How to live a long life.

I eat way too much salt but doesn't seem to affect my blood pressure. Cholesterol isn't the culprit it is accused of being new studies show. Butter is a very healthy fat.

I'm really sorry to burst your bubble, but ^ this is a sad case of falling for industry-funded "science."

It happens all the time. And it's not the first time this has happened with butter. When these profit-driven industries start to lose money because people start hearing the truth about dairy, they always fight back by coming up with their own "studies" that show their product is not only delicious but "good" for you too! I think the reason they've done this a number of times with dairy products is because in recent years plantbased alternatives are booming, as more and more people are becoming aware of all the reasons to ditch dairy.

So the industries always come back with deceptive "studies".... and, unfortunately, many people don't question it because as the saying goes, people love hearing what their itching ears want to hear.

Don't fall for it every dang time.

I'm really sorry to burst your bubble, but ^ this is a sad case of falling for industry-funded "science."

It happens all the time. And it's not the first time this has happened with butter. When these profit-driven industries start to lose money because people start hearing the truth about dairy, they always fight back by coming up with their own "studies" that show their product is not only delicious but "good" for you too! I think the reason they've done this a number of times with dairy products is because in recent years plantbased alternatives are booming, as more and more people are becoming aware of all the reasons to ditch dairy.

So the industries always come back with deceptive "studies".... and, unfortunately, many people don't question it because as the saying goes, people love hearing what their itching ears want to hear.

I recently took the "Blue Zone" longevity test, complete with signing in so I could get the results. I haven't heard back from them. I think I burst their bubble. Based on my diet and lifestyle I should have died years ago. ;)

I recently took the "Blue Zone" longevity test, complete with signing in so I could get the results. I haven't heard back from them. I think I burst their bubble. Based on my diet and lifestyle I should have died years ago. ;)
I eat mostly animal products and have for years. Years ago blood test showed high cholesterol. Doctor prescribes a statin. I fired that dumb fuck. Same thing happened with the next doctor. Fired his dumb ass too. Found third doc who did a CT scan of my heart and arteries. No plaque looks great.

At least for me, high cholesterol is not a problem. I suspect this true for many others. I feel great. No ailments to speak of. Take no big pharma poison. Exercise daily and am in great shape.

Love a ribeye steak almost daily.

In the same vein doctors now say that dietary cholesterol isn't the problem, its cholesterol produced by the liver at night. Therefore, we must take statin drugs to thwart this menace. Don't fall for it. Cholesterol is a natural and needed substance in the body. However, cholesterol is found in the plaque that clogs the small coronary arteries, and because there is no current method of reducing this plaque cholesterol is made into the villian. By reducing blood cholesterol the incidence of CAD is reduced. However it could be virtually eliminated if the sticky plaque that hold the clots together could be eliminated. This plaque is formed as a result of poor digestion, a malady that affects nearly everyone. We eat too much, too fast, and that is only going to get worse. It's not so much what we eat, it's how we eat and how much we eat.

I eat mostly animal products and have for years. Years ago blood test showed high cholesterol. Doctor prescribes a statin. I fired that dumb fuck. Same thing happened with the next doctor. Fired his dumb ass too. Found third doc who did a CT scan of my heart and arteries. No plaque looks great.

At least for me, high cholesterol is not a problem. I suspect this true for many others. I feel great. No ailments to speak of. Take no big pharma poison. Exercise daily and am in great shape.

Love a ribeye steak almost daily.
The tongue tells the tale. If you have 'scum' on the back of your tongue your digestion isn't good. This same plaque is circulating through your bloodstream and is responsible for holding the various constituents of a 'clot' together. Cholesterol and other substances found in the clots are trapped by the sticky plaque. Eliminate the plaque by improving digestion. This is easily done by eating less, and thoroughly chewing, actually liquifying your food (drenching it with digestive saliva) before swallowing.

Disclaimer: The above my opinion only and shouldn't be used to diagnose or treat any disease.

Genes have a lot to do with it. All you can do is take care of yourself and try not to get knocked out by self-caused factors (smoking, sky diving, etc.).

I drive a courtesy bus for "Seniors" (many of whom are younger than I am - 74), and NONE of the oldest ones - in their 90's - speak of doing any of the nonsense that one hears described as the keys to longevity. They never drank 8 glasses of water a day, never avoided salt or fried foods, never significantly exercised...you get the idea.

My older brother, 82 years old, is well over 300 lbs and has the BP of a teenager.

The older you get, the more likely you are to be taken out by some form of cancer. It's ugly but it's true. Everyone wants to die of a silent heart attack while sleeping, but medical advances have largely reduced that phenomenon to nearly zero.

Genes have a lot to do with it. All you can do is take care of yourself and try not to get knocked out by self-caused factors (smoking, sky diving, etc.).

I drive a courtesy bus for "Seniors" (many of whom are younger than I am - 74), and NONE of the oldest ones - in their 90's - speak of doing any of the nonsense that one hears described as the keys to longevity. They never drank 8 glasses of water a day, never avoided salt or fried foods, never significantly exercised...you get the idea.

My older brother, 82 years old, is well over 300 lbs and has the BP of a teenager.

The older you get, the more likely you are to be taken out by some form of cancer. It's ugly but it's true. Everyone wants to die of a silent heart attack while sleeping, but medical advances have largely reduced that phenomenon to nearly zero.
The key to health and longevity is to allow yourself to be healthy, not force yourself to be healthy.

Actually, heart disease is still the leading cause of death of seniors. Cancer is a close second, however.

Forum List

Back