How Rick Santorum Ripped Off American Veterans

Santorum seems to be very comfortable with dirty deals like this, the more I learn of him the more it seems he is a highly unscrupulous backroom deal maker. This guy stinks on ice. Just a matter of time before a big one comes out that will doom his career, never mind his run for the White House. This guy is going to blow up in so many faces, the smart people are already staying away from him.

Just like Obama, you mean, right?

No, Obama is probably a lot better at it, it's a necessary skill for a politician after all. The question lies in what the politician in question does with that skill.

Oh, sure, NOW the left gets all weepy about veterans. :cool:

This is NOT a Left/Right issue, and I'm not on the 'Left' anyway. I wish to God it wasn't Santorum that did this, but he DID!

And his doing it proves to me that the man is not worthy of my vote, or yours, for that matter...

You don't seem to understand. If you attack anyone on the Right or really, if you don't agree with EVERYTHING on the RIGHT, Dave and those like him will instantly label you a "Liberal". They learned it from Glenn Beck. Agree with the 1984 Machine on ALL or you are one of "them".
Pay attention!

Reading your op made me think that someone ripped you off in the intelligence dept when you were born.

Not sure why I got that feeling but I'm pretty sure its legit.

Ps. I love idiots like you. You make me feel like Einstein.

This is NOT a Left/Right issue, and I'm not on the 'Left' anyway. I wish to God it wasn't Santorum that did this, but he DID!

And his doing it proves to me that the man is not worthy of my vote, or yours, for that matter...
I believe it's up to me to decide who's worthy of my vote, not you.

Reading your op made me think that someone ripped you off in the intelligence dept when you were born.

You're just a gnat on that elephant's ass you ride.

Are you suggesting that the right cares more about veterans than the left? The facts don't support that...

VetVoice:: Obama Administration Sets the Standard for Veterans Care

Obama Administration’s Achievements (Thus Far) » Obama's Achievements Center (Click on Military Veterans and Families)

Republican’s War on Veterans Benefits Continues

Bush 2005: Funds for Health Care of Veterans $1 Billion Short

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clu8yxtTiwg]President Obama helps Veterans after President Bush screwed them. - YouTube[/ame]

You don't seem to understand. If you attack anyone on the Right or really, if you don't agree with EVERYTHING on the RIGHT, Dave and those like him will instantly label you a "Liberal". They learned it from Glenn Beck. Agree with the 1984 Machine on ALL or you are one of "them".
Pay attention!
No, if you mindlessly repeat liberal memes and never agree with conservative ideas, you'll be labeled a liberal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc3ITseopvM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Crazy Bitch, Alvin and the Chipmunks - YouTube[/ame]

Are you suggesting that the right cares more about veterans than the left? The facts don't support that...

VetVoice:: Obama Administration Sets the Standard for Veterans Care

Obama Administration’s Achievements (Thus Far) » Obama's Achievements Center (Click on Military Veterans and Families)

Republican’s War on Veterans Benefits Continues

Bush 2005: Funds for Health Care of Veterans $1 Billion Short

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clu8yxtTiwg]President Obama helps Veterans after President Bush screwed them. - YouTube[/ame]
Oh, sure...NOW liberals support veterans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc3ITseopvM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Crazy Bitch, Alvin and the Chipmunks - YouTube[/ame]

That's fucking demented.

:clap2:

Pay attention!
No, if you mindlessly repeat liberal memes and never agree with conservative ideas, you'll be labeled a liberal.

nah, you're spewing complete Right Wing Drone bullshet. You have lebeled me a liberal numerous times.

He's a full blown religious righty.

He never served, so to him helping the church was a better idea.

what reasons did he give for doing this?

found it :redface: in the link

At the time, Santorum said the amendment was the product of "a consensus agreement" and "was certainly not an attempt to shortchange the veterans." these are quotes taken out of sentences. In other words, it's not clear why.(A spokesman for the Santorum campaign did not respond to multiple requests for comment.)

Santorum's advocacy for Catholic University isn't at all surprising. A practicing Catholic, Santorum embodies the church's anti-abortion and anti-gay-marriage positions as well as its support for charities and alleviating poverty. While in Congress, he was a fierce advocate for the Catholic Church. A former Santorum aide told New York Times Magazine in 2005 that the senator was "a Catholic missionary who happens to be in the Senate.'' That same year, Time magazine named him one of America's ''25 Most Influential Evangelicals.''

Meanwhile, the $22 million from the land sale hardly stanched the flow of red ink at Armed Forces Retirement Home. So 22 million and they still can't pay the bills? I'd investigate for fraud. Financial records, court documents, and government reports from the 2000s show how the Home cut back on the services it provided veterans as it grappled with funding problems. The slashing of services got so bad that in 2003 veterans living at the Home filed a class-action suit against the Home and its director, Timothy Cox, alleging shoddy health care and less access to that care. As a result of cutbacks and declining quality in care, the suit claimed, the suicide rate at the Home spiked from 59 in 2000 to 131 in 2003.

Pay attention!

nah, you're spewing complete Right Wing Drone bullshet. You have lebeled me a liberal numerous times.
What part of "if you mindlessly repeat liberal memes and never agree with conservative ideas, you'll be labeled a liberal" is failing to penetrate your skull?

Santorum is a member of Opus Dei.

Opus Dei, formally known as The Prelature of the Holy Cross and Opus Dei (Latin: Prelatura Sanctae Crucis et Operis Dei), is an organization within the Catholic Church that teaches that everyone is called to holiness and that ordinary life is a path to sanctity.[2][3] The majority of its membership are lay people, with secular priests under the governance of a prelate (bishop) elected by special members designated "Electors" in the hierarchy of Opus Dei and approved by the Pope. [4] Opus Dei is Latin for "Work of God", hence the organization is often referred to by members and supporters as "the Work".[5][6]

Do you have a link confirming that?

If so, it just further proves that Rick did what he thought was best over all.

Rick Santorum sent two of his sons to a Washington, D.C. all-boys school affiliated with Opus Dei, the Catholic group whose members were portrayed as sinisterly weird in the sensationalistic Da Vinci Code but in reality only engage in some mild self-mutilation, "nothing traumatic," as the group's website says. Santorum says he's not a member of Opus Dei, though he did go to Rome in 2002 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of its founding, and he belongs to the St. Catherine of Siena Parish, "a favorite of Opus Dei," the Washington Post says.

How Opus Dei Influenced Rick Santorum - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Rick Santorum sent two of his sons to a Washington, D.C. all-boys school affiliated with Opus Dei, the Catholic group whose members were portrayed as sinisterly weird in the sensationalistic Da Vinci Code but in reality only engage in some mild self-mutilation, "nothing traumatic," as the group's website says. Santorum says he's not a member of Opus Dei, though he did go to Rome in 2002 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of its founding, and he belongs to the St. Catherine of Siena Parish, "a favorite of Opus Dei," the Washington Post says.

How Opus Dei Influenced Rick Santorum - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

why the hell would you claim he was a member, THEN prove yourself wrong?

:cuckoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back