Confuisng Videos of Heroic Save.

dpr112yme

Jul 1, 2016

These videos of David Phung saving a woman and a dog in Louisiana is somewhat confusing to me. First of all, the car the woman and the dog were in are in are in at least 4 feet of flood waters. If you watch the CBS late night news of 8/14/16, 8/15: SE Louisiana still under water after weekend floods; Study: Many parents put infants to sleep in dangerous positions you can see the car submerging into the water after the woman and dog are rescued. The first video link above shows the boat approaching the already submerging car and my question is why did the boat not spot the submerging car earlier than when this video was taken to have made the 'rescue' less dangerous? Secondly, in the second above posted video, you can hear the woman in the car speaking while the car is being submerged. If she is in the rear of the car where the air pocket is then it could be understood that she is talking from the air pocket in the car which has not been submerged into the water. Next, David Phung breaks the window of the car, the part of the car which is nose down from which the lady and dog are pulled out from. And after that, the car becomes fully submerged which means that the waters are above 5 feet in order for the people to have to 'swim' back to the boat.

This video is confusing... How deep are the floodwaters off of Baton Rogue? The weather said that LA saw a rainfall of over 21 inches but is that enough water to fully submerge a car? So if the river ran over, then it would make more sense.. But still, the boat with David Phung on it had to have spotted the car before it started submerging. Why did the boat have to wait so long until the lady and the dog almost drowned to arrive at the car so they could be rescued?

Last edited:
I don't know.. the video doesn't make too much sense. if the boat saw the car being pulled in the flowing current then surely there would have been footage as the boat was getting closer to the car from a much longer distance than shown in the videos. Also, for a car to be afloat for that long of a time without sinking before the video was taken is also strange. So from the looks of the video, they only starting filming the video when they were close enough to help the lady and dog in the car. And besides, what camera would they have used, a phone camera? But they had an electric motored boat. I don't know.. just is strange. How deep can those flood waters get anyways? Pretty deep obviously. I've seen some footage where people are stranded on top of their roofs because the flood waters were that deep. So if the waters were truly that deep, she wasn't the only flood victim, survivor. The depth had to have exceeded 5 or 6 feet or so since the car became fully submerged and both humans had to 'swim' back to the boat instead of walking back to the boat.

And that one car was the ONLY car in that area? Perhaps they got the boat because they saw the car in danger...

So the car went down nose down right? So the depth of the water had to have exceeded the height of the car to begin with. And if the car is going nose down then the length of the car has to be examined and not only the height, since the car is going down in a vertical like way instead of horizontal.

I googled some sites about the flood waters in baton rogue and most of the sites said that the flood waters were waist deep.

The Latest: 7th flood-related death confirmed

Here is a picture from the air as to the level of the flood waters... If this picture is correct, then surely there was a lot of water distance to be covered all over. Which would make sense if there were things floating. I don't see anything floating from the air..

There is a huge difference between waist high to over head high for floods.. So maybe these were in different parts of Louisiana, that's all I can think of. So I'm wondering, since the 'rescue' of the woman and dog occurred in baton rogue, what the water depth was in baton rogue Louisiana...

There must have been a river run over in baton rogue for that kind of water depth.

Forum List

Back