Coburn Report: Bon Jovi,Springsteen,Quincy Jones,Ted Turner Received Fed Funds

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Wealthy celebrities including Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Quincy Jones and Ted Turner have received federal subsidies, according to “Subsidies of the Rich and Famous,” a new report from the office of Oklahoma Republican Senator Tom Coburn.

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) identified several individuals receiving farm payments “whose professions had nothing to do with farming or agricultur[e],” says the report. These individuals include real-estate developer Maurice Wilder, a “part-owner of a professional sports franchise [who] received total of more than $200,000 in farm program payments in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.”

The report also says millionaires Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen and Ted Turner have collected farm subsidies.

Read more: Tom Coburn | Rich and Famous | Federal Funds | The Daily Caller

Wealthy celebrities including Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Quincy Jones and Ted Turner have received federal subsidies, according to “Subsidies of the Rich and Famous,” a new report from the office of Oklahoma Republican Senator Tom Coburn.

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) identified several individuals receiving farm payments “whose professions had nothing to do with farming or agricultur[e],” says the report. These individuals include real-estate developer Maurice Wilder, a “part-owner of a professional sports franchise [who] received total of more than $200,000 in farm program payments in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.”

The report also says millionaires Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen and Ted Turner have collected farm subsidies.

Just ripping off the taxpayer every chance they get. Wonder who made the decision to send them taxpayer money? That person should go up on charges for not having a brain.

These celebrities who have the audacity to preach to the American people any time a liberal runs for office have some nerve.. Bunch of fucking thieves and con artists. What's wrong losers?? Can't ever have enough, can you? Hey Wall Street Occupiers, why the fuck aren't you in front of these LOSERS homes protesting them???

Just ripping off the taxpayer every chance they get. Wonder who made the decision to send them taxpayer money? That person should go up on charges for not having a brain.

Yea this could be criminal. These people should not be receiving farm subsidies.

Yea this could be criminal. These people should not be receiving farm subsidies.

That should be easy to find out. Name just about anyone from either party from a farm state.

actually, springsteen has a 400 acre organic farm in colt's neck, nj.

but why are you leaving out michelle bachmann's "family farm" subsidies and her husband's pray away the gay medicare money?

you know ron paul never met an earmark he didn't like. right?

Last edited:
Yea we're only $16 Trillion in Debt. Why not just give away more Tax Dollars to Millionaires? Yikes!

I bet some of these Millionaire Celebrities attended "Occupier" events. It really wouldn't surprise me.

Yea we're only $16 Trillion in Debt. Why not just give away more Tax Dollars to Millionaires? Yikes!

i know... they really should stop giving money to michelle bachmann's family and ron paul's districts, since they hate federal funds so much.

so there ya go.

Well there ya go. You're finally making some sense. I know you didn't mean to though. Giving Government Subsidies to Millionaires is wrong. Glad we could agree. Thanks.

And I am pretty sure Ted Turner has quite a bit of ranch land in Montana.

Not saying they should get government help, but saying they do not have farms or a ranch is false.

With approximately two million acres of personal and ranch land, Ted Turner is the second largest individual landholder in North America. Turner lands are innovatively managed and work to partner economic viability with ecological sustainability. All Turner ranches operate as working businesses, relying on bison and outfitting as principal enterprises. In addition, Turner ranches support many progressive environmental projects including water resource management, reforestation and the reintroduction of native species to the land.

Turner Enterprises also manages over 50,000 head of bison across the various Turner ranches.
Ted Turner: Ranches

With approximately two million acres of personal and ranch land, Ted Turner is the second largest individual landholder in North America. Turner lands are innovatively managed and work to partner economic viability with ecological sustainability. All Turner ranches operate as working businesses, relying on bison and outfitting as principal enterprises. In addition, Turner ranches support many progressive environmental projects including water resource management, reforestation and the reintroduction of native species to the land.

Turner Enterprises also manages over 50,000 head of bison across the various Turner ranches.

Could be classified as a Farm. But i'm not sure. Regardless though,Ted Turner is a Billionaire. He shouldn't be receiving Taxpayer Money. And neither should these other Millionaires.

I would rather pay for reforestation than praying out the gay...but that is just me.

Ted Turner also has free range cattle, which I would rather pay for than pay for a feed lot.

Could be classified as a Farm. But i'm not sure. Regardless though,Ted Turner is a Billionaire. He shouldn't be receiving Taxpayer Money. And neither should these other Millionaires.
Could be classified as a farm? Are you kidding me?
Do you know anything about the subject you are discussing?

i know... they really should stop giving money to michelle bachmann's family and ron paul's districts, since they hate federal funds so much.

so there ya go.

Well there ya go. You're finally making some sense. I know you didn't mean to though. Giving Government Subsidies to Millionaires is wrong. Glad we could agree. Thanks.

Like the oil companies and financial industries, right?

I would rather pay for reforestation than praying out the gay...but that is just me.

Ted Turner also has free range cattle, which I would rather pay for than pay for a feed lot.

I'm sure Ted Turner is doing ok. So don't shed any tears for him. He doesn't need Farm Subsidies.

I'm sure Ted Turner is doing ok. So don't shed any tears for him. He doesn't need Farm Subsidies.

Research the subject then get back to me. ;)

I am not commenting on the fact he might not need it. The fact they are claiming these people are not farmers is false. Just because they have other occupations does not mean they don't own farms.
My brother a few years ago ran a 15,000 acre ranch for a guy who owned a coal mine. According to this article that guy could be called an executive, coal miner etc and not a rancher.

Forum List

Back