How stupid are left wingers? This stupid.

Of course it is the point. You keep posting as though corporate taxes affect the rich more than the poor. They do not. They affect the poor far more because they are the same as a consumption tax.
If you live in a state with no sales tax, or you don't buy a particular product like cigarettes, where's your consumption tax there?
Do you not understand what a consumption tax is?

Are you unclear as to why a corporate tax is essentially the same thing?

The problem with that is the government won't pay off the debt with more revenue. Obama increased taxes and our debt doubled.
They certainly won't pay it off with less revenue. And our debt doubled because of our obscene defense budget.
Our obscene defense budget prevents wars from happening simply because it exists.
Too many countries don't have a military powerful enough to defend themselves. Some of those countries aren't being conquered because the potential conqueror is worried of retaliation by ourselves. We should reserve our military defense to ourselves only and those who pay for it. Cut our ties to those who have no military defenses who are weighing us down making us weaker than we should be. If Russia wants to conquer Ukraine, we should let them. If China wants the territory of Taiwan, who are we to try and stop them from taking it?

Either we are the world police or we're not.
Why can we afford a War on Drugs and not welfare?
War on Drugs is stupid.
Protecting people from the consequences of their own actions is just as stupid.

Really???

Let's play your game ---- make the defense budget zero. We spend NO money on defense.

How long will it take us to pay off the national debt? What? Never? You mean the defense budget doesn't even equal the deficit each year? How can that be? You said the debt was because of our defense budget.

Does this mean that, once again, you have demonstrated that you don't know what the hell you're talking about?

Pretty much, huh?
We have enough nukes to destroy the population of the planet 37 times. I think we're safe.

What I would do is:
  • cut the military budget in half
  • end all these wars we've been fighting for the last decade
  • close these 1000 bases we have all over the planet
If a country wants our base there, then we'll send them an invoice for the total cost to run the base.
Make friends or compromises with those we can't defeat outright. China and Russia.
Make our country into an Energy super power and stop buying any energy products from the Arabs.
Carpet bomb the Capital of NK.
Remove our forces from ally's countries. I used to be there, myself. We weren't even allowed to carry real ammo. So they really serve no real purpose. If Germany, Spain, Japan want our protection we charge them for it what it cost to provide or we make them provide their own.

Our obscene defense budget prevents wars from happening simply because it exists.
Too many countries don't have a military powerful enough to defend themselves. Some of those countries aren't being conquered because the potential conqueror is worried of retaliation by ourselves. We should reserve our military defense to ourselves only and those who pay for it. Cut our ties to those who have no military defenses who are weighing us down making us weaker than we should be. If Russia wants to conquer Ukraine, we should let them. If China wants the territory of Taiwan, who are we to try and stop them from taking it?

I say not. It's none of our god-damn business what happens within the borders of sovereign nations. Why are we spending almost a trillion a year on a military that hasn't won a war since WWII? And how does our military protect this country from threats, when they're not physically in the country they are defending?

We have bases in other countries because they are strategically located. They serve multiple purposes, even something as simple as a place to gas up or get supplies, etc.
We no longer need them.

The problem with that is the government won't pay off the debt with more revenue. Obama increased taxes and our debt doubled.
They certainly won't pay it off with less revenue. And our debt doubled because of our obscene defense budget.

Really???

Let's play your game ---- make the defense budget zero. We spend NO money on defense.

How long will it take us to pay off the national debt? What? Never? You mean the defense budget doesn't even equal the deficit each year? How can that be? You said the debt was because of our defense budget.

Does this mean that, once again, you have demonstrated that you don't know what the hell you're talking about?

Pretty much, huh?
Our alleged wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror should be under defense spending.
So, we can assume you are in favor of crime, drugs, poverty, and terror???

War on Drugs is stupid.
Another liberal in favor of drugs ..... got it.

I say not. It's none of our god-damn business what happens within the borders of sovereign nations. Why are we spending almost a trillion a year on a military that hasn't won a war since WWII? And how does our military protect this country from threats, when they're not physically in the country they are defending?

We have bases in other countries because they are strategically located. They serve multiple purposes, even something as simple as a place to gas up or get supplies, etc.
We no longer need them.
Unicorn farts, right?

War on Drugs is stupid.
That depends on who's definition of a Liberal you use. Thomas Payne's version is similar to the Libertarians. Individuals should be free to pursue their own wants/desires as they see fit with no other individual interfering with them doing so as long as they are hurting no one other than themselves. Freedom for individuals.

I call myself a compassionate Libertarian.

Who am I to stop someone, who can afford to buy drugs, from doing them? If they want to, let them. It's their body. Their choice.
Same thing with Prostitution. Regulate it, but don't outlaw it.

War on Drugs is stupid.
That depends on who's definition of a Liberal you use. Thomas Payne's version is similar to the Libertarians. Individuals should be free to pursue their own wants/desires as they see fit with no other individual interfering with them doing so as long as they are hurting no one other than themselves. Freedom for individuals.

Who am I to stop someone, who can afford to buy drugs, from doing them? If they want to, let them. It's their body. Their choice.

You, of course, ignore the ancillary damage. What happens to his family, to his friends, to the little kid he runs over in the street? A simplistic view of the world allows you to disengage from your human responsibility to society.

War on Drugs is stupid.

You, of course, ignore the ancillary damage. What happens to his family, to his friends, to the little kid he runs over in the street? A simplistic view of the world allows you to disengage from your human responsibility to society.
Your not a social worker.
If he runs over someone throw him in jail for manslaughter.
What if he gets drunk and runs someone over, same fucking thing. Lets outlaw drinking and driving, oh wait. So outlaw getting high and driving too. hmmm. outlaw driving while putting your makeup on. Outlaw eating egg mcmuffins while driving. outlaw using a gps while driving. Lets outlaw driving that would solve it all.

You're the one with the simplistic view of the world.

War on Drugs is stupid.

This.

It seems that it is your body until you do something that they do not like with it. Then suddenly it becomes theirs.

War on Drugs is stupid.

Your not a social worker.
If he runs over someone throw him in jail for manslaughter.
What if he gets drunk and runs someone over, same fucking thing. Lets outlaw drinking and driving, oh wait. So outlaw getting high and driving too. hmmm. outlaw driving while putting your makeup on. Outlaw eating egg mcmuffins while driving. outlaw using a gps while driving. Lets outlaw driving that would solve it all.

You're the one with the simplistic view of the world.

Actually, we can and DO all those things you suggest .... based on the ancillary damages done as a result of the illegal actions. But, you're right ... my view of the world is very simple.

You do the crime, you do the time ... Your "freedom" ends at the tip of your nose.

War on Drugs is stupid.

This.

It seems that it is your body until you do something that they do not like with it. Then suddenly it becomes theirs.

You can do anything you want with your body --- we don't care. BUT ... we do care when what you do affects other people. Your lack of respect for the rights of others is appalling.

War on Drugs is stupid.

This.

You can do anything you want with your body --- we don't care. BUT ... we do care when what you do affects other people. Your lack of respect for the rights of others is appalling.
I have no lack of respect for others rights - that is firmly in your court.

If you truly supported the right to do with your body as you please, you would not demand that it be illegal for you to put something into it. This bullshit about it affecting other people is exactly that - bullshit. Driving while intoxicated and other dangerous acts will still be illegal. The social effects are none of your business in the same manner that gambling or just being a general asshole is none of your business. Neither of those are illegal and both of those can be just as damaging to families and relationships.

We can't afford them. And more importantly, there is no direct benefit for average Americans.

Forum List

Back