How many times have you read the Bible?

How many times have you read the Bible all the way through?

• Total voters
twice.....skull you did not grow up southern baptist lol

from beginning to end

My mother attempted to have me brainwashed into the Catholic church but I wised up by the time I was 8 and refused to go to church from that point on.

Why would anyone read ANY book more than once?

That's retarded. What? you didn't GET IT the first time? You think by reading it again the characters will be different and there will be a different ending?

It's not like it's a movie where you do stand a chance of missing something and you see something new the second time you watch it.

It's a fucking book! It isn't moving! There is nothing preventing you from absorbing EVERYTHING in it.

Your question is stupid.

Ever read the book by possible the greatest leader of American business ever?

"How to win friends and influence people."

he clearly recommends that you read it multiple times.

Only a fool reads a book of knowledge thinking he can one time it.

That's retarded. What? you didn't GET IT the first time? You think by reading it again the characters will be different and there will be a different ending?

It's not like it's a movie where you do stand a chance of missing something and you see something new the second time you watch it.

It's a fucking book! It isn't moving! There is nothing preventing you from absorbing EVERYTHING in it.

Your question is stupid.

The above bolded line shows you've certainly never been in any college level course, hell any college prep high school course.

I sure as hell wish I didn't have to read those books over and over again, but such is learning.

I was brought up in a Baptist home. We went to church services four times on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. We were assigned to read the Bible in Sunday School at an early age, plus my family had discussions about the Bible every night after dinner. But that was a long time ago. so I guessed the number to be somewhere between 3 to 5 times.
Now the church I went to seemed to always focus on the Second Coming of Christ/the Apocalypse , so much of the focus was on the Book of Revaluation. I guess they tried to scare people into being "saved".
That said, I'm sure the New Testament was read at a greater frequency that the entire Bible.

Your question is stupid.

How many reference books or research books have you re-read.

It is very rare that I will re-read something. It happens. If I read a repair or operator manual and the real life object does not seem to match what I remember reading I may on occasion go back to the reference and try to figure out what year or model is the one displayed. I do not re-read the whole fucking manual to sort out one tiny aspect of it.

The one exception that comes to mind is a wiring diagram. When working on a complicated project with maybe a hundred different colors of wires and maybe a thousand connections I will actually print a copy of the diagram and "read it" many times as I sort out the wiring to make a repair. I recently picked up a VW Bus Westfallia and the previous owner had "Mickey Moused" much of the wiring. I probably went back to that diagram a hundred times during the week long repair.

That is not the same thing as a novel or a reference book where there is a continuity and a narative that is written to follow and make sense.

If a novel or reference book was written in code like a wiring diagram I would probably have to read it many times as I deciphered the code. But that isn't how novels, reference books and bibles are written is it..

Your question is stupid.

The above bolded line shows you've certainly never been in any college level course, hell any college prep high school course.

I sure as hell wish I didn't have to read those books over and over again, but such is learning.

I've taken many courses. Machining. programing. modeling. electronics. pilot school..on and on.. Let's take pilot training... dozens of books. I never pull out an old pilot training manual and re-read it.

I may keep a small reference guide for a handy refresher on definitions and terms. Nobody can remember EVERYTHING they have read. Some people can remember ALMOST everything they have read.

Your question is stupid.

But the Bible isn't a reference or research book, it's a story book.

And once you know how a story ends, what's the point in re-reading it?

Your question is stupid.

It is very rare that I will re-read something. It happens. If I read a repair or operator manual and the real life object does not seem to match what I remember reading I may on occasion go back to the reference and try to figure out what year or model is the one displayed. I do not re-read the whole fucking manual to sort out one tiny aspect of it.

The one exception that comes to mind is a wiring diagram. When working on a complicated project with maybe a hundred different colors of wires and maybe a thousand connections I will actually print a copy of the diagram and "read it" many times as I sort out the wiring to make a repair. I recently picked up a VW Bus Westfallia and the previous owner had "Mickey Moused" much of the wiring. I probably went back to that diagram a hundred times during the week long repair.

That is not the same thing as a novel or a reference book where there is a continuity and a narative that is written to follow and make sense.

If a novel or reference book was written in code like a wiring diagram I would probably have to read it many times as I deciphered the code. But that isn't how novels, reference books and bibles are written is it..

The Bible is no different to some and how you view reference books and manuals. The Bible is not just some novel, it does give good advice , like not to steal or murder, not to be indebted to someone, toi be charitable and not to be lazy.

Oh come on Huggy, you've read Mao's "Little Red Book" dozens of times...

The Bible isn't "Green Eggs and Ham," sparky.

Your question is stupid.

That you have a single digit IQ, does not render Avatar's question "stupid."

Last edited:
I've started reading the bible, but couldn't bring myself to keep going for too long. It is not a fun read.

I have read many stories multiple times. It's like watching a movie or tv show again; just because you know how it turns out doesn't mean you can't enjoy the story.

My mother attempted to have me brainwashed into the Catholic church but I wised up by the time I was 8 and refused to go to church from that point on.

Catholics ain't big on Bible reading. In fact, for most of their history, it was prohibited.

Protestants ARE big on it.

I was raised Conservative Baptist, it was a right of passage to read the entire Bible.

Standard Disclaimer: As an adult, it appears becoming an agnostic or Atheist is ALSO a right of passage for Conservative Baptists.

The Bible is no different to some and how you view reference books and manuals. The Bible is not just some novel, it does give good advice , like not to steal or murder, not to be indebted to someone, toi be charitable and not to be lazy.

You need a book to know these things?

WOW! Fascsinating. Chimps know these things and they do not read at all.

Ever read the book by possible the greatest leader of American business ever?

"How to win friends and influence people."

he clearly recommends that you read it multiple times.

Only a fool reads a book of knowledge thinking he can one time it.

Yes. Carnegie is phenomenal. The "Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking" was a companion book I got in Carnegie training.

I heard the ending wasn't so good so I am waiting for it to come out on DVD

You need a book to know these things?

WOW! Fascsinating. Chimps know these things and they do not read at all.

Who came up with the concept murder was bad?

Chimps know these things and they do not read at all.
Chimps know that murder is bad? Now that is fascinating

Forum List

Back