how much do you tip?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
guess their had to be a topic on here before like this....just ate a single diiner the bill was $22.50 gave her $40 bucks and told her to keep the change... I am a 48 year old single guy now. thats just me... how much do you tip? and do you lean left or right? just curious......

0 to 40% depending on cheerfulness, quality of service, and unobtrusiveness.

I tip 20% and add a little extra if the waitress or waiter is really friendly and does a good job.

I lean right on fiscal matters and national security and left on some social issues.

Depends on where I am eating and the service.

Buffett and all they have to do is keep my Iced Tea glass full, and they do... 25% If they don't 0 - 10%

Full service and the service is horri-bad to just acceptable, 10% - 15%. Good to great 25%. Fantastic, 30%-40%

Once I left a 100% tip. It was a anniversary dinner, the waiter knew it and the service was beyond fantastic. They added a glass of champagne and "Afters" at no charge.

I am Conservative.... As if you really had to ask.

i NEVER tip !!

but then.., i never go to a place where a "TIP" is required, expected or almost demanded, i once worked as a gas station attendant, i checked the customers radiator, oil, air in tires, washed the windshield and sold them a dollar or two worth of gasoline, sometimes it was a fill up all this with a smile and asked them if there was anything else i could do for them and NEVER got a "TIP"......., ooooooh yes !! i did one time get a real 25 cent silver coin.

I tip servers lots. It starts with $10 tip on say a $25 check and goes up from there. Doesn't matter where I am.

Good thread.

I tip 20 to 30%....I thought I was unusually generous, but apparently not!! [:)

I think it's good to be a good tipper if one has regular restaurants, because they really depend on regulars and always remember the customer. I guess they remember the poor tipper too, but maybe not so fondly.

I read once that women are bad tippers, so after that I always tipped well.

guess their had to be a topic on here before like this....just ate a single diiner the bill was $22.50 gave her $40 bucks and told her to keep the change... I am a 48 year old single guy now. thats just me... how much do you tip? and do you lean left or right? just curious......

Nothing - and you wouldn't have to tip if only the employer would pay decent wages.

Well, the system is that we the diners pay the waiters for bringing our food and drinks and stuff. The restaurant doesn't really pay them.

It's a weird system, but it IS the one we have. So if people don't tip, that's sad for the unpaid server.

Well, the system is that we the diners pay the waiters for bringing our food and drinks and stuff. The restaurant doesn't really pay them.

It's a weird system, but it IS the one we have. So if people don't tip, that's sad for the unpaid server.

The servers should be paid. By the employer. You, the public, should not be expected to pay the wages of a stranger.

The servers should be paid. By the employer. You, the public, should not be expected to pay the wages of a stranger.

I've decided not to fight an entrenched system. Besides, the servers often do very well! That's why they hire on in such numbers. I don't see any real problem about it. It has its compensations: they know me, they remember what I get. It's sort of sweet.

Forum List

Back