How is your English?

I love the word miasma.
But then, according to some, I have the lowest IQ on the website, so what do I know? We all know a large vocabulary is indicative of idiocy.

ability, address, adeptness, adroitness, ambidexterity, aptitude, art, artifice, artistry, capability, capacity, competence, craft, cunning, deftness, dexterity, efficiency, experience, expertise, expertness, facility, faculty, finesse, forte, gift, ingenuity, inventiveness, knack, know-how, knowledge, mastery, method, mystique, occupation, profession, proficiency, prowess, repertoire, savoir faire, science, talent, technique, trade, training, virtuosity

I like mystique...that'll surely catch their eye, Mani. ;)

versatile, versed, trained, ability, adept, capable, dynamic, endowed (!) proficient (or proficiency)qualified....

You might want to consider whether or not the person reading the application will understand the word. Don't want to make your potential boss feel like a retard right from the start. They generally like to feel superior.

Ok Ok, I'll be more specific.

In my line of work, I've developed a very comprehensive portfolio of MS Excel and Access models for every imaginable financial analysis application. I've perfected them over the years to be effectively plug-and-play and extremely flexible and easy to use. (how do you think I have all this extra time to goof off?) Anyway, I already articulated it in the technical skills section of my resume, but now I want to add a reference to one of them under my current job experience section. I want it to be clear that I implemented an application that "I brought with me to the job," Since it only took a week to implement an application even though it contained close to 1,000 man-hours of development.

Endowed with an adroit mystique that allows me to facilitate a proclivity for aptitude...

Heck, just post your resume and we'll fix it for you.

developed and implemented. I think that pretty much says it all, and your interviewer should be able to understand it.

developed and implemented. I think that pretty much says it all, and your interviewer should be able to understand it.

I want it to be clear that it was previously developed and ready to go on day one. i.e. It didn't need to be developed on the company's dime.

I don't think the word exists. Just phrase it better.

existing

Too bad you don't have patents on these things.

Then you say that. Say it was a program or whatever you had developed on your own, and you implemented it after being hired.

Really. Don't make it too hard. Simple is best. Particularly if it's computer geeks reading it (no offense).

Too bad you don't have patents on these things.

I looked into it. Too much a pain in the ass and not really worth it. Not to mention there's not too many people out there that could easily grasp and duplicate the underlying architecture. I really am brilliant when it comes to this shit if I do say so myself. :D

Forum List

Back