How many times have you read the Bible?

How many times have you read the Bible all the way through?

• Total voters
I heard the ending wasn't so good so I am waiting for it to come out on DVD

King-James-Bible-on--DVD-1.jpg

Why would anyone read ANY book more than once?

That's retarded. What? you didn't GET IT the first time? You think by reading it again the characters will be different and there will be a different ending?

It's not like it's a movie where you do stand a chance of missing something and you see something new the second time you watch it.

It's a fucking book! It isn't moving! There is nothing preventing you from absorbing EVERYTHING in it.

Your question is stupid.

Ever read the book by possible the greatest leader of American business ever?

"How to win friends and influence people."

he clearly recommends that you read it multiple times.

Only a fool reads a book of knowledge thinking he can one time it.

Yes. It was a good book on how to understand and get along with others. No..I did not need to re-read it. Do I remember every word in it? No..most of the major points and principals.

That IS one book I may re-read if I ever find the time. I read it over 40 years ago.

I may even re-read a bible some day...but having lived as long as I have and seen what idiots have come from obssessing on the "Babble"...I doubt it.

I may re-read "The Profit" some day. I found that book to be one of the more useful "bible type" books I ever read.

The Bible is no different to some and how you view reference books and manuals. The Bible is not just some novel, it does give good advice , like not to steal or murder, not to be indebted to someone, toi be charitable and not to be lazy.

You need a book to know these things?

WOW! Fascsinating. Chimps know these things and they do not read at all.

Who came up with the concept murder was bad?

Chimps know these things and they do not read at all.
Chimps know that murder is bad? Now that is fascinating

The first guy that was murdered? :lol: You are one dumb somebiatch!

You need a book to know these things?

WOW! Fascsinating. Chimps know these things and they do not read at all.

Chimps know these things and they do not read at all.

The first recorded murder that was recognized as murder came from the Bible are you some stupid bitch?

That's retarded. What? you didn't GET IT the first time? You think by reading it again the characters will be different and there will be a different ending?

It's not like it's a movie where you do stand a chance of missing something and you see something new the second time you watch it.

It's a fucking book! It isn't moving! There is nothing preventing you from absorbing EVERYTHING in it.

Your question is stupid.

Yes. It was a good book on how to understand and get along with others. No..I did not need to re-read it. Do I remember every word in it? No..most of the major points and principals.

That IS one book I may re-read if I ever find the time. I read it over 40 years ago.

I may even re-read a bible some day...but having lived as long as I have and seen what idiots have come from obssessing on the "Babble"...I doubt it.

I may re-read "The Profit" some day. I found that book to be one of the more useful "bible type" books I ever read.

So you're saying you're willing to re-read books, in the same thread you said re-reading books was retarded.

I see, now your posts are starting to make more sense.

So you're saying you're willing to re-read books, in the same thread you said re-reading books was retarded.

Some people like me have excellent memories. For me..re-reading anything over and over would be retarded.

Maybe I shouldn't be so judgemental about the abilities of others.

Look...If you HAVE to re-read the bible constantly because you cannot remember what you had for breakfast or are in the habit of forgetting where you last put the car keys.. Or cannot remember what a stop sign means when you do finally start your car..or forget where you fucking live and end up in strangers driveways frequently..then it makes perfect sense to forever be re-reading your fucking stupid fantasy book ..the bible.

I don't really give a rats ass why you have the memory of a fruit fly..It's not my problem and I feel fortunate for that.

Some people like me have excellent memories. For me..re-reading anything over and over would be retarded.

Look...If you HAVE to re-read the bible constantly because you cannot remember what you had for breakfast or are in the habit of forgetting where you last put the car keys.. Or cannot remember what a stop sign means when you do finally start your car..or forget where you fucking live and end up in strangers driveways frequently..then it makes perfect sense to forever be re-reading your fucking stupid fantasy book ..the bible.

I don't really give a rats ass why you have the memory of a fruit fly..It's not my problem and I feel fortunate for that.

You said reading anything more than once, and you just said you're willing to read something more than once.

So all your lame insults that wouldn't even cause a 2nd grader to throw a fit, you can use on yourself as you put yourself in that group.

You said reading anything more than once, and you just said you're willing to read something more than once.

So all your lame insults that wouldn't even cause a 2nd grader to throw a fit, you can use on yourself as you put yourself in that group.

I did?

OH NO!!!!!

Well if I said it ...it must be true. There is nothing left to discuss because I am the final authority on all things.

Thank you for confirming THAT.

It would have been unseemly for me to suggest it was so.

Hey... I don't know how your brain works... maybe your synopsis's take notes with a pen with dissappearing ink. I remember some things PERFECTLY in EVERY detail from reading books by flashlight under the covers eating frozen bluberries when I was 7 years old..even earlier..5 and 6 years old.. That was 55 years ago. What can I say?..I have an excellent memory. I read Poe and Shelly and Stoker back then. When I wasn't reading up on radio repair and photography lab..:lol:

I did?

OH NO!!!!!

Well if I said it ...it must be true. There is nothing left to discuss because I am the final authority on all things.

Hey... I don't know how your brain works... maybe your synopsis's take notes with a pen with dissappearing ink. I remember some things PERFECTLY in EVERY detail from reading books by flashlight under the covers eating frozen bluberries when I was 7 years old..even earlier..5 and 6 years old.. That was 55 years ago. What can I say?..I have an excellent memory. I read Poe and Shelly and Stoker back then. When I wasn't reading up on radio repair and photography lab..:lol:

So are you implying you're a liar?

Did you say re-reading things was retarded?

Did you say you're willing to re-read things?

That's as simple as I can make it. In this very thread you've stated you're willingness to do retarded things, and you exposing yourself in that way gives me a better understanding of your posting in this thread and others.

I did?

OH NO!!!!!

That's as simple as I can make it. In this very thread you've stated you're willingness to do retarded things, and you exposing yourself in that way gives me a better understanding of your posting in this thread and others.

Absolutely! You are a fool and there is nothing I will not say to fuck with your punkin head.

If you come to a place where people with made up names vent and pretend to care about each others venting... looking for truth ...you are pathetic and naive.

I did?

OH NO!!!!!

Absolutely! You are a fool and there is nothing I will not say to fuck with your punkin head.

If you come to a place where people with made up names vent and pretend to care about each others venting... looking for truth ...you are pathetic and naive.

Rest assured I don't come here expecting absolute truths, but kudos to you for your willingness to admit you're a liar.

Rest assured I don't come here expecting absolute truths, but kudos to you for your willingness to admit you're a liar.

Ya...If I stopped posting ...USMB and the internet would be a bastion..nay ..a golden temple of "truthiness"..

BWWWAAAAA....Ha! Ha! Ha!...

What's worse? Telling a lie.. or believing a lie?

Getting back on topic..I don't have to re-read the babble to know it is full of lies.

If I want to be lied to .........I'll buy an 8-ball of coke and hire a hooker. She will tell me anything I want to hear as long as the money and drugs hold out..:lol:

Edgar Cayce just put the thing under his pillow.

I should try that.

Im curious, what does putting it under his pillow accomplish?

Google Bible stops bullet.
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugex....,cf.osb&fp=e0076bedeb17a1a3&biw=1440&bih=799

Man,come on Google search 'bulletproof vest stops bullet'.

I did the search you suggested but I neglected to add the word 'Bible' to the search so i found among other things :
-Htc battery stops bullet saves a mans life
-Droid Incredible stops bullet saves a mans life
-Woman's bra stops a bullet saves her life
-lighter stops a bullet.
etc ...

Why does the 'Bible stops bullet' is more special ?

The first recorded murder that was recognized as murder came from the Bible are you some stupid bitch?

Oh really ?
Even if one would say that the bible is an objective and accurate documentation of historic events (I'm trying my best not to laugh as I type it) Cain killing Able would not be the first recorded murder.
As you know Cain and Able lived a long long long time ago.
The invention writing in was in Egypt around 3200 BC, and as Egyptians were not Jewish, I seriously doubt that the first thing they would write would be the murder of Able that happened thousands of years ago when they have their own murders to document.

Your question is stupid.

How many reference books or research books have you re-read.

But the Bible isn't a reference or research book, it's a story book.

And once you know how a story ends, what's the point in re-reading it?

lol. The Bible is a reference book, a research book, an instruction manual, a history book, a book about the future, a study in ethics, it's a science book, a dissertation on the Creator of mankind, it is a numerical code, a computer code, a love story........
That is why it is necessary to read and reread the Bible, and pray for understanding before you do. And still you won't get through all of the layers it contains, before you meet the Author.
The Bible code for instance, can be researched by anyone that has a computer and a Hebrew dictionary. That code is contained in the Torah.
The thing that intrigued me about the code was, not only were major events throughout history and into the future documented, but lesser things. An Israeli soldier came up missing and the Bible code gave them the location of his body. Other people have found their genealogy in the code. That makes me wonder if the Bible is the Book of Life that Christ opens.

Forum List

Back