How many of you will cheat on your state use taxes this year?

Select which best applies to you

• My state does not impose a use tax

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I will pay the use tax I owe

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I will pay only part of the use tax I owe, because I want more money

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will pay only part of the use tax I owe, because I'm not sure exactly what I owe

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I will not pay any of the use tax

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
True story>> Years ago I purchased something @ Costco in TN and paid 8% sales tax on the item.
After I returned home I found the item was defective and brought it back to my local Costco. Did my local Costco refund me the 8% sales tax?
No.

When I worked the return desk at Kmart in my youth, I had that happen once. The person was pissed. I hope you were nicer and realized it was not the cashiers fault. :D

Of course I didn't blame the cashier.
I did fire off a letter to Costco HQ and they refunded me the 8% :D

There was a poll last November that should answer you question. 47 percent won't cheat at all. 4 percent will cheat. In total 51 percent would cheat if they actually paid taxes.

Is this something the Democrats cooked up because they don't think we pay enough in taxes already.

We somehow don't pay our fair share...

Is this something the Democrats cooked up because they don't think we pay enough in taxes already.

We somehow don't pay our fair share...

I live in Louisiana. We have a use tax. We also have a Republican governor and a Republic legislature. Your theory is thus proven wrong.

What is a use tax?

I pay all the taxes I owe.
I like to stay out of trouble.

It is for purchases of consumer goods for use in your home state that have not already been taxed by your state. So, for instance, if you buy from amazon and its shipped from out of state, you must figure the tax yourself.

22 states have them. There would be a line on the tax form if your state has one.

Why so curious, do you pay yours?
Seems that this would be one of those taxes that the state passes and hopes for the best, since they would have no idea what you have spent online, unless the online retailer sends a report to the state. At least for now, I do not believe the state does.

What is a use tax?

I pay all the taxes I owe.
I like to stay out of trouble.

It is for purchases of consumer goods for use in your home state that have not already been taxed by your state. So, for instance, if you buy from amazon and its shipped from out of state, you must figure the tax yourself.

22 states have them. There would be a line on the tax form if your state has one.

yes. And those who do not are cheating me, I consider it no different than if they had cheated me directly and personally.

This is where I got that from... Just to be sure you would want anyone who didn't abide by slavery related laws to have their guns taken away, right?

So you won't pay the use tax even if you owe it? Or do you just not buy anything online or through mail order that doesn't ship from your home state?
Fuck off...Come and get me.

So you're not a law abiding citizen.

Its OK if we restrict your gun rights then, right? Since you aren't law abiding.

yes. And those who do not are cheating me, I consider it no different than if they had cheated me directly and personally.

Good. I enjoy the fact that you feel cheated but that's always been a Negro thing anyway ~shrug~

Forum List

Back