How is this offensive?

f0d3fd470116eb71af68fbe911c2c8ef.jpg

"Whites" did not know the country, were not strong enough to carry their own supplies, did not know enough to live off the land....

you don't row a canoe from the front and white men, back then, are stupid enough to stand up in a canoe. They do not have a a weighted keel nor are they flat bottom rafts or barges

The white man needed the natives to help them survive.

Silly white man

:)

You don't row a canoe at all, can paddle front, back or both just fine, a river canoe full of supplies or pelts is weighted enough to assist in stabilization, they aren't in class 4/5 rapids and the man standing in the front probably isn't an accountant from Topeka on a weekend trip with his buds.

Row boats, you sit in the middle or back and row backwards not facing forward.
You can both row and paddle a canoe. Ores are set in a slot and stationary so you can pull against them, a paddle is free held.
694940094001_5083756451001_823ab713-e710-4057-8184-ac26f9105178.jpg

Please tell me why this is offensive and give a detailed reason as to why.

The colors are murky, there's too much over-painting, and the perspective is off.

Micheels Hall Mural, University of Wisconsin-Stout - Menomonie WI - Living New Deal

"Whites" did not know the country, were not strong enough to carry their own supplies, did not know enough to live off the land....

you don't row a canoe from the front and white men, back then, are stupid enough to stand up in a canoe. They do not have a a weighted keel nor are they flat bottom rafts or barges

The white man needed the natives to help them survive.

Silly white man

:)
Yet somehow the white man figured out not only how to utilize the knowledge of those he found here, but to dominate the entire continent. Silly white man?

White man had Chinese gun powder and Damascus/Anatolia steel
Again, white man use weapons that make wooden arrows useless. Silly white man?

IOW, who is smarter, the guy who invents the wheel and stops, or the guy who takes the wheel and makes a car?

Till white man, wooden arrows were all they needed.
Exactly. White man not so silly.

The incident as pictured didn't happen, it was painted that way to increase drama and tell a story. A bunch of people sitting in canoes is nowhere near as dramatic as a bunch of people sitting in canoes with one guy standing, indicating that he's the leader. Think Washington crossing the Delaware.

Unless you talked to the artist, you don't know what happened or what they were trying to present/depict. For all you know the artist could be depicting dude standing in the front canoe had a serious leg cramp or just got through taking a piss. If it makes you feel better to think that it is all a bunch of hoopla intended to send a different message that you have no way of knowing ... I think your idea stinks and like mine better.

How's that for dramatic?
A picture is worth a thousand words. You're about 916 words short.

A picture is worth a thousand words. You're about 916 words short.

And yet, as usual, it is easy to see that my responses will always be worth more than yours, even in that context ... :thup: (here's picture for you)

o give me a break...how quickly one forgets that breasts offended the damn conservatives and have to be covered

That was the Moslems.

Nusaybah bint Ka’ab, Hind al-Hunnud, Negan, Apranik, Khawlah Bint al-Kindiyyah, Dahia Al-kahina were military leaders often spoken of as bare breasted fierce warriors from the 7th C. middle east and N africa

Nusaybah was one of the first converts to Islam and usually fought close to Mohammed to protect him.

Breasts were to be covered during prayers.

That was not conservatives. That was John Ashcroft.
Then what's the OP's point? There wasn't even any context provided. Obviously someone was offended, but I doubt he or she had Ashcroft's standing.
a college in WI had it taken down. so I asked w/o the showing of any links so I could get honest answers. And I did, leftist snowflake college students wander around campus looking to get offended so they have something to do, other than study
What was Ashcroft's excuse?

Then what's the OP's point? There wasn't even any context provided. Obviously someone was offended, but I doubt he or she had Ashcroft's standing.
a college in WI had it taken down. so I asked w/o the showing of any links so I could get honest answers. And I did, leftist snowflake college students wander around campus looking to get offended so they have something to do, other than study

Boobophobia?

I'm pretty sure it was because of Democrats masturbating during the proceedings, it was just too distracting.

Last edited:
so I asked w/o the showing of any links so I could get honest answers.
Did any of the snowflakes indicate WHY it had caused them such trauma?

Should the Indians have been in the FRONT boat?
it showed white supremacy and hardship for the natives.

how they got that out of it, I have no idea

students in WI demanded it be removed, they bitched so much the school relented

See, that right there is the problem. Some snowflakes were offended and whined and the stupid school caved. They should have ignored the whiners. Morons.
should have sent them home to their mommies, since the apron strings clearly aren't cut

so I asked w/o the showing of any links so I could get honest answers.
Did any of the snowflakes indicate WHY it had caused them such trauma?

Should the Indians have been in the FRONT boat?
it showed white supremacy and hardship for the natives.

how they got that out of it, I have no idea
Hyper-hypersensitivity.

Imagine going through life like that.
I really can't.

getting offended at things people have to try and figure out what you are offended about.

10 pages and 2 people guessed it

o give me a break...how quickly one forgets that breasts offended the damn conservatives and have to be covered

That was the Moslems.

Nusaybah bint Ka’ab, Hind al-Hunnud, Negan, Apranik, Khawlah Bint al-Kindiyyah, Dahia Al-kahina were military leaders often spoken of as bare breasted fierce warriors from the 7th C. middle east and N africa

Nusaybah was one of the first converts to Islam and usually fought close to Mohammed to protect him.

Breasts were to be covered during prayers.
I'd be willing to bet those were men, and not exactly the same thing

Forum List

Back