How many people here belive in prophetic visions

Dreams are the easiest way to access visionary info.

When you sleep, your subconscious becomes your conscious.

Developing lucid consciousness while dreaming is a way to see how dream-like waking reality actually is.

If you gain control over your dream state, then you no longer experience waking phenomena in the same way again.

"When the iron bird flies, and the iron horse run on wheels, the Tibetan people will be scattered like ants across the world, and the Dharma will come to the land of the red faced people.”

(Padma Sambhava, eighth-century founder of the first Tibetan monastry)

Iron horse was another term that refers to trains.

When the Iron birds fly it's going to be a real bitch getting their scat off your car. Ergo, the wise is the man who finds off-street parking under an enclosed shelter.

(editec-the-farsighted-seer, founder of the Maine's smallest community of 21st century American Cynics and car detailers)

Developing lucid consciousness while dreaming is a way to see how dream-like waking reality actually is.

If you gain control over your dream state, then you no longer experience waking phenomena in the same way again.

I'm still trying to develop lucid consciousness while being conscious.

My subconscious' lucidity is its own affair.

LOL How true that is. Most of us are still trying to have lucid consciousness while being 'awake'.

I am wondering how many believers here believe in prophetic visions?

Have you ever had any that you know of?

Do you know how to tell if they are real?

Prophetic visions as in visions that give you prophesy of the future kind of thing, via a Prophet or angel in vision?

Well, my sister and I were children, living in Italy...i think i was 10 and she was 12 at the time...

My American grandfather living in Pensacola at the time, on his way to work in Alabam on a bridge he was building, and he got in to a serious car accident, went in to a coma.

The Air Force, flew dad home to see him as soon as we got the cable telling him about his dad's bad accident. We did not have a personal phone in our house, nor did we have one the 3 years living there!!! :eek:

Anyway, dad stayed a week and grandpa never came out of the coma so dad came home...

3 weeks later, my sister, who shared a room with me, woke me up and said to me, Grandpa's dead......I said, what? And she again said, Grandpa's dead.

I said, how do you know, and she said, I just do....I saw him.

We went to my parents room and woke them up and my sister told them the story and they assured her and me, that this was NOT the case and she just had a bad dream.

The next after noon dad got a cable from his mom stating that his father passed on...was dead, and the time he died was right at the time or shortly before, my sister woke up, the previous night.

This has happened several times with my sister, she continued with that gift....she had a girlfriend who was bipolar, taking meds, married with 4 children....she stopped taking her meds and killed herself. My sister again, got the preminition, and told me that she thinks her friend is dead...she calls her friend and gets no answer, we lived in New Jersey at the time and her friend lived in Maryland...two days later, her friends husband calls to tell her that her friend committed suicide, two days earlier, the time of my sis's preminition.

There are several other cases where this has happened to my sister.

And I got the gift as well, only not as strong as she has it....

But one night, the Comptroller of the company i worked for called me at 3:30 in the morning...there was no caller id back then, but immediately i knew something was wrong as matthew reached for the phone....but who wouldn't getting a call at 3:30 am in the morning you are thinking...right? Well, in an instant, and i do not even know why this came to me, i said to my husband, Jerry is dead. (Jerry was one of my regional shoe managers that traveled to our stores to make certain they had their displays set up according to the corporate plan...)

And low and behold it was our comptroller on the phone asking for me....so matt passed the phone and Mike said, "Jerry is dead, he was in a car accident with Scott, (another employee of mine), who was driving, and they both were drunk...scott is ok, he was wearing his seatbelt and had an airbag, Jerry was not wearing his seatbelt and was expelled from the car through the sunroof.

So, I do not know why i knew Jerry was dead, but i knew before i was told it by mike and my husband heard me say it, before mike told us....so my gift is not as strong as my sister's who seems to get outright visits from the spirit of the body that has died.

weird huh? you ain't telling me something new, i know it is weird, but the truth, none the less...

care

In my teens and twenties I may have thought it different Care, but when I used to awake to recall visions/dreams I thought I was just a weird one and had weird dreams because it was not something that was ever talked about.

I do honestly believe that these are these gifts are kept safely stashed away for safe keeping.

Some call it intuition yet there is so much more to it that we often fail to realize. It is all a part of growing into what we were created to be.

Do your homework and then you should be able to answer that question for yourself.

It is not my homework to read your mind. What problem do you have with the Prophet Joseph Smith? If you believe the Bible then believe 18:22When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Joseph's prophecies have either come true or are coming true. You simply can't denounce a man as a false prophet without knowing what he said and did.
here's a sample. Over 27 years in advance of the Civil War.

THE
DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS
OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS
SECTION 87
Revelation and prophecy on war, given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, December 25, 1832. HC 1: 301–302. This section was received at a time when the brethren were reflecting and reasoning upon African slavery on the American continent and the slavery of the children of men throughout the world.
1–4, War foretold between the Northern States and the Southern States; 5–8, Great calamities shall fall upon all the inhabitants of the earth.
1 Verily, thus saith the Lord concerning the wars that will shortly come to pass, beginning at the rebellion of South Carolina, which will eventually terminate in the death and misery of many souls;
2 And the time will come that war will be poured out upon all nations, beginning at this place.
3 For behold, the Southern States shall be divided against the Northern States, and the Southern States will call on other nations, even the nation of Great Britain, as it is called, and they shall also call upon other nations, in order to defend themselves against other nations; and then war shall be poured out upon all nations.
4 And it shall come to pass, after many days, slaves shall rise up against their masters, who shall be marshaled and disciplined for war.
5 And it shall come to pass also that the remnants who are left of the land will marshal themselves, and shall become exceedingly angry, and shall vex the Gentiles with a sore vexation.
6 And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full fend of all nations;
7 That the cry of the saints, and of the blood of the saints, shall cease to come up into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, from the earth, to be avenged of their enemies.
8 Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen.

If you think that any part of this prophecy is a fanciful guess then I am sorry to say, you must be in huge amounts of denial. Because no one is that stupid to think you can guess such detail.

Wanna try and disprove it? see the link below.

A War on the Civil War Prophecy - Literally fulfilled
You seem to wish to contend with me over your own precepts. I already told you when someone decided the color of the hair of angels that was enough for me. I have no desire to contend with you or waste my time doing so.

The Bible already set the criteria for the determination of who is or not a prophet. You wish to add to that to justify pushing your religion and attempting to say something to another I did not say.

Again, I have no interest at this time in reading any further about JS. I am not interested in playing witch hunt with you either.

You started a thread for battling or defending your religion. You should have the curteousy to keep it in that thread. If I get the notion to argue with you I'll head over to your thread.

Look, what some people here fail to see is that if someone attacks my view on a subject then I will defend it. Isn't that what the forum is about?

The topic is do any of us believe in prophetic visions. If so what are the qualifications for those visions to be of God.

Just because I answer those questions and give an example(Joseph Smith) of what I believe doesn't mean I am off topic.

You all don't get it do you? I am not pushing Joseph on you. I'll copy and paste it again. I am not pushing Joseph on you. But don't just dismiss him as though he is not relevant to the discussion. Everyone is free to believe whatever the hell they want. You don't have to believe in his manifestations of prophecy.
I am not here to convince you to think my way, but to understand why I think the way I do. When people disagree with my views, the responsible thing to do would be to say, I don't agree with you and here is why. Fair enough, on to the next topic. I haven't heard a responsible disagreement to my statements yet.

LOL How true that is. Most of us are still trying to have lucid consciousness while being 'awake'.
That would depend on what you understand as being awake. For those who sleep in the dust of the earth believe this is it and that is all there is.

Hey TS--

What if no one has a problem with Joseph Smith--other than not recognizing him as a prophet? He's certainly the founder of your faith, and he had a lot of 'far out' experiences, but for some people that's not enough to call him a prophet or call his musings a vision, that's all.

It doesn't matter if other people don't buy your faith, does it? Who it should and does matters to are Mormons.

Certainly, you are right. But if another Christian claims to set the qualifications for a prophet, and Joseph fits those qualifications, then that Christian is a hypocrite by denouncing Joseph, a hard core Christian, simply because "he's a false prophet" doesn't make any sense.

People need to make up their own mind as to what is a prophet of God and how does he get his authority to speak for God. This isn't at all about what organized religion we belong to. It is about what you the individual really believe.

Is it wise to argue with other Christians? Mormons are Christians too?

Certainly, plenty of people disagree about what God is. And plenty of people disagree about whether Christ was God, God and Man, or just a man--a prophet.

Exactly my point. Since we all seem to interpret religion and God differently it would makes sense to hear the others point of view for edification, even when we disagree.

In some religions talking about your visions with anyone other than a spiritual elder is considered in advisable.

The belief is that pride dilutes blessings.

Yo, Bullshitter that calls himself TruthSpeaker............

Ya wanna know what the criteria is for a true prophet?

I'll give ya a hint........it's in the Old Testament, as well as the Torah. You know, that collection of old books that had LOTS of prophets?

As God's Chosen People, (who deserved it because of what their forefather Abraham did), I think they'd know best who is and isn't a prophet. I've also noticed that your cult kinda ends up stealing a lot of stuff from the Jews.

Kinda fucked up, don't ya think?

Now then......if you cherry pick what you want, and what you don't, you're not a true prophet.....you're just a poser. True prophets allow themselves to be seen warts and all, sins, as well as their redemption, because the most valuable people to God, are the ones that have gone too far in one direction or the other (Satan's sin was that he ended up going beyond the job assigned), and end up sinning. But, the thing that makes them so loved by God is that they figure out where they went wrong, ask for forgiveness, dig themselves out of the hole, and then end up teaching others how to do it if they end up in the same place. If you want to know what the name for a person is, who does that, it's called "Tzadik", which means righteous person.

So........because that douchebag that you call a prophet cherry picked, he's a poser.

Peel off the outer layer of self righteous bullshit, and you're gonna find out it's kinda like peeling a balloon.

There's nothing there.

Which, incidentally, is why I hold your religion in the same esteem that I hold others like

Scientology,
Islam,
and of course, Moronism.

Believe the lie if you wanna, but, I'm not buying.

Well, then please.... Help me see the light. Please for once, finally give me a specific of what the douchebag cherry picked and why it would be bad to do so. Your uber specific argument has finally convinced me of the error of my ways. Please forgive me God:eusa_pray:

"When the iron bird flies, and the iron horse run on wheels, the Tibetan people will be scattered like ants across the world, and the Dharma will come to the land of the red faced people.”

(Padma Sambhava, eighth-century founder of the first Tibetan monastry)

Iron horse was another term that refers to trains.

When the Iron birds fly it's going to be a real bitch getting their scat off your car. Ergo, the wise is the man who finds off-street parking under an enclosed shelter.

(editec-the-farsighted-seer, founder of the Maine's smallest community of 21st century American Cynics and car detailers)

He who hath an ear to hear, let him hear wisdom. A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn. His posterity shall be blessed.

I am wondering how many believers here believe in prophetic visions?

Have you ever had any that you know of?

Do you know how to tell if they are real?

Prophetic visions as in visions that give you prophesy of the future kind of thing, via a Prophet or angel in vision?

Well, my sister and I were children, living in Italy...i think i was 10 and she was 12 at the time...

My American grandfather living in Pensacola at the time, on his way to work in Alabam on a bridge he was building, and he got in to a serious car accident, went in to a coma.

The Air Force, flew dad home to see him as soon as we got the cable telling him about his dad's bad accident. We did not have a personal phone in our house, nor did we have one the 3 years living there!!! :eek:

Anyway, dad stayed a week and grandpa never came out of the coma so dad came home...

3 weeks later, my sister, who shared a room with me, woke me up and said to me, Grandpa's dead......I said, what? And she again said, Grandpa's dead.

I said, how do you know, and she said, I just do....I saw him.

We went to my parents room and woke them up and my sister told them the story and they assured her and me, that this was NOT the case and she just had a bad dream.

The next after noon dad got a cable from his mom stating that his father passed on...was dead, and the time he died was right at the time or shortly before, my sister woke up, the previous night.

This has happened several times with my sister, she continued with that gift....she had a girlfriend who was bipolar, taking meds, married with 4 children....she stopped taking her meds and killed herself. My sister again, got the preminition, and told me that she thinks her friend is dead...she calls her friend and gets no answer, we lived in New Jersey at the time and her friend lived in Maryland...two days later, her friends husband calls to tell her that her friend committed suicide, two days earlier, the time of my sis's preminition.

There are several other cases where this has happened to my sister.

And I got the gift as well, only not as strong as she has it....

But one night, the Comptroller of the company i worked for called me at 3:30 in the morning...there was no caller id back then, but immediately i knew something was wrong as matthew reached for the phone....but who wouldn't getting a call at 3:30 am in the morning you are thinking...right? Well, in an instant, and i do not even know why this came to me, i said to my husband, Jerry is dead. (Jerry was one of my regional shoe managers that traveled to our stores to make certain they had their displays set up according to the corporate plan...)

And low and behold it was our comptroller on the phone asking for me....so matt passed the phone and Mike said, "Jerry is dead, he was in a car accident with Scott, (another employee of mine), who was driving, and they both were drunk...scott is ok, he was wearing his seatbelt and had an airbag, Jerry was not wearing his seatbelt and was expelled from the car through the sunroof.

So, I do not know why i knew Jerry was dead, but i knew before i was told it by mike and my husband heard me say it, before mike told us....so my gift is not as strong as my sister's who seems to get outright visits from the spirit of the body that has died.

weird huh? you ain't telling me something new, i know it is weird, but the truth, none the less...

care

It is the truth and I believe people do see glances into the future. But if this is were happening to me, I would be praying really hard asking the meaning of the things I saw and how will it help me or others progress.

In some religions talking about your visions with anyone other than a spiritual elder is considered in advisable.

If a religions holds that as a blanket belief then I think that is because the priests want more power and control over the minds of their paritioners. Revelations are personal things and if they are from God, part of that revelation will be instructions on who to tell about the revelations whether it be many, few or no one.

Pride does dilute blessing, we are taught, basically, the same thing...we should not boast.

Look, what some people here fail to see is that if someone attacks my view on a subject then I will defend it. Isn't that what the forum is about?

The topic is do any of us believe in prophetic visions. If so what are the qualifications for those visions to be of God.

Just because I answer those questions and give an example(Joseph Smith) of what I believe doesn't mean I am off topic.

You all don't get it do you? I am not pushing Joseph on you. I'll copy and paste it again. I am not pushing Joseph on you. But don't just dismiss him as though he is not relevant to the discussion. Everyone is free to believe whatever the hell they want. You don't have to believe in his manifestations of prophecy.
I am not here to convince you to think my way, but to understand why I think the way I do. When people disagree with my views, the responsible thing to do would be to say, I don't agree with you and here is why. Fair enough, on to the next topic. I haven't heard a responsible disagreement to my statements yet.

You gave your opinion with a long rambling paste and cut of what you believe. I told in a a very short application why. Then I declined to carry on with your request in this thread to dispute your copy/paste post of what JS and his coherts did as there is no reasonable edification to the spirit in doing so.

You are the one that does not seem to get that at the moment.

Your own words are contrary and you cannot even see that.

I do fully understand why you think the way you do.

Tell me then Bull Shitter......

Why is it that Joseph Smith was unable on occasion to duplicate what he'd said that he'd read, the fucking night before?

When God writes things, it sticks. Remember the finger of fire writing "Mene Mene Tekel" on the brick wall?

Try again douchebag..........

I once had a dream about a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in two years. In the dream he was wearing a bright yellow shirt. I woke up and wondered why I had such a dream. That night he showed up at our house wearing a bright yellow shirt.

To quote the cowardly lion.......

I do believe in spooks, I do, I do believe in spooks!

If a religions holds that as a blanket belief then I think that is because the priests want more power and control over the minds of their paritioners. Revelations are personal things and if they are from God, part of that revelation will be instructions on who to tell about the revelations whether it be many, few or no one.

No. You missed my point. Pride is a big problem in spiritual development.

Some people think their 'far out experiences' are the be-all and end-all and they get completely full of themselves and off track.

You gave your opinion with a long rambling paste and cut of what you believe. I told in a a very short application why. Then I declined to carry on with your request in this thread to dispute your copy/paste post of what JS and his coherts did as there is no reasonable edification to the spirit in doing so.

You are the one that does not seem to get that at the moment.

Your own words are contrary and you cannot even see that.

I do fully understand why you think the way you do.

How are my words contrary. If I don't see it, then please help me, because the last thing I want to do is contradict myself. There you go, I am vulnerable.

Forum List

Back