How many people here belive in prophetic visions

I have had a few:

1-I was 5 years old, driving with my dad, sister, brother and I was sitting behind the driver in the back seat with my sister. I leaned forward and asked my dad this “Dad, have you ever been in a car accident?” He stated “no” I then said to him, “Well you’re going to” He turned around to smack me in the head. I guess this is why I remember it because I thought why did he smack me when I only told the truth. Anyway, next morning I see my dad’s head all bandaged up and asked what happened. That night he got in a car accident.

2-had a vision of my grandmother dying. I haven’t seen this grandmother in 20 years. Called my mother to ask her if she was ok, mother said with a chuckle, if your grandmother was ill I’m sure aunt so and so would have called. Well two days later, mother called to say grandmother is dying of cancer, she died 2 months later.

3-Dreamed I was in the presence of God. (this is very detailed and long so I will not go into that) short of it is that he showed me the future (he said also that I will not remember it), and as I was leaving I was very happy because I knew I was going to be fine, then he stopped me and showed me one thing about my mother (again as above he told me I will not remember it what he showed me but only who it was about)I was a little sad I remember but God said, “This will be OK in Time”. Six months later my mother and I stopped talking that was in 1992 and I just started talking to her again this past Christmas. This I believe is what God showed me.

4-Saw a car accident with 4 boys, No faces but rather they were in High School. I had two son’s in high school at the time. I took the car keys from them for a week. Two days after I took the keys, they came home and told me that 4 boys in their school, (3 in their class room) died in a car accident

5-Got one word out of nowhere that was “Pearl” Had no idea what it meant. Ask husband, did you buy me pearls for Christmas or something? He stated no. It bothered me for 4 days because it was very strong. It was almost like if it was yelled at me but not in words. Anyway, it hit me that I had an Aunt named Pearl, (father’s side of family same as grandmother that I saw die, so we were never close) I called my niece and asked her if she had anyone of their phone numbers so I can call and check. I got a number, called and she had just died of Lung Cancer.

6-Had a awake vision (like looking through a peephole of a door) two men, with their cars (SUV and small Toyota truck, older)parked on the side of a road, headlight to headlight, they standing in front of those cars looking down. Both had a hat on, they were talking, one very nervous the other self assured. They turned and I got a look at their faces. About a week later I was watching the news, and while I heard about a murder case a little, I never saw the pictures of the suspect or victim. When I saw the suspect on TV, I knew it was him who I saw in my awakened vision. There is more, but will not speak about it.

7-I was 7mths pregnant with my 3rd child. I dreamed I was inside my womb comforting my child to come out because he was scared and didn't want to come out. During delivery he kept crowning and then going back in. This went on for 30 minutes. I had 5 doctors in the room, and none of them saw anything like that in thier practice they said. I never told anyone about that one.

How do I know when to trust them or know if they are? It’s very hard to explain but I will try. It’s close to that mother intuition but it’s not. It usually comes out of nowhere, and I haven’t any conscience thoughts about anything. Where my mind is just blank. Its different, strong, and you just know to pay attention and that’s when the puzzle starts in trying to figure it out. Usually it’s not until afterwards when I learn what I saw or heard is something prophetic, if you want to call it that.

Last edited:
Tell me then Bull Shitter......

Why is it that Joseph Smith was unable on occasion to duplicate what he'd said that he'd read, the fucking night before?Why do you have to speak like such an adolescent punk?
I assume you are referring to the lost 116 pages of manuscript that Martin Harris didn't take care of. Obviously you don't know that he didn't even try to duplicate the translation of the beginning portion of the book of Lehi. Because the people plotting to destroy him had kept the writings and had changed them so that if Joseph retranslated the writings, they were going to publish the tainted original to make it look contradictory to what Joseph reprinted.
So you got it wrong. He didn't try to retranslate what he had done previously. He just moved on with the rest of the book.

When God writes things, it sticks. Remember the finger of fire writing "Mene Mene Tekel" on the brick wall?I don't know what you mean by them sticking... but when God wrote the ten commandments, they didn't stick around forever. The original writings of the prophets in the Bible were never written twice by their authors, so God wouldn't have Joseph re-translate the lost 116 pages of manuscript.
As God said "I will not suffer that Satan shall accomplish his design in this thing. I will show unto you that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil. For I am able to do mine own work. Therefore thou shalt not translate those things which were written again.

Try again douchebag.........Try what again? I am not trying to convert anybody.:eusa_whistle:

Here is a shorter bit to remember TS.

1 John Chapter 4:1-8

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
Agree, you know your vision is from God, because usually you feel that peace, that love. Even though some of mine were about pending death, they were given to me I believe to comfort those that are or will have a hard time.

With my grandmother's vision upon her death, I actually was flying with what I call an angel, although that angel always was behind me and I couldn't see. I was flying and everything contridictied itself. Very fast, but so slow you can see everything like if time stood still. Very bright colors of which no earthly words can describe.

I was shown what the bible says "Green Pastures" Why was I shown this? I learned that answer because I went to visit my grandmother before she died. She had her bible by her side and always read her bible daily. I told her what I saw (The Green Pastures) she smiled at me and nodded.

After I left and she died, I learned that she told my aunt that I was to be given her bible. To me that was conformation that what I was shown was to comfort my grandmother. I think she saw the same thing or something because without words her eyes told me she saw what I saw. Reading this sounds so "I'm crazy" but I assure you I am not. I do not seek to use any gifts to prove myself to have a gift or crap like that.

If it's of God, you know it and won't have any doubt for I always feel that inner peace (which is also hard to explain).

In some religions talking about your visions with anyone other than a spiritual elder is considered in advisable.

The belief is that pride dilutes blessings.

If a religions holds that as a blanket belief then I think that is because the priests want more power and control over the minds of their paritioners. Revelations are personal things and if they are from God, part of that revelation will be instructions on who to tell about the revelations whether it be many, few or no one.

No. You missed my point. Pride is a big problem in spiritual development.

Some people think their 'far out experiences' are the be-all and end-all and they get completely full of themselves and off track.

I would agree with you then.

When I get one of these, I write it down. I don't talk about it, and for some reason I don't know why I am now because usually I don't. I'm very cautious of this and never ever want to abuse, take forgranted or fall off "Track"

I'll end now for if those that have had them they will know, those who haven't will not understand. I'm not going to try and convience anyone of anything. I know what my experiences have been and in great detail for there is no way to forget some of them.

The one I wrote about breifly above with being in the Presence of God? Well all I want to say was at the time I had this, even though I have read the bible I was still ignorant and didn't make the correlation in my vision and what scriptures talk about like David's. My sister showed me just how my vision and the detail was from GOD, she pointed out how David and other Bibical visionaries had the same experiences like I did. Example:They could not face God, Stand on their feet, fell at Gods Feet.etc...same in mine.

Anyway, I'm blushing because I've shared something that I would normally never ever share.

Last edited:
When I get one of these, I write it down. I don't talk about it, and for some reason I don't know why I am now because usually I don't. I'm very cautious of this and never ever want to abuse, take forgranted or fall off "Track"

I'll end now for if those that have had them they will know, those who haven't will not understand. I'm not going to try and convience anyone of anything. I know what my experiences have been and in great detail for there is no way to forget some of them.

The one I wrote about breifly above with being in the Presence of God? Well all I want to say was at the time I had this, even though I have read the bible I was still ignorant and didn't make the correlation in my vision and what scriptures talk about like David's. My sister showed me just how my vision and the detail was from GOD, she pointed out how David and other Bibical visionaries had the same experiences like I did. Example:They could not face God, Stand on their feet, fell at Gods Feet.etc...same in mine.

Anyway, I'm blushing because I've shared something that I would normally never ever share.

Well, I hope your interpretation of your vision brings you enlightenment in your life. If I were you I would pray to know more about the reason I was shown such things and how they can make me a better person and help better others too. I believe the more you pray, the more you are shown. Also pray for instruction on when and how much to relate to others.

Forum List

Back