How to pay reparations in a way that makes sense.

I’ve seen a lot of comments about reparations. Even Castro made it a part of his run for the presidency and his campaign.

You can’t just throw out money like candy corn. Because like candy corn it’ll be spent on just about anything. Even gambled away or thrown away.
People don’t respect money they were given as much as they respect money that they earned.

The truth is that reparations should be used to bring up black schools to standard, support black education, support training for a new jobs, healthcare, and so on.

But it shouldn’t stop there. Instead of giving trillions a way to billionaires who need educated workers, use the money to educate the workers. To me that seems like such a “duh”.

If Republicans can give trillions of dollars away to billionaires under bush and under Trump, then how do they have the nerve to say that we don’t have the money for healthcare and education and infrastructure?
The billionaires are still billionaires. Even without the tax giveaway they are still billionaires.
If you have $5 billion, what’s another billion dollars? How will another billion dollars affect your life if you already have five?
And it’s the workers under him that made the billionaire a billionaire. He didn’t do it alone. He had people who work for him. There’s nobody in the world that has made $1 billion completely on their own without employees.

So if anybody’s going to give money away, instead of giving money away, make it so people can improve their lives. Because just giving money away is not going to improve anybody’s life.

Or we could pay down the debt, improve the economy so those less fortunate than you can live a better life. Interesting that you don’t trust them enough just to hand out money to those you want to give reparations to. Why not? You get to spend what you earn the way you like to, why not others? What is up with your double standard?

I’ve seen a lot of comments about reparations. Even Castro made it a part of his run for the presidency and his campaign.

You can’t just throw out money like candy corn. Because like candy corn it’ll be spent on just about anything. Even gambled away or thrown away.
People don’t respect money they were given as much as they respect money that they earned.

The truth is that reparations should be used to bring up black schools to standard, support black education, support training for a new jobs, healthcare, and so on.

But it shouldn’t stop there. Instead of giving trillions a way to billionaires who need educated workers, use the money to educate the workers. To me that seems like such a “duh”.

If Republicans can give trillions of dollars away to billionaires under bush and under Trump, then how do they have the nerve to say that we don’t have the money for healthcare and education and infrastructure?
The billionaires are still billionaires. Even without the tax giveaway they are still billionaires.
If you have $5 billion, what’s another billion dollars? How will another billion dollars affect your life if you already have five?
And it’s the workers under him that made the billionaire a billionaire. He didn’t do it alone. He had people who work for him. There’s nobody in the world that has made $1 billion completely on their own without employees.

So if anybody’s going to give money away, instead of giving money away, make it so people can improve their lives. Because just giving money away is not going to improve anybody’s life.

How much of your own wealth have you given away to the benefit of brown people, troll king?

You guys pay reparations on an annual basis to native Americans. And your kids, grandkids and great great grandkids will pay them.

How much of your own wealth have you given away to the benefit of brown people, troll king?

Japanese are Asians and they got reparations.

Or we could pay down the debt, improve the economy so those less fortunate than you can live a better life. Interesting that you don’t trust them enough just to hand out money to those you want to give reparations to. Why not? You get to spend what you earn the way you like to, why not others? What is up with your double standard?

BS excuses.

BS excuses.

Sue me. Lol!

What are “federal black people bucks”? Is that a real thing or are you just making that up. We are talking about investing in impoverished schools.

You say you never said you’re against investing in these schools yet you keep stating arguments opposing it. Kids don’t pay attention, bad parenting, new chairs and AV equipment won’t help, teachers don’t need more money... these are your responses to the proposition of funding impoverished schools. Are you still going to say that your not against it?

Do black parents have any influence over their children's behavior or no? I don't care how well funded a school district is, it's not going to do any good if the kids feel disdain towards learning.
Ok then just admit that you don’t support investing in our schools and education because you don’t think it makes a difference. Don’t argue against funding and then say you aren’t against it.

Of course parenting makes a difference... but the resources and quality of education a school provides makes a huge difference as well. It is key to the development of our future generations in my opinion. It’s what can provide a balance to poor parenting and the economic hardships that many children face. But to each their own, think whatever you want, but you should work on better arguements

Your "argument" is a bunch of stock standard touchy feely nonsense that avoids the root of the problem because honest criticism of black society is off-limits.
There is nothing touchy feely about supporting our schools and the education of our next generation. You can talk about poor parenting or problems in the black community all you want but that is changing the subject from supporting schools. You don’t seem able to stay on that subject because your arguments are weak which is why I assume you keep kicking the can to something else

No, I dont think it is kicking the can down the road either. I think we can all agree that African american kids need help.... and so do poor white kids but thats another subject... Anyway, we can all agree that slavery set African Americans as a 'group' backwards , and further discrimination also has set them backwards as compared to many other people in the US if we choose to use group identity. If reparations meant that every black kid in the US could go to college, get a great education, get a great job or start businesses, I would be all for that. If we are talking about reparations, and trying to right a historical wrong.
However the reality is you just cant throw money at something or it is completely wasted. Teachers need to be empowered to have disciplinary power over many of these kids.. (and this is not just black kids I'm talking about)
Our public school system is a joke... the kids have more power than the beaten down teachers do in many cases.
I have an African friend who told me of this teacher who came from Kenya and tried to teach at one of the Berkeley High schools here in California. She said the guy only lasted 2 weeks before he quit... because of the mostly African American students there. The girls wouldn't look up from polishing their nails or texting on their phones and the boys would continuously disrespect him outwardly in class. I guess you could call it culture shock, because in Africa most schools vastly out perform our sad sack public school system when it comes to discipline and respect.
This by the way has been caused by Liberal leadership, but enough about that.... what can be done to correct the problem before we start throwing vast amounts of money at something like this?
Thanks for sharing... I don’t disagree. I also don’t think money should just be thrown anywhere, especially tax payer money. There should be a smart plan put together by smart people. I’m a small business owner and have been a part of starting about a dozen businesses. Money should be invested in the smartest way possible and that’s an area that government needs serious improvement with. Cutting them off doesn’t fix the problem. Demanding better leaders and engaging with the community, local businesses and the brightest around to formulate a plan is the best course of action IMO. But nothing gets done without money, that’s a fact. It’s also a fact that many schools in poor urban areas are grossly underfunded

Do black parents have any influence over their children's behavior or no? I don't care how well funded a school district is, it's not going to do any good if the kids feel disdain towards learning.
Ok then just admit that you don’t support investing in our schools and education because you don’t think it makes a difference. Don’t argue against funding and then say you aren’t against it.

Of course parenting makes a difference... but the resources and quality of education a school provides makes a huge difference as well. It is key to the development of our future generations in my opinion. It’s what can provide a balance to poor parenting and the economic hardships that many children face. But to each their own, think whatever you want, but you should work on better arguements

Your "argument" is a bunch of stock standard touchy feely nonsense that avoids the root of the problem because honest criticism of black society is off-limits.
There is nothing touchy feely about supporting our schools and the education of our next generation. You can talk about poor parenting or problems in the black community all you want but that is changing the subject from supporting schools. You don’t seem able to stay on that subject because your arguments are weak which is why I assume you keep kicking the can to something else

No, I dont think it is kicking the can down the road either. I think we can all agree that African american kids need help.... and so do poor white kids but thats another subject... Anyway, we can all agree that slavery set African Americans as a 'group' backwards , and further discrimination also has set them backwards as compared to many other people in the US if we choose to use group identity. If reparations meant that every black kid in the US could go to college, get a great education, get a great job or start businesses, I would be all for that. If we are talking about reparations, and trying to right a historical wrong.
However the reality is you just cant throw money at something or it is completely wasted. Teachers need to be empowered to have disciplinary power over many of these kids.. (and this is not just black kids I'm talking about)
Our public school system is a joke... the kids have more power than the beaten down teachers do in many cases.
I have an African friend who told me of this teacher who came from Kenya and tried to teach at one of the Berkeley High schools here in California. She said the guy only lasted 2 weeks before he quit... because of the mostly African American students there. The girls wouldn't look up from polishing their nails or texting on their phones and the boys would continuously disrespect him outwardly in class. I guess you could call it culture shock, because in Africa most schools vastly out perform our sad sack public school system when it comes to discipline and respect.
This by the way has been caused by Liberal leadership, but enough about that.... what can be done to correct the problem before we start throwing vast amounts of money at something like this?
Thanks for sharing... I don’t disagree. I also don’t think money should just be thrown anywhere, especially tax payer money. There should be a smart plan put together by smart people. I’m a small business owner and have been a part of starting about a dozen businesses. Money should be invested in the smartest way possible and that’s an area that government needs serious improvement with. Cutting them off doesn’t fix the problem. Demanding better leaders and engaging with the community, local businesses and the brightest around to formulate a plan is the best course of action IMO. But nothing gets done without money, that’s a fact. It’s also a fact that many schools in poor urban areas are grossly underfunded

You guys pay reparations on an annual basis to native Americans. And your kids, grandkids and great great grandkids will pay them. Group identity has worked really well for whites.

You guys pay reparations on an annual basis to native Americans. And your kids, grandkids and great great grandkids will pay them. Group identity has worked really well for whites.

I'm all for putting black people on reservations, sounds excellent.

That’s a good point and something I don’t know much about. What are the details with reparations for Native Americans?

I'm all for putting black people on reservations, sounds excellent.
Why are you all for putting black people om
Reservations? Is that what you consider constitutional or a good American value?

Reparations for blacks... ummm... :lol:

I tell ya what... I'll PERSONALLY pay reparations to ANY BLACK PERSON that was a SLAVE, or IS a slave.

In fact, I'll give them everything I own.

But I digress... because THERE ARE NO SLAVES, and NO BLACK ALIVE TODAY DESERVES MONEY... well MORE money... for NOTHING.

Reparations for blacks... ummm... :lol:

I tell ya what... I'll PERSONALLY pay reparations to ANY BLACK PERSON that was a SLAVE, or IS a slave.

In fact, I'll give them everything I own.

But I digress... because THERE ARE NO SLAVES, and NO BLACK ALIVE TODAY DESERVES MONEY... well MORE money... for NOTHING.
Don’t be so small minded as to think that reparations only means giving cash to blacks because of slavery. The conversation is much larger than that. Educate yourself. Try more listening and less talking. Do better

improving impoverished schools will help everyone in the Nation, in the long run...
Before wasting any money on impoverished schools the families, churches, and non-racepimp prominent blacks have to instill in their youth the importance of education in their lives. Working hard to achieve good grades isn’t acting white. It’s acting right. Doing what’s right for their own futures. Short of such a cultural paradigm shift, throwing even more money at schools would be a waste of dollars spent better elsewhere.

improving impoverished schools will help everyone in the Nation, in the long run...
Before wasting any money on impoverished schools the families, churches, and non-racepimp prominent blacks have to instill in their youth the importance of education in their lives. Working hard to achieve good grades isn’t acting white. It’s acting right. Doing what’s right for their own futures. Short of such a cultural paradigm shift, throwing even more money at schools would be a waste of dollars spent better elsewhere.
Agree....

improving impoverished, (inner city) schools, doesn't always take a lot of money...

States and the fed gvts have pretty much come in over the years and made up their financial shortages from low property taxes in their areas, and this has not improved all of them and their educational results... from what I was reading last night.

so your points are well taken.

It's something MORE that is needed, and the family involvement is certainly one of these 'mores'.... maybe it is feeling safe, maybe it is teachers that can be roll models, maybe it is Big brothers and Big sisters involvement, maybe it is more involvement in sports, or a new innovating and exciting teaching style, things that make them WANT to go to school? I just don't know... I am not an expert in any of this, I just believe if we can give them a good education, it will improve their and their future children's lives, forever.

Ok, so according to your plan, cut all efforts to give additional help to impoverished schools until you see a cultural paradigm shift in the black community? That’s your genius plan? And how exactly do you plan on measuring and tracking this shift? At what point does it meet your standards to allow for funding and support from our government?

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

reparations freddie gray, michael singleton.jpg

"REPARATIONS for black or American citizens of African descent"

REPARATIONS for black or American citizens of African descent.

"Reparations For Countless Victims Harmed By Systemic & Generational Child Abuse Evolving From Racism"

Reparations For Countless Victims Harmed By Systemic & Generational Child Abuse Evolving From Racism

Reparations, WAKA FLOCKA DEBRA ANTNEY.jpg
___
Introducing 'SOULutions' oriented Child Abuse Awareness, PREVENTION & Education Advocate, California Surgeon General Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, FAAP, MPH, Founder and CEO of the 'Center for Youth Wellness'.

___
"Black Children Have Highest Abuse Rates" By Jazelle Hunt, BlackVoiceNews.com

Black Children Have Highest Abuse Rates

Jazelle Hunt, a Washington correspondent for the National Newspaper Publishers Association News Service, recently completed week-long training at the University of Southern California as one of 14 journalists awarded a 2014 National Health Fellowship.
___
"T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E.", a Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment & Maltreatment *AWARENESS-PREVENTION* Public Service Announcement applying to ALL American and foreign born citizens!

"The HATE U Give Little Infants Fvvks *EVERYONE"* ~Tupac Shakur, American urban-TRUTH-teller, Gun Violence & 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim
___
"My mother was cancer, she would destroy *EVERYBODY"* ~Richard 'The Iceman' Kuklinsky, 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim and now-deceased convicted serial murderer.
___
"I would have never been able to do this work if I had come into this world with a mother who stayed, who nurtured me in a healthy way." ~Dr. Stacey Patton, Ph.D., Professor, Author, Child Abuse & Violence Researcher

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our Nation's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS*; End Community Violence, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Forum List

Back