How well do you know the Bible?

pacer

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2013
This is a fascinating article. It discusses the translation from Hebrew to English of the phrase ”Be fruitful and multiply” (which is ”Be fruitful, be a Rabbi (A Master)) and discusses what it signifies. (I am sure you will appreciate this article, The Irish Ram, speaking of Adam and Eve. :))

“…the English translations render רבה as “multiply,” but the word itself is actually “Rabbi.” Therefore, the command is correctly interpreted is an instruction given to the androgynous Adam and Lilith, or those who have restored that level of spiritual development in themselves by returning to Eden and solving the separation made by Adam and Eve, and that command is: “Be fruitful, be a Rabbi (a Master).”

In the Judeo Christian scripture called בראשית (Berashith) or Genesis is a statement that is often quoted but rarely understood. This is how it has been studied in the English language for many centuries:

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, “Be fruitful, and multiply…” – Genesis 1

Wow, our first commandment by God was to have sex. What an awesome GOD! But wait isn’t this and implied meaning? If that’s want God wanted Adam and Lilith to do why didn’t he just say “Knock one out for the Gipper.” Instead of “Be Fruitful and Multiply“.

Yes, Adams first wife was Lilith. Eve was created from Adams rib as the story goes. Lilith was created just like Adam from the dust of the earth. If I remember correctly, Lilith left Adam at the altar because she didn’t want to take part in the consummation of marriage. I think she said something like. It’s not you Adam it’s me, or was it. Dear John Adam I want to pursue other opportunities. I am feeling trapped here in the garden and “I have found someone else whom I think the world of.” His name is Johnson.

Wait a minute, didn’t the same thing happen with Eve? While things haven’t change much. The idea of Be Fruitful, and Multiply is the topic here.

Since this verse “Be Fruitful, and Multiply”, was originally written in Hebrew, the meaning can be found in the Hebrew words and letters. Let us look at a more accurate translation that preserves several key Hebrew words. Of course we know now that a lot of the bible stories were taken from the oldest writings discovered to date. Or so were told. The Sumerian Texts. For those that can’t read Cuneiform.

First, it must be understood that Hebrew scripture does not have the word “God,” as written in English. Instead, the entire first chapter of Genesis refers to אלהים Elohim. The Hebrew word Elohim is plural, and is derived from El (God) united with Eloah (Goddess), forming the plural Elohim, which means “God and Goddess” or “Gods and Goddesses.” Therefore, Genesis or creation is a work of Gods, male and female, which is only natural, since all other forms of creation are sexual too, as far as we know. Well there are always exceptions like bacterium and viruses.

“Then אלהים [Elohim] said, “Let Us [God and Goddess] make Adam in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let [Adam] rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” Elohim created Adam in their own image, in the image of Elohim [they] created Adam; male and female [in other words, androgynous] Elohim created [Adam]. And Elohim blessed them [the nephesh chaiah], and Elohim said unto them, ‘Be fruitful, and multiply [רבה]…’” – Genesis 1:28

The second point here is that Adam is created in the image (tselem) of the Elohim: male/female, in other words, as an androgynous being. Only later is Adam divided into two sexes. Thus, the command given in this passage is not for those who are already divided into two sexes (such as you and me).

The bring of two halves back together to make a complete human being, our spiritual mating so to speak, is what we have tried to do in marriage. As we all know trying ever gets the job done. The battle of the sexes started with this separation and will only end with the Spiritual joining of our separated spirits were 1×1=1. This can never happen in the flesh.

Finally, the English translations render רבה as “multiply,” but the word itself is actually “Rabbi.” Therefore, the command is correctly interpreted is an instruction given to the androgynous Adam and Lilith, or those who have restored that level of spiritual development in themselves by returning to Eden and solving the separation made by Adam and Eve, and that command is: “Be fruitful, be a Rabbi (a Master).”

Thus, you can see quite easily that the actual meaning of this scripture is vastly different from what is taught commonly. Therefore ” Houston we have a problem”.

The command to “Be fruitful and multiply” was given by God several times in the Book of Genesis, and is often misinterpreted by modern readers as a justification for fornication. However, the Gospels make it quite clear that the children of fornication are not what the Creator desires from us.

To be fruitful signifies to transmute and sublimate the sexual energy in order to grow spiritually. The word multiply refers to the procreation of the human species. Or could it be, to do math?

There are two types of children mentioned in the Bible: the children of God and the children of men. Children of God are those who are the outcome of Sexual Energy Magic, when there is no spilling of semen. Children of men are those who are the outcome of passionate pleasure by the spilling of semen. God said, “Be fruitful and multiply.” God did not say, “Be fruitful and fornicate.” See-men?

Could it be that once we develop in spirit that the need for sex will become an act of the past. Thus, we can create life from spirit and not seminal ejaculation. In Gnosis we seek spiritual birth through the transmutation of the sexual energy, which Jesus spoke of in the Gospel (John 3). However, in spirit, even the engendering of physical children can be accomplished without resorting to fornication. We need to engender Children of God and then struggle for their spiritual growth.

In paradise, where ever that maybe, reproduction was performed without seminal ejaculation, without the orgasm of man or woman. Sounds boring doesn’t it? Gnosis does not teach sexual refinement, it teaches what is truly natural and normal. The tenebrous lucifers of the ancient Earth-Moon taught the humans how to ejaculate semen. This is how humans lost their powers. This is represented by Adam and Eve’s departure from Eden. Looks like humans were cast down as well. Time to climb back up the latter.

Here’s what Christ had to say about this dirty deed we do because it feels good. Ever stop to consider, if it didn’t feel so good, would you do it?

“They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” – John 8:39-44

Fact is we are in a world of hurt. There’s pain and suffering every where. War after war after war for resources to continue our way of life. The Motto, “If it feels good you should” is going to bring us to our knees. And not in a good way. Something is apparently wrong here. Houston we do have a problem. The problem is that we have been deceived, misinformed, and we interrupt words with different meanings from the original creators spoken language.

There was one root language that was spoken from the very beginning. The Creator used it in the creation of the earth. Although it’s difficult to know for sure, there are 6800 to 6900 distinct languages spoken in the modern world. With even less being of written languages. Since than the meaning of some words have been reversed in language. Long ago Good meant Bad and Bad meant Good. That’s where the saying “That’s bad” comes from. With all this confusion in language is it any wonder, we can’t understand how to live together as the human race. We can’t even talk with each other without the interpretation of words. We think in words and these words create images. We call that thought. Than we use the logic of thought to define our reality. Since spoken words are vibrations of different frequencies. Our words create. The problem (lies) with, we know not what we do. Creator, Please forgive Us!

We have to learn to speak the original language of creation to change reality for each and every one of us. The language spoken from the beginning. Let there be light! is a bad/good example. See what I mean? The bible is a written language. Is the bible the creators truth? Not likely because the words have different meaning. Creating different vibrations. Is there some truth in the Gods bible? Most likely, but how does one interrupt that truth? Can you speak or read the root language of creation? Than and only than will we truly understand the meaning of “Be Fruitful, and Multiply“.

Houston, We do have a problem. We live in Satan’s domain, if that’s even its true name. Remember it was cast down out of heaven and took us along for the ride.. It has been called by many names. Because so many have called we have a God that allows lies, deceit, hate, separation, misinterpretation, theft and death. “Welcome to my world” pretty much say it all. Unfortunately we are here at the moment. “Be in the world not of it“, somebody suggested. That’s sound advise.

Be Fruitful, and Multiply | Doowans News&Events

Last edited:
This is a fascinating article. It discusses the translation from Hebrew to English of the phrase ”Be fruitful and multiply” (which is ”Be fruitful, be a Rabbi (A Master)) and discusses what it signifies. (I am sure you will appreciate this article, The Irish Ram, speaking of Adam and Eve. :))

“…the English translations render רבה as “multiply,” but the word itself is actually “Rabbi.” Therefore, the command is correctly interpreted is an instruction given to the androgynous Adam and Lilith, or those who have restored that level of spiritual development in themselves by returning to Eden and solving the separation made by Adam and Eve, and that command is: “Be fruitful, be a Rabbi (a Master).”

Where did you get your definitions from?

The only place it showed up on the web is under Gnostic Teachings.

I think your interpretation is laughable.

Genesis 1:28 And God H430 blessed H1288 them, and God H430 said H559 unto them, Be fruitful, H6509 and multiply, H7235 and replenish H4390 the earth, H776 and subdue it: H3533 and have dominion H7287 over the fish H1710 of the sea, H3220 and over the fowl H5775 of the air, H8064 and over every living thing H2416 that moveth H7430 upon the earth. H776

If "Multiply" which is Hebrew H7235 means to Rabbi then are the animals in the sea and the fowls of the air to Rabbi too because it is the same word "multiply" H7235.???

Genesis 1:22 And God H430 blessed H1288 them, saying, H559 Be fruitful, H6509 and multiply, H7235 and fill H4390 the waters H4325 in the seas, H3220 and let fowl H5775 multiply H7235 in the earth. H776

I even looked on Bible Hub and there was nothing in the commentaries to suggest what you said:

Genesis 1:28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

Do you know what the definition is?

Strong's H7235 - rabah
רָבָה
Transliteration

rabah

Pronunciation

rä·vä' (Key)

Part of Speech

verb

Root Word (Etymology)

A primitive root​

TWOT Reference

Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. be or become great, be or become many, be or become much, be or become numerous
    1. (Qal)
      1. to become many, become numerous, multiply (of people, animals, things)
      2. to be or grow great
    2. (Piel) to make large, enlarge, increase, become many
    3. (Hiphil)
      1. to make much, make many, have many
        1. to multiply, increase
        2. to make much to do, do much in respect of, transgress greatly
        3. to increase greatly or exceedingly
      2. to make great, enlarge, do much
  2. (Qal) to shoot

Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 226
AV — multiply 74, increase 40, much 29, many 28, more 12, great 8, long 3, store 2, exceedingly 2, greater 2, abundance 2, misc 24

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

I don't believe it means Rabbi in a Christian context because the Bible says:

James 3:1 ¶ My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

The only thing I found was a spiritual context which doesn't even mean "Rabbi" but rather "make disciples of all nations".

But, with the advent of Christ, the command is renewed and is finally able to find its true and lasting fulfillment. As the Last Adam, the first born of the New Creation, Christ fulfills the Genesis 1:28 mandate in His dominion (cf. Romans 8:34 and Ephesians 1:20). And so, in His resurrection, Christ opens up a New Creation and reiterates the blessing/command in Matthew 28:18 with the Great Commission. In the New Creation, the "fruit" takes on spiritual meaning, finding spiritual fulfillment rather than carnal. Now, it is the spiritual children who are counted as fruit (over and against those who are solely children according to the flesh).
So, while the Genesis 1:28 mandate to "be fruitful and multiply" is strong in command today, it finds renewed and redeemed expression in the invitation to "make disciples of all nations." Thus, it is by the sharing of the Gospel that we, as post-Ascension Believers, endeavor to fulfill the blessing/command.

Study Resources :: Fruitful Multiplication

Last edited:
The only thing I found was a spiritual context which doesn't even mean "Rabbi" but rather "make disciples of all nations".
You cannot expect to find Rabbi or Master in the passages in the English Bible unless you have a Bible translated directly from the Hebrew. You do not have such a Bible and you are no more an authority on the subject than I, so I would appreciate if you would stick to the subject and refrain from dismissing my posts as laughable. :)

Last edited:
You cannot expect to find Rabbi or Master in the passages in the English Bible unless you have a Bible translated directly from the Hebrew. You do not have such a Bible and you are no more an authority on the subject than I, so I would appreciate if you would stick to the subject and refrain from dismissing my posts as laughable. :)

Then why didn't the Tanakh translate the word "multiply" as "rabbi" when they translated it into English? The burden of proof is on you.

Genesis - Chapter 1 (Parshah Bereishit) - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

Then why didn't the Tanakh translate the word "multiply" as "rabbi" when they translated it into English? The burden of proof is on you.
You cannot dismiss one translation simply because it does not fit your definition. According to the website I provided, the word multiply has been translated from Hebrew into English as rabbi or master. I cannot dispute the accuracy of the information as I am not in a position to do so...I do not speak Hebrew. Likewise, you cannot dismiss the information as inaccurate as you are not Hebrew speaking. There is no burden of proof on either our part other then to research the subject, further. You seem to want to prove others wrong who do not conform to Christian dogma rather than exchange information to broaden your understanding of the Scriptures.

Last edited:
Pacer, Good to see homework being done. But you need context. God told Adam and Eve, male and female to be fruitful and multiply to replenish the earth.

The verse means to multiply with Rabbinical precision. The root word of Rabbi, rhabbi, means great in number.

Last edited:
Pacer, Good to see homework being done. But you need context. God told Adam and Eve, male and female to be fruitful and multiply to replenish the earth.

The verse means to multiply with Rabbinical precision. The root word of Rabbi, rhabbi, means great in number.
Well, thank you for that, The Irish Ram. I certainly do not profess to be an authority on the subject and I welcome any information that sheds light on a subject. :)

Soon as you brought up the fictional 'Lilith' as part of your evidence.

I knew you were a space cadet. .. :cuckoo: :lol:

Soon as you brought up the fictional 'Lilith' as part of your evidence.

I knew you were a space cadet. .. :cuckoo: :lol:
I posted this topic to generate discussion and share opinions. Makes life interesting. :)

P.S. On whose authority do you make such dismissive comments?

Last edited:
How ya doin' Sunni? Haven't seen you around lately.
I would dismiss Lilith too, there being nothing in the Bible about her, but there are a lot of things that aren't Biblical, yet still have validity.
Lilith was a demon, which were prevalent at the time of the creation of Adam. Given her proclivity, I would expect her to show up to tempt the man. Later, she ended up in the desert sitting on men's faces.

But what gives her a bit of credence is that a very wise man, King Solomon, wrote about an encounter with her. He would call up demons for kicks, and put them under the authority of God, so they had to answer him when he asked them questions. Then he'd make them do things to p... them off. He wrote about them in the Book of Solomon, also not found in the Bible.

One of the demons Solomon conjured up was none other than Lilith. He asked her what her "job description" was and she said it was to kill infants. To take their breath away.

Even today we protect our babies by singing Lullabies, which means, Lilith Begone.

Last edited:
"Religion is a system of wishful illusions together with a disavowal of reality, such as we find nowhere else but in a state of blissful hallucinatory confusion. Religion's eleventh commandment is "Thou shalt not question." (Freud)

Last edited:
"Religion is a system of wishful illusions together with a disavowal of reality, such as we find nowhere else but in a state of blissful hallucinatory confusion. Religion's eleventh commandment is "Thou shalt not question." (Freud)

Apply that to the Global Warming Cult, and you have a point.

Considering religions are not comulsory, at least in this country, one can always leave the practice of said religion.

To me being an atheist requires you to be a smug asshole, constantly sprouting about fact and reason when you as well do not have the final answer to what happens to us when we die.

Freud clearly wasnt familiar with my faith which is predicated on asking questions and learning for ourselves the truth about God. Fundamental to the faith is the scripture found in James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not."

I also tend to believe Thomas Jefferson when he said "Question with boldness even the existence of God." I believe the God relishes honest and sincere questioning. At one point I questioned whether God existed or not. And through His grace and mercy He revealed Himself to me. I would not know God were it not for me asking and His mercy.

And the beauty of the Lord is you don't have to trust in what I say, each and every one of us can find out for ourselves.

Only us saints who obey all God's commandments can ask God questions and get direct answers from Him because we are the answers in our created existence called "the Word of God", or Christ. This is also known as "Heaven", the "Son of God", "Kingdom of God", etc.

Freud clearly wasnt familiar with my faith which is predicated on asking questions and learning for ourselves the truth about God. Fundamental to the faith is the scripture found in James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not."

I also tend to believe Thomas Jefferson when he said "Question with boldness even the existence of God." I believe the God relishes honest and sincere questioning. At one point I questioned whether God existed or not. And through His grace and mercy He revealed Himself to me. I would not know God were it not for me asking and His mercy.

And the beauty of the Lord is you don't have to trust in what I say, each and every one of us can find out for ourselves.

James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not."

This scripture was a religious Roman idea that has nothing to do with the Truth. Only God's invisible servant has the wisdom and knowledge to understand the past, present and future. His invisible servant is in the mind of His saints, not Christians who are under the Old Covenant until their flesh perishes.

The Vatican and other religious Romans added many of their religious beliefs to their new testament along with a few ideas from the writings of the true saints who knew our Creator.

There are 25 questions. How many will you get right?

Take the quiz

I understand the invisible knowledge of God enough to know where all the lies are in the Bible that the Roman and Jewish religious leaders added to the original prophecies written by the prophets and writings of the saints.

In fact, Christians have no way of knowing the difference between a lie and the Truth as sinners because sinners are liars.

1 John 1:
6: If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live according to the truth;

1 John 2:
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1 John 3:
4: Every one who commits sin is guilty of lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

6: No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.

8: He who commits sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 4:
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

1 John 5:
17: All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin which is not mortal.

We saints obey all God's commandments for eternity, once God forces our flesh to die to the desires of this world.

Forum List

Back