How "pitiful" is the Republican Presidential field?

What is so hard for Republicans to say "We ain't got shit" when it comes to potential candidates

This is one of the weakest GOP fields I have seen in my lifetime.

Reminds me of when the Dems ran Mike Dukakis and George McGovern

So far, yes, I'm underwhelmed.

I rag on these guys just to piss them off. But seriously, the quality of candidates this go round are underwhelming. No elder statesman, no young stud, no up and comer.
Bland

LOL, and there it is!

RW: Hey guys, hey... Like hey, I just wanted to start a thread today to talk about, hey... guys... like I wanted to let you all know how I feel about the GOP chances in... uhmm... in the elections we are having here in almost 2 years. Hey guys, I wanted to tell you something, hey... this is important. So hey, so I'm very "underwhelmed" as of late with the 3 people I see so far for the Republican candidate... Well, the black guy is ok, and I don't say that because he's back, I say that because he is a TP candidate who is near anti everything I am so I figured I'd say I like him, it has nothing to do with him being black... I swear.

So hey…. Guys… hey like if you missed this thread that’s ok… Cuz hey, I’ll make another one in 3 days or so…

In 2012, we will probably have a choice between the glorified State Senator we now have and a Social/Neo con, most will pick the "lesser of two evils" I suppose. I'll pass on that though, that is like choosing between constipation and diarrhea.....both are a pain in the ass and full of shit.

Social conservatism will not be in the forefront next election. Most conservatives will be looking primarily at the candidate's fiscal voting record and/or philosophy.

Not only pitiful, it's non existent. They're believing their own hype that Obama will be easy to beat.

People are wondering why they don't get going. Haley Barbour is the only one stepping up.

Don't be naive. The election is nearly two years away.

Bullshit, do they think the money is going to magically appear for them?

Not this group.

Did you learn absolutely-not-a-thing in November?

This is kinda funny.

The fact that obama had done nothing, literally nothing of note. community organizer is something you talk about when you're trying out for a real job, not when you want to be CEO.

I've noticed a lot of righties conveniently dismiss Obama's time in the state senate as if it were nothing.

Didn't he like hardly even show up for work and vote n stuff?

That's b/c he didn't finish one term. But in that time he did set the record for pussing out when called upon to vote.

that sumptin to be proud of?

So you're saying he wasn't reelected?

United States Senator
from Illinois
In office
January 3, 2005 – November 16, 2008
Preceded by Peter Fitzgerald
Succeeded by Roland Burris

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You tell me.

I've been wrong before, and I've admitted it.

1996-2005. One complete 2 year term, one complete 4 year term and half of a third, which he resigned because he was elected to US Senate.

Simple response Republicans...

The Republican Presidential field is not pitiful, we have (Fill in the Blank)

Why can't anyone do that?

Because your "question" at this stage is meaningless.

Why "answer" a fraudulent "question" if that gives it the air of legitimacy?

The truth is: some of the possible candidates might not appear (at least at this early stage) to be "stellar." That doesn't mean that with a little seasoning in the eventual primaries, they will not turn out to be superstars.

I'm not in a hurry. Why are you?

"I'm not in a hurry" can be interpreted as being afraid. Those that think they can wait a year to make up their minds to run are as stupid as those waiting for them.

"Looking at the 08 Primaries, by April of 2007 pretty much all of the GOP candidates were already announced (many made the announcement in Jan or Feb), the only two that didn't were Alan Keyes and Fred Thompson, they didn't announce until September 07."

Latest a Presidential Candidate Can Declare for 2012? (vote, candidacy, campaign) - Elections - City-Data Forum

Simple response Republicans...

The Republican Presidential field is not pitiful, we have (2 years to fill it.)

Why can't anyone do that?

filled in the blank for you...

Hey RW, who's running for the Dems? Man, it sure does look underwhelming... Unless of course you can fill in the blank of who is running to be excited about.

In 2012, we will probably have a choice between the glorified State Senator we now have and a Social/Neo con, most will pick the "lesser of two evils" I suppose. I'll pass on that though, that is like choosing between constipation and diarrhea.....both are a pain in the ass and full of shit.

Social conservatism will not be in the forefront next election. Most conservatives will be looking primarily at the candidate's fiscal voting record and/or philosophy.

No pun but I do pray you are right.:tongue:

This is kinda funny.

The fact that obama had done nothing, literally nothing of note. community organizer is something you talk about when you're trying out for a real job, not when you want to be CEO.

I've noticed a lot of righties conveniently dismiss Obama's time in the state senate as if it were nothing.

United States Senator
from Illinois
In office

You tell me.

State Senate, reelected. President Lincoln was also just a lowly state senator. :eusa_whistle:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama#State_Senator:_1997.E2.80.932004
Obama was reelected to the Illinois Senate in 1998, defeating Republican Yesse Yehudah in the general election, and was reelected again in 2002

Last edited:
This is kinda funny.

United States Senator
from Illinois
In office

You tell me.

State Senate, reelected. Lincoln was also just a lowly state senator. :eusa_whistle:

Unlike Lincoln. Obama's time in the State Senate was spent voting Present 89% of the time.

You call that experience?

Unlike Lincoln. Obama's time in the State Senate was spent voting Present 89% of the time.

I'm done clarifying my point. An assertion was made against my post and I addressed it.

Now. What was the topic again? Oh yes, the scarcity of viable Repub presidential candidates :)

United States Senator
from Illinois
In office

You tell me.

State Senate, reelected. Lincoln was also just a lowly state senator. :eusa_whistle:

FactCheck.org: How many times did Obama vote 'present' as a state senator?

A little over 3% of the time Challie. And it's procedurally identical to voting 'No.' Somewhat unclear why some of you obsess over it so.

A little over 3% of the time Challie. And it's procedurally identical to voting 'No.' Somewhat unclear why some of you obsess over it so.

Those assertions, made by the other 2 or 3 posters, sounded a lot like talking-points of a certain tv station/am radio channel :eusa_liar:

I love how he pulls 89% straight out of his ass, and promptly throws it on the table as fact. I wonder if he sits there for a few minutes after posting, basking in the glow of how profound he is. :lol:

Those assertions, made by the other 2 or 3 posters, sounded a lot like talking-points of a certain tv station/am radio channel :eusa_liar:

I love how he pulls 89% straight out of his ass, and promptly throws it on the table as fact. I wonder if he sits there for a few minutes after posting, basking in the glow of how profound he is. :lol:

I'm new to this board but I've seen on other boards how some righties just repeat talking-points w/o providing evidence and not expecting anyone to call their bluff :doubt: or provide evidence contrary to their claims

Last edited:

I'm new to this board but I've seen on other boards how some righties just repeat talking-points w/o providing evidence and not expecting anyone to call their bluff :doubt: or provide evidence contrary to their claims

WTF???? Where the fuck did you dweebs get beat down so bad you can't call it like it is???

If Charles_Main says Obama voted "present" 89 % of the time as a State senator and the truth is 3%...Then......

Charles_Main is a FUCKING LIAR!!!!!

There!...see how easy that was....:lol:

Carry on.

Forum List

Back