How to live a long life.

Find out why people die prematurely, and avoid that.
Find out why people live a long life, and do that.

You're welcome. :)
Amazon product

Mother nature has a lot to teach us, if only we open our eyes. Pigeons and dolphins offer creative strategies for preserving our memories and warding off dementia, while squirrels and pigs harbor secrets for managing chronic pain. Rhinoceroses demonstrate the subtle power of our environments—and how to exercise better—while chimps have surprising parenting tips, not to mention great diet advice. Studying elephants has unlocked insights into preventing cancer, and we can look to giraffes for solutions to cardiovascular issues. Ants reveal the unusual benefits of collaboration and altruism, dogs are masterful mentors in living the good life, prairie voles hold clues to connection, and hitchhikers from our evolutionary past may bring us to the edge of immortality.

In The Book of Animal Secrets, visionary physician and biomedical researcher David B. Agus, MD, explores all these ways—and more—that we can harness the wonders of the animal kingdom in our own, very human lives. Filled with lively storytelling and astonishing practical takeaways, this revelatory guide will have you rethinking what’s possible for your health and wellbeing—now and for years to come.

Amazon product

Mother nature has a lot to teach us, if only we open our eyes. Pigeons and dolphins offer creative strategies for preserving our memories and warding off dementia, while squirrels and pigs harbor secrets for managing chronic pain. Rhinoceroses demonstrate the subtle power of our environments—and how to exercise better—while chimps have surprising parenting tips, not to mention great diet advice. Studying elephants has unlocked insights into preventing cancer, and we can look to giraffes for solutions to cardiovascular issues. Ants reveal the unusual benefits of collaboration and altruism, dogs are masterful mentors in living the good life, prairie voles hold clues to connection, and hitchhikers from our evolutionary past may bring us to the edge of immortality.

In The Book of Animal Secrets, visionary physician and biomedical researcher David B. Agus, MD, explores all these ways—and more—that we can harness the wonders of the animal kingdom in our own, very human lives. Filled with lively storytelling and astonishing practical takeaways, this revelatory guide will have you rethinking what’s possible for your health and wellbeing—now and for years to come.

I'd rather rely on God's directions for human wellbeing. Except for ruminants and fowl that have gizzards most animals don't chew their food. Proper mastication is the most important key to health and by implication, long life.

I'd rather rely on God's directions for human wellbeing. Except for ruminants and fowl that have gizzards most animals don't chew their food. Proper mastication is the most important key to health and by implication, long life.
Meanwhile, science is going to figure out a way we can live healthy till 150. This book talks about it. How elephants don't get skin cancer. Or do you know why fish don't suffer from atrophy? It's because they never stop moving.

This book even explains how working is important. It's really not good to retire unless you have a lot of hobbies. But nothing is better for our brains than work. I think I'll do fine without working but I see what they mean.

And for those of you (Republicans) who are more every man for himself than We The People, you could learn from ants who understand the benefits of collaboration and altruism. Or you free market capitalists could learn from dogs on the benefits of chillaxing. LOL

Meanwhile, science is going to figure out a way we can live healthy till 150. This book talks about it. How elephants don't get skin cancer. Or do you know why fish don't suffer from atrophy? It's because they never stop moving.

This book even explains how working is important. It's really not good to retire unless you have a lot of hobbies. But nothing is better for our brains than work. I think I'll do fine without working but I see what they mean.

And for those of you (Republicans) who are more every man for himself than We The People, you could learn from ants who understand the benefits of collaboration and altruism. Or you free market capitalists could learn from dogs on the benefits of chillaxing. LOL
"We the people" is tribal thinking, communism actually, which limits the potential of the individual. The beauty of America is that we can be individuals and part of the community. The worst feature of community thinking is the 'division of labor' which limits a person's skill and knowledge level.

"We the people" is tribal thinking, communism actually, which limits the potential of the individual. The beauty of America is that we can be individuals and part of the community. The worst feature of community thinking is the 'division of labor' which limits a person's skill and knowledge level.
Oh no one is saying we have to go commy. But We the People really isn't something Republicans are interested. They prefer every man for himself. Unfortunately the dummies who believe that usually end up broke when it's time to retire or they have to start a go fund me page when they get cancer and didn't have insurance. We wanted socialized medicine so that wouldn't happen to you.

Then you call us commies? I've known a couple Republicans to get cancer and ask for money. FUCK YOU. Not one dime. I wanted you to have healthare. I wanted everyone to have healthcare. Now you want me to fork over $1000 to help you come up with your high deductable when you decided you'd get the cheapest insurance because you "are healthy"? Yea, we all are until we're not dummy.

Oh no one is saying we have to go commy. But We the People really isn't something Republicans are interested. They prefer every man for himself. Unfortunately the dummies who believe that usually end up broke when it's time to retire or they have to start a go fund me page when they get cancer and didn't have insurance. We wanted socialized medicine so that wouldn't happen to you.

Then you call us commies? I've known a couple Republicans to get cancer and ask for money. FUCK YOU. Not one dime. I wanted you to have healthare. I wanted everyone to have healthcare. Now you want me to fork over $1000 to help you come up with your high deductable when you decided you'd get the cheapest insurance because you "are healthy"? Yea, we all are until we're not dummy.

The division of labor is right out of the communist playbook.

We need to take better care of ourselves so we don't need so much 'doctoring'. Having health insurance is a license to neglect our health, and a license for doctors to overtreat and overcharge.

The division of labor is right out of the communist playbook.

We need to take better care of ourselves so we don't need so much 'doctoring'. Having health insurance is a license to neglect our health, and a license for doctors to overtreat and overcharge.
What a moron. Do you not have healthcare insurance? How old are you?

Do you not have healthcare insurance? How old are you?
I have great health insurance and I use it from time to time. However, I am a net contributor to the money pot not a net user. If everyone were like me there would be plenty of great healthcare to go around, and people would be healthier.

The healthcare system is collapsing under the sheer numbers of people who don't give a shit about their own health. Ask any doctor and they will verify this for you.

I'm 83 and still kicking. :biggrin:

I have great health insurance and I use it from time to time. However, I am a net contributor to the money pot not a net user. If everyone were like me there would be plenty of great healthcare to go around, and people would be healthier.

The healthcare system is collapsing under the sheer numbers of people who don't give a shit about their own health. Ask any doctor and they will verify this for you.

I'm 83 and still kicking. :biggrin:

That's the perfect Republican response. If everyone was like me. Yea, if everyone was born white, two parent household, intelligent like you, etc. The Ben Carson argument. Sorry Ben, not everyone in your community is a brain surgeon. What about them?

And if everyone was healthy like you, until you are not. Suddenly we find you cost the insurance companies $500,000 for the two weeks you stayed in the ICU.

If everyone was like you is like saying "if we lived in a perfect world".

Yea, IF. But they aren't. Boomer.

That's the perfect Republican response. If everyone was like me. Yea, if everyone was born white, two parent household, intelligent like you, etc. The Ben Carson argument. Sorry Ben, not everyone in your community is a brain surgeon. What about them?
The secret to success is doing simple things well.
And if everyone was healthy like you, until you are not. Suddenly we find you cost the insurance companies $500,000 for the two weeks you stayed in the ICU.
The "if" door swings both ways.
If everyone was like you is like saying "if we lived in a perfect world".
If everyone were like me, they would know how to navigate an imperfect world.
Yea, IF. But they aren't. Boomer.
Born in 1940, before the Boomers.

Find out why people die prematurely, and avoid that.
Find out why people live a long life, and do that.

You're welcome. :)
Have you ever noticed that bad people live very long lives? The secret is to be evil, and live forever.

(ask Dracula)

If everyone were like me, they would know how to navigate an imperfect world.
They would all be bored rigid including yourself .

And not everybody has a boat and compass .

So, all in all , your advice was utterly useless

Forum List

Back