How stupid are left wingers? This stupid.

Missouri_Mike

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2012
With Sales Depressed by Soda Tax, Philly Grocers Look to Cut Jobs as Mayor Blames 'Greedy' Soda Industry

"I didn't think it was possible for the soda industry to be any greedier," Kenney said in an emailed statement to Philly.com reporter Julia Terruso. "They are so committed to stopping this tax from spreading to other cities, that they are not only passing the tax they should be paying onto their customer, they are actually willing to threaten working men and women's jobs rather than marginally reduce their seven figure bonuses."

Raise taxes on something and shocked that tax gets passed on to the customer. Democrats are fucking retards.

With Sales Depressed by Soda Tax, Philly Grocers Look to Cut Jobs as Mayor Blames 'Greedy' Soda Industry

"I didn't think it was possible for the soda industry to be any greedier," Kenney said in an emailed statement to Philly.com reporter Julia Terruso. "They are so committed to stopping this tax from spreading to other cities, that they are not only passing the tax they should be paying onto their customer, they are actually willing to threaten working men and women's jobs rather than marginally reduce their seven figure bonuses."

Raise taxes on something and shocked that tax gets passed on to the customer. Democrats are fucking retards.

Did you see the hilarious tweet that politician made? That is hysterical.

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 12.04.55 AM.png

I had this mental image of people jumping off a cliff, and some Democrat screaming that gravity is greedy for killing off his constituency.

Soda companies should pull all product from shelves in the city and run damn good sales around the perimeter...the free market always works and the consumer can drive a short distance for a good tax free deal

View attachment 114100

I had this mental image of people jumping off a cliff, and some Democrat screaming that gravity is greedy for killing off his constituency.

So.... what's stupid about it, exactly?

Also, one person is all Liberals?

Wasn't the whole purpose of the tax to get people to drink less soda? Or is Philly the greed one?

View attachment 114100

You asked this honestly, so I'm going to answer, and I am not trying to insult you or anyone, even though the answer may be insulting. I don't mean it to be, it's just the answer to the question.

Two things are stupid about this.

First, every single time that a left-winger puts in place a tax, or a regulation, that drives up cost on the company, or business or whatever....

Every single time, they always believe in this mythology that somehow magically these costs are going to paid for by the rich, or by the mega-corporation.

That is NEVER the case. Never meaning... NOT ONE TIME IN ALL HISTORY... is that the case.

Companies do not have money on magic trees in the backyard to pay for stuff. Every single penny that goes to pay for a tax, or a regulation of some sort... comes from only one of two places. Either A: from Consumers in the form of higher prices, or B: from Employees in the form of lower wages or fewer jobs.

Those are the only two sources for money to pay for taxes and regulations. Consumers, or Employees. That's it.

And while you say this is one guy... I've heard this exact argument hundreds of times even on this forum, that they expected the company to just pay the tax, and cut all the executives pay, and no employees should lose their jobs, and consumers should pay a higher price.

Instead people are just driving out of the area to buy soda, and employees in the area affected by the tax, are losing their jobs. Completely, and entirely expected, by all of us on the right-wing that understand basic economics.

The second stupid aspect is the knee-jerk responses of "greedy", to every single basic economic principal that comes to fruition.

Every time that a left-wing policy destroys the economy, and causes consumers to pay higher prices, and causes employees to lose their jobs.... the morons immediately jump to "greedy".

Yet if they themselves were the ones expected to earn a median wage as CEO of a major corporation, in order to pay ridiculous taxes... they would do the same thing.

Only in left-wing world, are people expected to work hard to lose money, for the benefit of government taxes, and societal jobs. You are basically expected to commit suicide for the "common good" or some such nonsense.

The entire concept is bonkers.

And even if you fired all the executives at all the soda companies, whoever you replaced them with, would all do the exact same thing.

The only way you can run a non-profitable business venture and still keep people employed, without going bankrupt, is to nationalize it. And we've seen how well nationalizing everything works. The Soviet Union almost starved to death. Prisons were being filled up with people who committed cannibalism.

This is why this right here is so stupid. Everything he's saying is a complaint against basic Economics 101.

Wasn't the whole purpose of the tax to get people to drink less soda? Or is Philly the greed one?

No, I don't think that was the goal. If that was the goal, then they should not have increased spending based on the predicted income from the Soda Tax, to pay for people's health care.

Do you see the problem? "We're going to pay for our government health care by increasing taxes on soda!" and "Hopefully the increase in taxes will cause people to drink less soda"

These two goals are mutually exclusive. If people drink less soda, then you are not going to get tax revenue to pay for health care.

But the over all problem is that neither goal, included the resulting unemployment of workers. They just magically assumed they could tax something, and have zero economic impact. That's what is mind blowingly stupid.

Every single dollar that is collected in taxes, must come from somewhere. Someone in the economy must not get that dollar. It's either an employee that doesn't get that dollar in wages, or consumers who have to pay that dollar in higher prices.... which means it can't be used for something else.

View attachment 114100

Given the way they are incapable of independent thought, and seem destined to march arm-in-arm off the cliff .... yeah, one person is all Liberals.

View attachment 114100

You asked this honestly, so I'm going to answer, and I am not trying to insult you or anyone, even though the answer may be insulting. I don't mean it to be, it's just the answer to the question.

First, every single time that a left-winger puts in place a tax, or a regulation, that drives up cost on the company, or business or whatever....

Every single time, they always believe in this mythology that somehow magically these costs are going to paid for by the rich, or by the mega-corporation.

That is NEVER the case. Never meaning... NOT ONE TIME IN ALL HISTORY... is that the case.

Companies do not have money on magic trees in the backyard to pay for stuff. Every single penny that goes to pay for a tax, or a regulation of some sort... comes from only one of two places. Either A: from Consumers in the form of higher prices, or B: from Employees in the form of lower wages or fewer jobs.

Those are the only two sources for money to pay for taxes and regulations. Consumers, or Employees. That's it.

And while you say this is one guy... I've heard this exact argument hundreds of times even on this forum, that they expected the company to just pay the tax, and cut all the executives pay, and no employees should lose their jobs, and consumers should pay a higher price.

Instead people are just driving out of the area to buy soda, and employees in the area affected by the tax, are losing their jobs. Completely, and entirely expected, by all of us on the right-wing that understand basic economics.

The second stupid aspect is the knee-jerk responses of "greedy", to every single basic economic principal that comes to fruition.

Every time that a left-wing policy destroys the economy, and causes consumers to pay higher prices, and causes employees to lose their jobs.... the morons immediately jump to "greedy".

Yet if they themselves were the ones expected to earn a median wage as CEO of a major corporation, in order to pay ridiculous taxes... they would do the same thing.

Only in left-wing world, are people expected to work hard to lose money, for the benefit of government taxes, and societal jobs. You are basically expected to commit suicide for the "common good" or some such nonsense.

And even if you fired all the executives at all the soda companies, whoever you replaced them with, would all do the exact same thing.

The only way you can run a non-profitable business venture and still keep people employed, without going bankrupt, is to nationalize it. And we've seen how well nationalizing everything works. The Soviet Union almost starved to death. Prisons were being filled up with people who committed cannibalism.

This is why this right here is so stupid. Everything he's saying is a complaint against basic Economics 101.

Well, there are different views on tax. At the end of the day tax needs to be paid. Sometimes there are ideological fights over tax because one way means some people pay more than other, and sometime it just appears that way. A guy coming out and exposing his view doesn't necessarily point to him being stupid.

Your second point suggests it's liberals who destroy the economy. Well... the last economic recession started... well... it started with a US president going to too many costly wars, and a government (both sides) unwilling to deal with banks in a sensible manner.

The problem with your argument is you have the right which has set up a system which claims to create jobs, and yet benefits large corporations over smaller businesses on a massive basis. Is this good for jobs? Yeah, well, Walmart and their massively low wage jobs aren't exactly great.

You talk about things being overpriced but then it's the right who love the massively overpriced healthcare system which just sucks the blood out of people's pay checks just so others can leech off the system.

My point here is that both sides are "stupid", and yet you'll come out and criticize the left for being stupid while promoting policies which are also "stupid". Great.

View attachment 114100

Well, there are different views on tax. At the end of the day tax needs to be paid. Sometimes there are ideological fights over tax because one way means some people pay more than other, and sometime it just appears that way. A guy coming out and exposing his view doesn't necessarily point to him being stupid.

Your second point suggests it's liberals who destroy the economy. Well... the last economic recession started... well... it started with a US president going to too many costly wars, and a government (both sides) unwilling to deal with banks in a sensible manner.

The problem with your argument is you have the right which has set up a system which claims to create jobs, and yet benefits large corporations over smaller businesses on a massive basis. Is this good for jobs? Yeah, well, Walmart and their massively low wage jobs aren't exactly great.

You talk about things being overpriced but then it's the right who love the massively overpriced healthcare system which just sucks the blood out of people's pay checks just so others can leech off the system.

My point here is that both sides are "stupid", and yet you'll come out and criticize the left for being stupid while promoting policies which are also "stupid". Great.

He was acting surprised, and outraged, that taxes were passed on to the consumer and employees. That is stupid.

You have to be a moron, to think that jacking up taxes won't be passed on to the public, either through higher prices or less employment or wages. This qualifies you as a moron.

(by you, I mean not you, but anyone who thinks this way).

Now, if you accept the fact that taxes will have to be paid by consumers having a lower standard of living, and employees making less money and having fewer jobs... ok. Then that's fine. And every time you raise taxes and regulations, when you see prices to the public go up, and employment go down, I expect you to say "Ok good. The harm to society is worth it".

Then we can debate whether or not the harm to society really is worth it.

The last recession was caused by minimum wage laws, and government regulations on mortgages. Not wars. Had nothing to do with wars.

Further, a right-wing policy is a right-wing policy whether it's a Republican or Democrat who offers it. Equally a left-wing policy, is a left-wing policy, whether a Republican or Democrat offers it.

If Bush had pushed for more government regulation, and it ruined the economy, that's not a right-wing policy. Bush pushing more regulations (like raising the minimum wage for example), doens't magically make raising the minimum wage a right-wing policy. It's a left-wing policy.

Lastly, regulations inherently benefit large corporations. The best pro-small business system is the least possible regulated market. This health care deal is a perfect example. Health care regulations cost businesses millions of dollars. Which company has the ability to pay for that? A small 20-person business, or a large mega corporation? Well of course the mega-corp. So you harm the small business at the benefit of the large corporations.

Right-wingers are not making a system that benefits large corporations. Left-wingers are.

Lastly, you complain about over priced health care, but again, who is the cause of that? Left-wingers. It's your regulations and government programs that have driven up the cost of health care, more than anything else.

Everything you listed, is all the stuff that I would cite as proof of my claims.

And yet Trump is telling you that a tax on goods from Mexico equates to Mexico paying for the wall.
How stupid are Trump followers?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

View attachment 114100

Thank you.......well said......

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

View attachment 114100

No...it started when clinton, the rapist, used the Community Reinvestment act and the threat of federal law suits against banks, to force those banks to make loans to people the banks knew would default on those loans....so they passed those bad loans along to others.....and obama was there too in Chicago using community activism and attacks on the banks to do the same thing...and then the crash came....

And then Bush...and his people...warned congress...and barney frank, democrat, said there wasn't a problem......

Those corporations....are giving big money to democrats...why...because democrats create impediments to new businesses....which helps the established corporations keep competition out of the market place...

The over priced healthcare system came from government created, in state monopolies on healthcare plans.....and obamacare.....was creating a death spiral for the healthcare industry...

Every single point you made was wrong.....it is the left that destroys the economy and freedom...not conservatives.

You have to be rightwinger stupid to think that the "favorite drink!" demand is so inelastic as to not be able to absorb 1.5 cent per ounce tax.

What is more likely going on is this pricing and conversation around it is a continuous reminder to people why they shouldn't drink soda - it's most likely bad for your health and so it becomes NOT their favorite drink.

The tax is simply the the straw that accelerated ongoing national trend: "We are in our 10th year of consecutive year-on-year declines in traditional soda volumes in the U.S.," said Adam Fleck, an analyst with Morningstar

Bottled water set to topple soda sales for the first time

Like cigarette taxes, this is sound policy that depresses demand on products consumption of which costs all tax payers on the healthcare back end.

Last edited:
You have to be rightwinger stupid to think that the "favorite drink!" demand is so inelastic as to not be able to absorb 1.5 cent per ounce tax.

What is more likely going on is this pricing and conversation around it is a continuous reminder to people why they shouldn't drink soda - it's most likely bad for your health and so it becomes NOT their favorite drink.

Like cigarette taxes, this is sound policy that depressses demand on products consumption of which costs all tax payers on the heacare back end.
^^^ This stupid......

I'm from Philly and soda is the last thing many Philadephians need. We have an obesity issue and cutting out soda would do wonders for us.

Forum List

Back