posters on USMB nailed down. Keep it up. :cool:

Forum List

Back