How well do you know the Bible?

I'll admit, I don't much know the Bible.

But Dewey and I go way back...

bible.jpg

Got 23 out of 25 but don't know which ones I missed. Quiz site tries to make you join facebook which I don't want to do. However all the questions were familiar. Fun to take.

22 / 25 = 88%
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCpwMQ8cRRc]Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition - Kay Kyser - YouTube[/ame]

92%.

Doesn't mean anything though. Knowing the Bible isnt about memorizing facts and people. It's about learning the doctrines of salvation. Doesn't matter if you know every story that happened perfectly if you dont live the doctrines taught.

So much for that Catholic school training:
You got 11 out of 25 (44%) correct

Not bad for guessing at almost all of the questions.

You got 9 out of 25 (36%) correct (in 5 mins 35 secs)

Why don't you play the game Bible Baffle with me, Pacer. I think it is a lot tougher than your quiz.
I did very poorly on this test. Certainly, I would not be able to outdo you in another.

What are your results, Chuckt, or have you not taken the test?

I've taken those tests before and I think they are more reflective of how clever the test maker can be than how well someone knows the Bible because real study means going verse by verse and looking all the meanings up word by word..

One of my pastors has been studying a long time and while he keeps adding MP3's of the Bible verse by verse, his teaching on MP3's takes up eight gigabytes or more so it helps to have a fast connection. I have followed more pastors than that but I'm going to do more teaching on my own now.

Studying takes a long time. Imagine spending five hours on two verses. When I started, it took me five hours to five and a half hours to go through all my commentaries and give an explanation to a chapter in the Bible for teaching and now I have more commentaries and more resources.

Real studying means figuring things out, learning from God and being more and more astute because some learning requires more "finesse".

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Take heed how you hear:

Luke 8:18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

92%.

Doesn't mean anything though. Knowing the Bible isnt about memorizing facts and people. It's about learning the doctrines of salvation. Doesn't matter if you know every story that happened perfectly if you dont live the doctrines taught.

Religious doctrines can't save anyone.

Our Creator planned and created the salvation for ALL His people and had this information written in symbolic form as prophecies through His prophets. We saints get the invisible knowledge of God to understand all the prophecies and tell this information to anyone who listens to our gospel.

This following prophecy shows that us saints ( men ) would come to tell about God's salvation ( deliverance ) to ALL His people, even to those who are unborn.

Psalm 22:
25: From thee comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will pay before those who fear him.
26: The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live for ever!
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
28: For dominion belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.
30: Posterity shall serve him; men shall tell of the Lord to the coming generation,
31: and proclaim his deliverance to a people yet unborn, that he has wrought it.

Religious men have been telling lies to this world since the beast began to control their minds back in the days of Babylon.

92%.

Religious doctrines can't save anyone.

King James Bible
Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

16. Take heed—Give heed (Ac 3:5).

thyself, and … doctrine—"and unto thy teaching." The two requisites of a good pastor: His teaching will be of no avail unless his own life accord with it; and his own purity of life is not enough unless he be diligent in teaching [Calvin]. This verse is a summary of 1Ti 4:12.

continue in them—(2Ti 3:14).

in doing this—not "by doing this," as though he could save himself by works.

thou shalt … save thyself, and them that hear thee—(Eze 33:9; Jas 5:20). In performing faithfully his duty to others, the minister is promoting his own salvation. Indeed he cannot "give heed unto the teaching" of others, unless he be at the same time "giving heed unto himself."

1 Timothy 4 Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

Last edited:

Write 500 words on the doctrine of Salvation.
Write 500 words on the doctrine of Christ.
Write 500 words on the doctrine of Sin.
Write 500 words on the doctrine of God.
Write 500 words on the doctrine of the Holy Spirit.
You must use Bible references.

Get my drift?

Name all 66 books of the Bible and give me the authors and the date when written.
Give me a timeline of the entire Bible so that I know where each book and chapter lines up in history.
Name the number of languages in the Bible other than Greek and Hebrew. Name the languages used in ancient times parallel to those who lived near the events in the Bible.

Name the tribes of Israel and give me their king's names.
Make a map of ancient Israel or buy one and tell me where all the tribes lived.

That is just a beginning because I could make a list that goes on and on.

Summarize each book of the Bible.
Give me examples of you teaching the entire Bible to a group of students in 4 hours.

Forum List

Back