How sad...but lovin it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spectrumc01, Apr 17, 2011.

1. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    We just elected a republican governor in this last election cycle. During the campaign I pointed out that Republicans will give to the rich while taking from the poor and middle class. Where I was lectured by conservative retirees on how by voting republican was so much better because they have a better handle on economics and values.

Now these same people are talking about a recall of this governor because he wants to tax their pensions. This is hillarious, and it goes to show that Taxing and cuts are good as long as it applies to other people, and not them. Conservatives are funny that way.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Actually it goes to show that people in MI are idiots. Further evidence: They elected Debbie Stabenow.

3. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    My guess is the people who want to recall the gov are not the same people who elected him.

4. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    The ones that did the lecturing voted for him and now they want to recall him. Principals are great until you have to practice them. Seen this before with GWB.

5. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    The MSM made such a show of the WI supreme court race only to have the voters prove the MSM to be the propagandists that we all know they are.

The recall won't get anywhere, the 2012 elections should be decisive. Voters/taxpayers are really pissed.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Cal

Cal Since 2010™

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Of course. Kinda like the whole..
    "Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.."
    Line. Attacking the middle class is all fine and well, until it actually hits them too..

Obviously the people who say only anti-Republican voters are calling for recalls haven't taken a look at the polls. When Republicans starting f#cking with Unions, their approval ratings tanked, and polls showed that even Scott Walker would lose if he were running today.

These issues are only (R) vs. (D) issues when it comes to politicians. There are middle class people of every stripe, and they don't like their futures messed with, regardless of who does it.

7. EriktheRed

EriktheRed Eh...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732
    Any word on how the giveaway of the park land along the river in Benton Harbor is going down with the public?

8. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Your absolutely right, there are seniors of all stripes that are pissed and going for the recall. Not not all of them debated that he had the right idea, and was perfect for michigan, just the Republicans who voted for him, and now have turned on him. It is the hypocracy of the conservative that needs to keep being pointed out.

9. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    haven't heard.

10. EriktheRed

EriktheRed Eh...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732
    Well, that situation to me is pretty emblematic of what to expect if this country gives the GoOpers their way, too. I've been to that place a few times and it's gorgeous. Gov. Snyder just fired the Benton Harbor government and is reportedly looking to sell off that land because it's obviously not making any $$$ for anyone as a public park.