How Old Is The Earth?

Hmmmm no, I just believe anything is possible. Plus, I have seen and experienced things that maybe others have not - but might at one time in their lives.....

I think a truly intelligent person will research all arguments. I read the secular scientific data/information. I think its important to keep yourself informed on everything that is out there. I'm not expert, but I don't dig my heels in the sand and ignore other information.

I think secularists are more guilty of that than Christians
So how old do you think the earth is? :popcorn:

Honestly, I used to believe both, but now, not sure. There would be Christians that say if I were truly "born again" would "know" that the Earth is 6,000 years old (est.) but, I'm just being transparent here.....
You can't believe both, the earth can't be old and young at the same time. Old is based on facts, young is based on myths.

Hmmmm no, I just believe anything is possible. Plus, I have seen and experienced things that maybe others have not - but might at one time in their lives.....

I think a truly intelligent person will research all arguments. I read the secular scientific data/information. I think its important to keep yourself informed on everything that is out there. I'm not expert, but I don't dig my heels in the sand and ignore other information.

Honestly, I used to believe both, but now, not sure. There would be Christians that say if I were truly "born again" would "know" that the Earth is 6,000 years old (est.) but, I'm just being transparent here.....
You can't believe both, the earth can't be old and young at the same time. Old is based on facts, young is based on myths.

Yeah, I did not word that well......what I meant was:

there was a time (when I was an atheist) that I believed the "old".

then, when I was "born again" and came forward in church, after hearing and reading Christian sermons and literature etc., I believed the "young".

You only have to go dig in a cliff to see the fossil record for yourself. The further you go down into the rocks, the less developed life is. Oh I forgot, the creationists think that God planted the fossils to fool us.

You only have to go dig in a cliff to see the fossil record for yourself. The further you go down into the rocks, the less developed life is. Oh I forgot, the creationists think that God planted the fossils to fool us.

Actually, Carson said that Satan is the one who planted the false fossils....

Never heard that one... new to me!

oh brother.... link? LOL!

My pleasure:

Ben Carson argued evolution was 'encouraged by' Satan

It does not say that he said Satan planted false fossils...only that Satan encouraged the theory of evolution....

then, when I was "born again" and came forward in church, after hearing and reading Christian sermons and literature etc., I believed the "young".
So you decided that facts don't matter? :dunno:

My pleasure:

It does not say that he said Satan planted false fossils...only that Satan encouraged the theory of evolution....

Oh! That's different!

What humans believe to be factual is secondary to what God wants.

God wants you to send me your money.

My pleasure:

Oh! That's different!

It is different. Encouraging false teaching and doctrine by Satan and his minions is different than "planting" fossils to trick people or whatever. Silly.

God wants you to send me your money.

Those people are quacks - the ones on TV asking to send money.

My pleasure:

Oh! That's different!

It is different. Encouraging false teaching and doctrine by Satan and his minions is different than "planting" fossils to trick people or whatever. Silly.

Has satan ever lied to you, Bonzi?

Oh! That's different!

Has satan ever lied to you, Bonzi?

audibly? no. Unless you mean certain family members of mine......

Or are we trusting God’s perfectly accurate eyewitness account of the past, including the creation of the world, Noah’s global flood, and the age of the earth?"

Since there is virtually no agreement by Biblical scholars on how long it has been since 'God' created the universe.....why would anyone 'trust' any person's interpretation of what they believe God said?

I really don't care what you or any Christian believes is the age of the earth- faith is a bizarre thing.

But how anyone can ignore the fossils of dinosaurs and somehow come up with rationalizations both for the fossils and the earth only being 6,000 years old......I do not understand.

Or for that matter the obviousness of plate tectonics. Here in California it is obvious in many places where fault lines exist- and the earth has moved in opposite directions- for much longer than 6,000 years. Beyond that- look at Australia and Tasmania- Australia and New Guinea.

But in the end- as long as you don't insist that kids in public schools are taught your religious beliefs instead of science- I don't care.

Forum List

Back