How "pitiful" is the Republican Presidential field?

How 'pitiful' is the Republican presidential field? - The Week

According to public opinion polls, the field is currently "quite weak." Only two likely Republican contenders — Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney — have positive favorability ratings. Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich have "especially poor" ratings, in the negative double digits. Is the 2012 GOP field, as The Atlantic's Andrew Sullivan puts it, irredeemably "pitiful?"

The GOP field is weak: These numbers are "bad news for Republicans," says Jim Lindgren in The Volokh Conspiracy. Some of the GOP contenders could make "better than average presidents," but "I see no one who as yet looks to be a better than average candidate." If this is the best the GOP can muster, "President Obama will be hard to beat."

Im going to ask you the same damn question I always do....

Why the fuck do you care who the GOP runs..... your voting democrat anyways so shut up please!

It's a combination of two factors... hatred of Palin and a sincere desire to affect who the right chooses.

According to public opinion polls, the field is currently "quite weak." Only two likely Republican contenders — Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney — have positive favorability ratings. Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich have "especially poor" ratings, in the negative double digits. Is the 2012 GOP field, as The Atlantic's Andrew Sullivan puts it, irredeemably "pitiful?"

The GOP field is weak: These numbers are "bad news for Republicans," says Jim Lindgren in The Volokh Conspiracy. Some of the GOP contenders could make "better than average presidents," but "I see no one who as yet looks to be a better than average candidate." If this is the best the GOP can muster, "President Obama will be hard to beat."

Why the fuck do you care who the GOP runs..... your voting democrat anyways so shut up please!

It's a combination of two factors... hatred of Palin and a sincere desire to affect who the right chooses.

All I have to do is see who the lefties hate the most and vote for that person....

Liberals just want to start planning their smear campaigns early.

The liberal media also needs to start promoting someone unelectable in order to secure Obama's second term.

Let's face it. God Himself could be running and He would still be considered "pitiful"

WRONG!!!!!!!! Jesus would be “Underwhelming.”
Here is another question RW can avoid…

Hey RW, in another 12 months, yes a fucking YEAR… Will the Republicans still only have ohhh, 3 people Running for president? How about the Dems, have ANY announced a run for president yet?

The point is RW, what is there to be excited about when you don’t even know who the fuck is running.

You’re so fucking out there you actually try and “bet” people who is going to win… That would be like the baseball season ALMOST starting and people already making bets as to what team will be #1 by the end of the year… Election season has actually not even started. Do you understand that basic concept? “We,” independents, republicans, democrats have no one to be excited about because there really is no one to be excited about. So can you please stop making threads every 3 days about how “underwhelming” the Republican prospects are for an election that has not even started.

Do you really believe that 2 days before Election Day things will be as they are today?

Liberals just want to start planning their smear campaigns early.

The liberal media also needs to start promoting someone unelectable in order to secure Obama's second term.

And the winnah is

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

It's unbelievably pathetic.

The rightwing crop is little better than a bunch of cartoon characters, and the moderate commonsense centrist faction are getting trashed by the rightwing puppetmasters in the media.

What is so hard for Republicans to say "We ain't got shit" when it comes to potential candidates

This is one of the weakest GOP fields I have seen in my lifetime.

Reminds me of when the Dems ran Mike Dukakis and George McGovern

So far, yes, I'm underwhelmed.

How pitiful are the liberals here when they have to pretend to give a crap about who the "contendahs" are in the GOP at this juncture, so far out from the start of the primary season of 2012?

The process will cull out some of the least likely possible candidates. OF those with some kind of realistic prospect who then remain, the process (as absurd as it often gets) will lead one or three or so to emerge as the true prospects.

One of more of THEM will then make a record worthy of respect as a candidate.

It will likely be someone with sufficient conservative credentials since, this time around, those who pander to the left in the hopes of grabbing the center are gonna get their asses handed to them. The rules are changing.

The result might be a real choice come the General Election. A more or less true conservative versus either President Obama (a hopeless liberal at best) or some other liberal Democratic.

How pitiful are the liberals here when they have to pretend to give a crap about who the "contendahs" are in the GOP at this juncture, so far out from the start of the primary season of 2012?

The process will cull out some of the least likely possible candidates. OF those with some kind of realistic prospect who then remain, the process (as absurd as it often gets) will lead one or three or so to emerge as the true prospects.

It will likely be someone with sufficient conservative credentials since, this time around, those who pander to the left in the hopes of grabbing the center are gonna get their asses handed to them. The rules are changing.

The result might be a real choice come the General Election. A more or less true conservative versus either President Obama (a hopeless liberal at best) or some other liberal Democratic.

Look at the bright side, 'Lard. There's no one in the GOP field as pitiful

as Fred Thompson.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Let's face it. God Himself could be running and He would still be considered "pitiful"

Maybe you could convince me if you could tell me who you are enthusiastic about and why

It shouldn't be that hard

Where did the "favorable ratings" come from fake right winger? A couple of name recognition push polls or a single C-PAC meeting? The GOP has at least a year to field a candidate and about 21 months until the election. Gov. Christie looks real good if he decides to run.

Look at the bright side * * * * There's no one in the GOP field as pitiful

as Fred Thompson.

He turned out to be a weak CANDIDATE, but that's a real pity since he would have been a superior President.

By contrast, President Obama turned out to be the superior candidate in the abysmal field of liberal Democratics, and he became an abomination as President.

That's why this cycle looks to be a marked improvement. The morons running the liberal Democrat Parody will insist on getting either the certified liberal loon incumbent OR some other liberal loon jerk-off to be the Party's standard bearer. And the CHOICE will thus be between the liberal and the conservative.

What we haven't really had in many years: a true choice.

It's unbelievably pathetic.

The rightwing crop is little better than a bunch of cartoon characters, and the moderate commonsense centrist faction are getting trashed by the rightwing puppetmasters in the media.

Why on earth would it be wise to compromise on measures that will severally damage our nation for years to come?

Forum List

Back