How Rick Santorum Ripped Off American Veterans

Twenty-two million dollars is a lot of money for 46 acres. The Catholic Church will put the land to use that will benefit many American people, imho. I'm not of their denomination, but I admire their outreach to people no one else would lift a finger to help.

Their organization feeds the sick, builds hospitals that are open to everyone, provides housing, clothing, and medical care for those in great need, and their church people are found wherever the community has a need for something good to be done.

Thank you for calling this to the board's attention, Lakhota.

What happened to that land will be a blessing to us all.

And you say Rick Santorum is to blame?

I thought you were against Rick Santorum. :D

So I imagine that you will just ignore the below link as well.

Flashback: Rick Santorum Caught in Medical Malpractice Doubletalk | Video - ABC News
The article says Mrs. Santorum was the person who leveled a lawsuit, not Rick Santorum.

I am not supporting any particular candidate at this time. I have no pony in your madcap race.

Twenty-two million dollars is a lot of money for 46 acres. The Catholic Church will put the land to use that will benefit many American people, imho. I'm not of their denomination, but I admire their outreach to people no one else would lift a finger to help.

Their organization feeds the sick, builds hospitals that are open to everyone, provides housing, clothing, and medical care for those in great need, and their church people are found wherever the community has a need for something good to be done.

Thank you for calling this to the board's attention, Lakhota.

What happened to that land will be a blessing to us all.

And you say Rick Santorum is to blame?

I thought you were against Rick Santorum. :D

What the fuck are you talking about? This was a VETERANS HOME, you know, the guys you tie a ribbon around a tree for?? They got FUCKED out of MILLIONS to enrich the Catholic Church. You are a cold, heartless BITCH if you think fucking over US VETERANS is a GOOD thing.
There were around 250 acres or more in the parcel. The land was not being used by anybody. At least, that's the way it was presented here. Nobody said anything about the entire place being sold. They said LAND in the amount of 46 acres was sold. I think the home is either intact or was beyond repair if it was vacated.

I'm defending the Catholic people. They help other people, not harm them. Clinton closed down a score of military bases in America as I recollect. There were medical facilities on at least 4 of them. Are you going to use the same bitter language on Clinton as you used on me for defending a church I don't even belong to?

I'm secure in my work for veterans. Last year, I put in 300 hours for their benefit. That won't change this year. I've worked hard for veterans for over 15 years.

I'm sorry that causes you such meltdown and disassociation in your vocabulary and behaviors.

First off, changing the subject to Bill Clinton doesn't work on me, I didn't vote for him and never liked him. Secondly, I'm going to quote the relevant part of the article for you to see once again that the Catholic Church, through Rick Santorum, screwed the Veterans out of a MINIMUM of $27 million on the deal...
To grapple with its worsening shortfall, officials running the Home eyed a valuable, 49-acre piece of land worth $49 million as a potential financial lifeline.

Under one scenario, by leasing the parcel of land and letting it be developed, the Home could pocket $105 million in income over 35 years for its trust fund, David Lacy, then-chairman of the Home's board of directors, told Congress in 1999. Lacy stressed that the Home wanted to keep the property, and not offload it to a buyer. "Once land is sold," he said, "it is lost forever as an asset."

Enter Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Penn.). At the behest of the Roman Catholic Church, and unbeknownst to the Home, Santorum slipped an amendment into the 1999 National Defense Authorization Act handcuffing how the home could cash in on those 49 acres. The amendment forced the Home to sell—and not lease—the land to its next-door neighbor, the Catholic University of America. Ultimately, the Catholic Church bought 46 acres of the tract for $22 million. The Home lost the land for good, and by its own estimates, pocketed $27 million less than the land's value and $83 million less than what it could've made under the lease plan. Santorum's amendment sparked an outcry from veterans' groups and fellow US senators, who barraged his office with complaints.

Now that you've had a chance to let that sink in, are you still going to go with your defense of a crooked Senator and a 'religious' organization that used the power of the government to SCREW our veterans?
If so, my 'meltdown' stands, and my description of you as a cold, heartless BITCH doesn't go far enough in describing the depth of my revulsion to you and your ridiculous opinion.

What the fuck are you talking about? This was a VETERANS HOME, you know, the guys you tie a ribbon around a tree for?? They got FUCKED out of MILLIONS to enrich the Catholic Church. You are a cold, heartless BITCH if you think fucking over US VETERANS is a GOOD thing.
There were around 250 acres or more in the parcel. The land was not being used by anybody. At least, that's the way it was presented here. Nobody said anything about the entire place being sold. They said LAND in the amount of 46 acres was sold. I think the home is either intact or was beyond repair if it was vacated.

I'm defending the Catholic people. They help other people, not harm them. Clinton closed down a score of military bases in America as I recollect. There were medical facilities on at least 4 of them. Are you going to use the same bitter language on Clinton as you used on me for defending a church I don't even belong to?

I'm secure in my work for veterans. Last year, I put in 300 hours for their benefit. That won't change this year. I've worked hard for veterans for over 15 years.

I'm sorry that causes you such meltdown and disassociation in your vocabulary and behaviors.

First off, changing the subject to Bill Clinton doesn't work on me, I didn't vote for him and never liked him. Secondly, I'm going to quote the relevant part of the article for you to see once again that the Catholic Church, through Rick Santorum, screwed the Veterans out of a MINIMUM of $27 million on the deal...
To grapple with its worsening shortfall, officials running the Home eyed a valuable, 49-acre piece of land worth $49 million as a potential financial lifeline.

Under one scenario, by leasing the parcel of land and letting it be developed, the Home could pocket $105 million in income over 35 years for its trust fund, David Lacy, then-chairman of the Home's board of directors, told Congress in 1999. Lacy stressed that the Home wanted to keep the property, and not offload it to a buyer. "Once land is sold," he said, "it is lost forever as an asset."

Enter Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Penn.). At the behest of the Roman Catholic Church, and unbeknownst to the Home, Santorum slipped an amendment into the 1999 National Defense Authorization Act handcuffing how the home could cash in on those 49 acres. The amendment forced the Home to sell—and not lease—the land to its next-door neighbor, the Catholic University of America. Ultimately, the Catholic Church bought 46 acres of the tract for $22 million. The Home lost the land for good, and by its own estimates, pocketed $27 million less than the land's value and $83 million less than what it could've made under the lease plan. Santorum's amendment sparked an outcry from veterans' groups and fellow US senators, who barraged his office with complaints.
Now that you've had a chance to let that sink in, are you still going to go with your defense of a crooked Senator and a 'religious' organization that used the power of the government to SCREW our veterans?
If so, my 'meltdown' stands, and my description of you as a cold, heartless BITCH doesn't go far enough in describing the depth of my revulsion to you and your ridiculous opinion.
Stop sexually harassing me.

Oh, sure, NOW the left gets all weepy about veterans. :cool:

This is NOT a Left/Right issue, and I'm not on the 'Left' anyway. I wish to God it wasn't Santorum that did this, but he DID!

And his doing it proves to me that the man is not worthy of my vote, or yours, for that matter...

You don't seem to understand. If you attack anyone on the Right or really, if you don't agree with EVERYTHING on the RIGHT, Dave and those like him will instantly label you a "Liberal". They learned it from Glenn Beck. Agree with the 1984 Machine on ALL or you are one of "them".
Pay attention!

works the same way with some on the left.....Dean and Chris probably have me labeled a Far Right Extremist...just for taking them to task for them being so one sided on everything they talk about........

This is NOT a Left/Right issue, and I'm not on the 'Left' anyway. I wish to God it wasn't Santorum that did this, but he DID!

And his doing it proves to me that the man is not worthy of my vote, or yours, for that matter...

You don't seem to understand. If you attack anyone on the Right or really, if you don't agree with EVERYTHING on the RIGHT, Dave and those like him will instantly label you a "Liberal". They learned it from Glenn Beck. Agree with the 1984 Machine on ALL or you are one of "them".
Pay attention!

works the same way with some on the left.....Dean and Chris probably have me labeled a Far Right Extremist...just for taking them to task for them being so one sided on everything they talk about........

Oh I didn't say it doesn't apply to The Left. Daveman is just like RDean and other Liberals who have called me a "greedy Repub" etc... when I've disagreed with them.

The weak always have to label anyone making stronger points. It's their way of compensating for their weakness.

Oh and while I would say you definitely lean Right, I've seen you go against Conserv ideology on a few things.

Oh and while I would say you definitely lean Right, I've seen you go against Conserv ideology on a few things.

all depends on what the subject is.....i have no problems saying i hate both parties and some of the stuff they both do...or being for some of the stuff they do....all in all i just about always vote 3rd Party and dont give a shit if someone says im wasting a vote.....i feel voting for either one of these parties is wasting a vote....

nah, you're spewing complete Right Wing Drone bullshet. You have lebeled me a liberal numerous times.
What part of "if you mindlessly repeat liberal memes and never agree with conservative ideas, you'll be labeled a liberal" is failing to penetrate your skull?

Oh I understand your statement. It's just that in your case, if someone has many Conservative views BUT has the gall to also acknowledge that Liberals are right about many things too, then they have not blindly followed The Machine like you do and are therefore a Liberal. It's okay. Lots of Conservative like you have been conditioned to be the exact same way so it's not like you're alone. Independnt thinking, freedom to pick and choose what you agree with based on personal observation is simply not tolerated by such drones.
I'm sure it comforts you to feel that way, but no.

Every internet "independent" I've run across has been a liberal. You're no different.

Pay attention!

Oh I didn't say it doesn't apply to The Left. Daveman is just like RDean and other Liberals who have called me a "greedy Repub" etc... when I've disagreed with them.

The weak always have to label anyone making stronger points. It's their way of compensating for their weakness.

You've attacked rderp? Link, please.

What part of "if you mindlessly repeat liberal memes and never agree with conservative ideas, you'll be labeled a liberal" is failing to penetrate your skull?

Oh I understand your statement. It's just that in your case, if someone has many Conservative views BUT has the gall to also acknowledge that Liberals are right about many things too, then they have not blindly followed The Machine like you do and are therefore a Liberal. It's okay. Lots of Conservative like you have been conditioned to be the exact same way so it's not like you're alone. Independnt thinking, freedom to pick and choose what you agree with based on personal observation is simply not tolerated by such drones.

Every internet "independent" I've run across has been a liberal. You're no different.

No I get it! I do. Every mindless drone I've encountered has said that anyone disagreeing with them on anything, must be on "the other side". Their ignorant minds really believe that Independents would agree with those who blindly follow ideology on every issue. :lol:

So while I volunteer with veterans, go to the range with my Glock, go to church, deny that global warming has been "proven", criticize unions, decry Obama's refusal to let us drill and state that ObamaCare sucks....
I'll be laughing at the whackjobs who say those are "Liberal" views just because I don't agree with them on everything.

No I get it! I do. Every mindless drone I've encountered has said that anyone disagreeing with them on anything, must be on "the other side". Their ignorant minds really believe that Independents would agree with those who blindly follow ideology on every issue. :lol:

So while I volunteer with veterans, go to the range with my Glock, go to church, deny that global warming has been "proven", criticize unions, decry Obama's refusal to let us drill and state that ObamaCare sucks....
I'll be laughing at the whackjobs who say those are "Liberal" views just because I don't agree with them on everything.
So you're not a mindless liberal drone. Congratulations. I was wrong.

Stop sexually harassing me.
She types one-handed while manipulating her cross, Linda Blair style...
Moaning "Ohhh Ricky, you do me so GOOOOOOD...."

You have too much rep. Let me ease your burden.

I don't give a fuck about rep, Doucheman, please feel free to take all of it if you like. You play this hyper-partisan BS calling me a fucking liberal because I won't bow down and suck Santorum's Neo-Con dick like you do, all the while not even acknowledging the FACT that this Big Government slimeball PERSONALLY ripped off our disabled veterans to the tune of $27 MILLION, MINIMUM, all to provide a sweetheart deal to the Catholic Church.

You know, it's reactionary fuckwads like you that give THINKING conservatives a bad name!

Now go take some more rep, you childish fucking MORON!!

She types one-handed while manipulating her cross, Linda Blair style...
Moaning "Ohhh Ricky, you do me so GOOOOOOD...."

I don't give a fuck about rep, Doucheman, please feel free to take all of it if you like. You play this hyper-partisan BS calling me a fucking liberal because I won't bow down and suck Santorum's Neo-Con dick like you do, all the while not even acknowledging the FACT that this Big Government slimeball PERSONALLY ripped off our disabled veterans to the tune of $27 MILLION, MINIMUM, all to provide a sweetheart deal to the Catholic Church.

You know, it's reactionary fuckwads like you that give THINKING conservatives a bad name!

My goodness, you're an emotional little girl.

And you're an ignorant Neanderthal, don't you have a country to go bomb?

And you're an ignorant Neanderthal, don't you have a country to go bomb?
I retired from the Air Force. I don't get to bomb anyone any more. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back