How many people here belive in prophetic visions

I am wondering how many believers here believe in prophetic visions?

Have you ever had any that you know of?

Do you know how to tell if they are real?

I knew the Iraq War was a stupid idea, that we wouldn't be treated as liberators, I knew Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy wouldn't usher in an era of economic nirvana, I knew that wall street and "free markets" couldn't be left alone to self-police themselves, and I knew years ago that George Dumbya Bush was going to be one of the worst presidents in history.

Does that make me a prophet?

Prophetic Dreams are very real. they don't happen to everybody though. It also depends on if you are asking about visions that ACTUALLY come from God and are not hallucinations or smokescreens of the devil. Also if it is a prophetic dream, it will have a purpose and come to a prophet.

Prophetic Dreams are very real. they don't happen to everybody though. It also depends on if you are asking about visions that ACTUALLY come from God and are not hallucinations or smokescreens of the devil. Also if it is a prophetic dream, it will have a purpose and come to a prophet.

I don't think I'm a profit. I think I'm psycho....I mean psychic. :lol:

Prophesy is one of the gifts listed in scripture. God sends prophets to tell his people the truth; foretelling future events is an occasional byproduct.

I don't recall having a "vision", though I have spoken in the spirit, and while telling men the truth, foretold several things that everyone who heard me were sure were impossible. Everything I foretold happened. The whole experience was both terrifying and empowering.

The scriptural test of prophesy is kind of catch-22ish. If a prophesy is true, it is from God.

I've had dreams that became real. I know my grandfather could tell when someone in our family was going to die. He would never say who it was...but sure enough within a few days, someone passed.

I knew the Iraq War was a stupid idea, that we wouldn't be treated as liberators, I knew Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy wouldn't usher in an era of economic nirvana, I knew that wall street and "free markets" couldn't be left alone to self-police themselves, and I knew years ago that George Dumbya Bush was going to be one of the worst presidents in history.

Does that make me a prophet?
More like observant.

I know where they come from. Never been into drugs. Knowing how real the Spirit is, I have questioned at times if the whole flesh thing is some sort of hallucination/nightmare though.

I am not sure people always are allowed to recall visions and dreams. I believe many are hidden and only revealed to serve God's purpose.

I questioned heavily the one I put in the previous post to understand if it was real or was I just being weird. At the time I saw that I had not read the OT for years and years. The name Omri did not ring a bell with me at all. So I went searching in the Bible to see what it was all about.

Here is was I have learned. If it matches up with what is written in the Bible it is of God. In these dreams/visions there is no shadows and everything exudes light there is no darkness.

I suggest you read the bible. Such visions are the work of the Devil in almost every case.
Suggestion noted. I think you are in error and give the devil to much credit.

I've had dreams that became real. I know my grandfather could tell when someone in our family was going to die. He would never say who it was...but sure enough within a few days, someone passed.
My grandfather was special too. I was shown in the spirit a good friend dancing. The next day her husband called to tell us she had passed then the dream made sense.

Prophesy is one of the gifts listed in scripture. God sends prophets to tell his people the truth; foretelling future events is an occasional byproduct.

I don't recall having a "vision", though I have spoken in the spirit, and while telling men the truth, foretold several things that everyone who heard me were sure were impossible. Everything I foretold happened. The whole experience was both terrifying and empowering.

The scriptural test of prophesy is kind of catch-22ish. If a prophesy is true, it is from God.
A piece and a portion to hold onto. Nice!

I suggest you read the bible. Such visions are the work of the Devil in almost every case.

I think you are wrong. God does not pass out revelation and prophecy as candy. The Bible is clear that such events are generally evil in intent and products of Satan.

Ohh and to be clear Satan can be as light and airy as he wants to be. He can even tell the truth in an effort to later deceive you. He knows scripture just as well as any prophet of God.

Deuteronomy 18: 10-12

I think you are wrong. God does not pass out revelation and prophecy as candy. The Bible is clear that such events are generally evil in intent and products of Satan.

Ohh and to be clear Satan can be as light and airy as he wants to be. He can even tell the truth in an effort to later deceive you. He knows scripture just as well as any prophet of God.

There is one place the devil can not go but you have not learn that yet have you?

And I say as my Lord has already said, The kingdom of Heaven is within you.

You are being very presumptious for whatever reason you may have. Then again the Lord did say, "my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways".

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Joel: 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

If you are going to spout off verses at the very least take the time to put in the links so people here know what you are trying to get at.

There is one place the devil can not go but you have not learn that yet have you?

And I say as my Lord has already said, The kingdom of Heaven is within you.

You are being very presumptious for whatever reason you may have. Then again the Lord did say, "my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways".

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Joel: 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

If you are going to spout off verses at the very least take the time to put in the links so people here know what you are trying to get at.

You need a link to the bible? Give me a break. Sounds more and more like you are blowing smoke up someones ass and getting upset at being caught at it. I have an idea? BUY your own Bible.

You need a link to the bible? Give me a break. Sounds more and more like you are blowing smoke up someones ass and getting upset at being caught at it. I have an idea? BUY your own Bible.
You obviously do not comprehend English or the Bible very well do you.

C'mon Kit-- Don't be so damn literal. Had steel been invented in the eigth century? I don't think so.

Ms Kaboodle.

Yes it was and used in Asia, Mid East, India etc.

The first mention of steel being invented was in the 13th century. Can we have some levity here? While there were alloys used in antiquity prior to the 13th century metals were not commonly called steel in the eighth century in Tibet.

The prophecy still fits and is relevant to the OP.

Steel is an english word.

"The English word steel and the German Stahl are derived from Stahal in Old High German (~l1th century AD) and contain the reconstituted Indo-European root *sta which can be found in the German verb "stehen /stand" or in English "to stand", and related to the Sanskrit stakati, which means: "it resists". The same root is used in Nordic languages and in modem Russian, Polish, etc. In Celtic languages the same root is generally used, e.g., stailin but other words meaning force or hardness are also found, e.g., dir in Breton. In French, acier is derived from the Latin acies which means cutting edge or point of an arrow. The same root is used in all Latin based languages: Spanish, Italian, etc. Diderot explained that Pliny used acies to represent the word chalybs, i.e., steel in ancient Greek."
http://www.infinityfoundation.com/mandala/t_es/t_es_agraw_wootz.htm

Last edited:

I have no choice but to believe in them.

I have seen one unfold in my own life.

I haven't a clue what it all means, of course.

But having witnessed a prophetic visionary accurately predicting something very specific which in fact happened, and knowing that that person had absolutely NO REASON to have known beforehand who the person was she was speaking to, I have no choice but to tell you that something truly weird is afoot.

Incidently, I never belied in this kind of crap before, and pay abolutely no attention to those media prophets, Nostradomus and such tripe, even now.

As far as I'm concerned even if there are real prophets, mankind is better off ignoring them, their predictions and so forth.

If magic of some kind exists, avoid it.

Life is already difficult enough just keeping track of what exists in the known universe.

Delving into things that are beyond understanding is, I think, a perilous misadventure.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back