How well do you know the Bible?

I see you have your day(s) cut out for you.

I see issues that need to be addressed so I end up studying a subject over and over and over. It takes hours to clip and paste from the Bible to a document and one page of work can equal two hours of work or more which everyone dismisses as easy to understand or unimportant but simple things aren't always easy and it takes time to make things easy for people.

1 Timothy 3:2 A bishop G1985 then G3767 must G1163 be G1511 blameless, G423 the husband G435 of one G3391 wife, G1135 vigilant, G3524 sober, G4998 of good behaviour, G2887 given to hospitality, G5382 apt to teach; G1317
2 Timthy 2:24 And G1161 the servant G1401 of the Lord G2962 must G1163 not G3756 strive; G3164 but G235 be G1511 gentle G2261 unto G4314 all G3956 men, apt to teach, G1317 patient, G420

One of the qualifications is being "apt to teach". A little quiz on the internet doesn't make you qualified.

I'm waiting for your answers to my test and we can all judge.

You got 21 out of 25 (84%) correct
do I get a jesus action figure ?

buddy_jesus1.jpeg

"Religion is a system of wishful illusions together with a disavowal of reality, such as we find nowhere else but in a state of blissful hallucinatory confusion. Religion's eleventh commandment is "Thou shalt not question." (Freud)

Only us saints who obey all God's commandments can ask God questions and get direct answers from Him because we are the answers in our created existence called "the Word of God", or Christ. This is also known as "Heaven", the "Son of God", "Kingdom of God", etc.

We were born to question.

Be fruitful, multiply, and replenish the Earth.

Have sex? Really? That is covered under multiply, isn't it, or do you think maybe God stuttered? To me, to be fruitful, in thought, in word, in action, signifies that we best serve God by, good thoughts, good words, and good actions.

God first in all things has little to do with fantasy, imagination, or delusion. Good works. You will know everyone by their works, and the motivations behind them, be they ten fold, thirty fold, or a hundred fold. What kind of fruit do you bare?

Word, We are each created and purposed by God, and first accountable to him in all things. We reach him in different ways, on His terms, not ours. There is no substitute for good conscience, it, too, is a conduit. It is not for us to decide who is of the Spirit, and who is not, it is up to us to point each, through conscience, and in the case of Christians, through Christ, to the place where each can learn and discover for themselves, see through their own eyes, which is their Birthright. Jesus did not come to condemn, that which was already condemned, His life was about the Hope of Salvation.

"religion is a system of wishful illusions together with a disavowal of reality, such as we find nowhere else but in a state of blissful hallucinatory confusion. religion's eleventh commandment is "thou shalt not question." (freud)

only us saints who obey all god's commandments can ask god questions and get direct answers from him because we are the answers in our created existence called "the word of god", or christ. This is also known as "heaven", the "son of god", "kingdom of god", etc.

we were born to question.

Be fruitful, multiply, and replenish the earth.

Have sex? Really? That is covered under multiply, isn't it, or do you think maybe god stuttered? To me, to be fruitful, in thought, in word, in action, signifies that we best serve god by, good thoughts, good words, and good actions.

God first in all things has little to do with fantasy, imagination, or delusion. Good works. You will know everyone by their works, and the motivations behind them, be they ten fold, thirty fold, or a hundred fold. What kind of fruit do you bare?

Word, we are each created and purposed by god, and first accountable to him in all things. We reach him in different ways, on his terms, not ours. There is no substitute for good conscience, it, too, is a conduit. It is not for us to decide who is of the spirit, and who is not, it is up to us to point each, through conscience, and in the case of christians, through christ, to the place where each can learn and discover for themselves, see through their own eyes, which is their birthright. Jesus did not come to condemn, that which was already condemned, his life was about the hope of salvation.
don't miss intense with god sundays at 5:30 am check you local listings

Last edited:
Pacer said to another poster:
You cannot dismiss one translation simply because it does not fit your definition... According to the website I provided, the word multiply has been translated from Hebrew into English as rabbi or master. I cannot dispute the accuracy of the information as I am not in a position to do so...I do not speak Hebrew. Likewise, you cannot dismiss the information as inaccurate as you are not Hebrew speaking.

Umm, that is not really accurate - a person can still decide which translation of the word is best. That said, I also think the website's idea of multiply being more aptly translated as rabbi is not correct.

The only language I know 'well' is American English. Even so, we can still take a look at how the majority of people who know this language would read it and that falls soundly on the idea of multiply. Additionally, I've heard it said this was the first mitzvah of the Torah and is taken very seriously as such.

Nice discussion - I had fun following it.

K.

Last edited:
"Religion is a system of wishful illusions together with a disavowal of reality, such as we find nowhere else but in a state of blissful hallucinatory confusion. Religion's eleventh commandment is "Thou shalt not question." (Freud)

Only us saints who obey all God's commandments can ask God questions and get direct answers from Him because we are the answers in our created existence called "the Word of God", or Christ. This is also known as "Heaven", the "Son of God", "Kingdom of God", etc.

We were born to question.

Be fruitful, multiply, and replenish the Earth.

Have sex? Really? That is covered under multiply, isn't it, or do you think maybe God stuttered? To me, to be fruitful, in thought, in word, in action, signifies that we best serve God by, good thoughts, good words, and good actions.

Word, We are each created and purposed by God, and first accountable to him in all things. We reach him in different ways, on His terms, not ours. There is no substitute for good conscience, it, too, is a conduit. It is not for us to decide who is of the Spirit, and who is not, it is up to us to point each, through conscience, and in the case of Christians, through Christ, to the place where each can learn and discover for themselves, see through their own eyes, which is their Birthright. Jesus did not come to condemn, that which was already condemned, His life was about the Hope of Salvation.

Good points, Intense. If each of us is born to question then perhaps the purpose for Atheists is as a check and balance on religion. Atheists rely primarily upon their own good conscience to decide what is right and wrong. Just like Pope Francis said about the Church being focused on contraception, gays and abortion it has lost focus on the core beliefs of faith and love. Perhaps atheists are the "canaries in the religious coal mine" that give the warning when Believers are veering off course from the true message. Pure speculation on my part but I just wanted to share what crossed my mind when I read your thoughts. :)

Peace
DT

Forum List

Back