How low will Bush's approval rating go?

With an 8 percent approval rating the dem controlled Congress is expected to pick up seats in both houses in November.

Can someone explain that?

i dont think anyone can... probably lack of choices, people are sick of bush and republicans but seeing whats going on currently god only knows what will happen in the election :doubt:

I love this bullshit about how the Democrats run Congress. Yes, they have more power than the Republicans, but they can't do whatever they want. Its called filibuster, having a very very slim majority in the Senate, and a Republican president.[/QUOTE

sounds like a bona fide whine to me. yessirree!

Why is Bush approval rating 10% higher than Congress. That should speak volume. If Bush approval rate in Aug 08 was in the low 30s, why is Congress in the late teens?

Republicans hate congress because it is led by democrats. Democrats hate Congress because the Dems said they would end the war and stand up to Bush and instead they write him a check for 88 billion dollars for Iraq every couple months. Add those together, you get a very low approval rating.

This bailout/stock market crash will have to have some effect on Bush's ratings. I am wondering if they will drop below 20 percent. What you guys think?

The weird thing is that Bush's approval rating has been around 30% for over a year. And the proportion of registered republicans in this country is around 33% of the population.

Which suggests that, no matter what republicans tell you on message boards, the overwhelming number of them still think Bush is doing a good job.

The weird thing is that Bush's approval rating has been around 30% for over a year. And the proportion of registered republicans in this country is around 33% of the population.

Which suggests that, no matter what republicans tell you on message boards, the overwhelming number of them still think Bush is doing a good job.

A lot of so-called Republicans callers on the radio disapprove Bush. Nobody should agree with him. I do not see why 2/3 of Democrats and 1/3 of Republicans would listen to Bush calls of a bailout. The guys that will be managing the $700 billion bailout are the ones who dropped the ball the last couple of years. Paulson, Bernarnke, screw them. What makes us think they can fix this problem when they couldn't even stop it from happening in the first place. Paulson use to be a Wall Street Exec and appointed in 2006.

A lot of so-called Republicans callers on the radio disapprove Bush. Nobody should agree with him. I do not see why 2/3 of Democrats and 1/3 of Republicans would listen to Bush calls of a bailout. The guys that will be managing the $700 billion bailout are the ones who dropped the ball the last couple of years. Paulson, Bernarnke, screw them. What makes us think they can fix this problem when they couldn't even stop it from happening in the first place. Paulson use to be a Wall Street Exec and appointed in 2006.

I'm amazed too----the Dems have been calling Bush every name in the book that is synonomous with stupid and evil yet they try to push HIS proposal through Congress ??? :wtf:

I'm amazed too----the Dems have been calling Bush every name in the book that is synonomous with stupid and evil yet they try to push HIS proposal through Congress ??? :wtf:

They all get donations from the same snakes asking for the bailouts. Why do big corporations donate a percentage to Presidential candidates? Because when the economic times are down, their buddies in Washington will lift them up. By looking at the approval rating of the Legislative and Executive branch, American lost faith. But according to the media, we get excited over certain political parties. The same party that is talking shit about the last eight years is now supporting Bush's call for bailing out the failure of Wall Street.

They all get donations from the same snakes asking for the bailouts. Why do big corporations donate a percentage to Presidential candidates? Because when the economic times are down, their buddies in Washington will lift them up. By looking at the approval rating of the Legislative and Executive branch, American lost faith. But according to the media, we get excited over certain political parties. The same party that is talking shit about the last eight years is now supporting Bush's call for bailing out the failure of Wall Street.

Gotta love the irony. There's something MIGHTY FISHY when the dems are just dying to push a Bush proposal though. Makes me want see it fail when BOTH parties are now trying to pass it. What is it that are they afraid we might learn ?

throw in NON-AMERICANS and his approval rating is less than 0% would be my guess.

This bailout/stock market crash will have to have some effect on Bush's ratings. I am wondering if they will drop below 20 percent. What you guys think?

Probably not as low as the Democratically controlled congres... LOL

I love this bullshit about how the Democrats run Congress. Yes, they have more power than the Republicans, but they can't do whatever they want. Its called filibuster, having a very very slim majority in the Senate, and a Republican president.

FYI, Democrats have enough votes to pass the bailout if just the Democrats vote for it... they don't need the Republicans for anything so how do you explain your position?

FYI, Democrats have enough votes to pass the bailout if just the Democrats vote for it... they don't need the Republicans for anything so how do you explain your position?

Democrats simply do not want to get caught bailing out their buddies at wall street. There was no filibuster.

No, actually they don't. Its called a filibuster and it requires 60 votes to break it in the Senate.

No, actually they don't. Its called a filibuster and it requires 60 votes to break it in the Senate.

It was defeated in the house you dumb shit. And there was no filibuster. But hey nice try at deflection.

Kinda like the fact that Bush is one man yet has higher approval ratings then a do nothing Democratic Congress and that is some how the Republicans fault. Get a new story this one is old and tattered even for you.

It was defeated in the house you dumb shit. And there was no filibuster. But hey nice try at deflection.

The claim was.

Which is NOT true. Yes, it was defeated in the house, no that doesn't make this statement any less false. Because while the bill was defeated in the house, to pass it needs to pass BOTH houses of Congress.

Kinda like the fact that Bush is one man yet has higher approval ratings then a do nothing Democratic Congress and that is some how the Republicans fault. Get a new story this one is old and tattered even for you.

Your retarded. Way to say the same old shit I just countered. Do tell me how the "do nothing Congress" is supposed to do something with a bare majority. Give me a civics lesson on how the Senate, with their 49 Democratic members, can get stuff past filibusters.

Forum List

Back