How to debate on USMB

John Edgar Slow Horses

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2023
We have all been there. We post the greatested thread ever. Then the bozos just miss it and mess it all up. Here is a guide for all of us. Follow it and achieve success.

1694121532532.png

When Breitbart is used to cite a GALLUP POLL, do not accept it until MSNBC does...

We have all been there. We post the greatested thread ever. Then the bozos just miss it and mess it all up. Here is a guide for all of us. Follow it and achieve success.

View attachment 826140
They should change #1 from "Never check if a quote is real, just post it" to-"Never check to see your facts are real, just post them."

I've seen a lot of 'facts' that look like they came from Bazooka Joe bubble gum wrappers.

Hey guys, I've played this game for 25 years. I NEVER chase my tail linking "proof" of a claim when asked. It's a fool's errand.
For starters, the demand isn't sincere. Leftwingers don't really care about so-called proof. Only an extremist leftwing source is acceptable them, and they aren't going to be truthful in the least. Then, in the event you have an acceptable source, then the goalposts will be moved. Trust me on this I've won every debate I've had with a leftwinger.

Hey guys, I've played this game for 25 years. I NEVER chase my tail linking "proof" of a claim when asked. It's a fool's errand.
For starters, the demand isn't sincere. Leftwingers don't really care about so-called proof. Only an extremist leftwing source is acceptable them, and they aren't going to be truthful in the least. Then, in the event you have an acceptable source, then the goalposts will be moved. Trust me on this I've won every debate I've had with a leftwinger.

Posting "facts" without checking them is ridiculous.

Not looking into whether a claim is accurate or not is part of the game. On these forums people will claim all sorts of shit. rupol2000 claims heroin is good for you and that smoking does not cause health issues. Do we take that as fact?

LEFTIST PROG FUCKTARD RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth they are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies. Smoke spin deflect.

3. Ignore any facts presented.

3a. Play dumb and keep others wasting their time trying to enlighten you.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos, punctuation.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence, Age.

6. Employ misdirection.

6a. smear people.

6b. attack religion.

6c. attack your rationality.

7. Lie, make false assumptions.

8. Play race/gender card/misogynist card.

9. Play gay/lesbian card.

10. Play the Nazi/Fascist/bigot card.

11. Make up stuff/So you got nothing?

12. Deny constantly.

13. Reword and repeat.

14. Pretending not to understand, playing ignorant/what did I lie about.

15. When losing, resort to personal attacks.

16. Russia.

17. Fox News/Alex Jones/Brietbart/infowars/Stormfront/Gateway/hannity/OAN.

18. You can’t read.

19. Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump.

20. What about...

View attachment 826140
I love #5. I have a lot of fun with the trumptards just by challenging them to prove their latest idiotic claims. Back and forth we go, round and round.

I had one idiot who claimed that what he wrote was true because "it was out there". Fun!

Posting "facts" without checking them is ridiculous.

Not looking into whether a claim is accurate or not is part of the game. On these forums people will claim all sorts of shit. rupol2000 claims heroin is good for you and that smoking does not cause health issues. Do we take that as fact?
The other thing is leftwingers know better than to challenge me on facts now, so I don't have to provide links. When they do challenge me, they get egg on their faces. The Slow Horse's Ass guy hasn't been around long enough to know this, I guess.

Forum List

Back