How is Rick Perry Governing working out for Texas?

I was unaware that the government controlled the weather.

This has got to be one of the dumbest threads I've read today. And I've read several by Flaylo, Rdean, and TM.

You are one the dumbest poster I read today, and thought I would share that news with you.

That's kind of a weak comeback, but hey you can think what you want.

I notice for the dumbest thread, the dummy is still posting here.:lol:

If this is the kinda guy the right wants for president, we are in for some real hard times. LOL!

August 25, 2011

Burned trees, charred wildlife, destroyed homes — Texas has endured more than 16,000 wildfires since January, which have consumed over 3 million acres of land. With little rain, the state has become a tinderbox. Bloomberg reports that drought in Texas has resulted in $5.2 billion of agricultural losses ... and still counting. The state climatologist pegged the drought as the “worst single-year dry spell in 116 years,” according to the San Antonio Express-News. The town of Robert Lee in West Texas has seen its water supply dwindle to 1 percent and West Kemp is out of water.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, the new darling of the GOP presidential field, leapt to action. His response to catastrophe?

I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011, to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. I urge Texans of all faiths and traditions to offer prayers on those days for the healing of our land, the rebuilding of our communities and the restoration of our normal way of life.

All the praying didn’t pay off. The federal government has been forced to declare 213 counties in Texas natural disaster areas, and the drought has already resulted in fish kills and will likely cause an ecosystem-wide ripple of destruction for years to come, affecting everything from plants to top predators, and insects to migrating birds. Ranchers are selling off their herds, residents are using water for the bare minimums of drinking, cooking and cleaning. Towns are trying to drill emergency wells or run pipes to tap neighboring towns that have more water left. Other communities are making plans to truck in bottled water or drink treated wastewater.

Why Rick Perry Would Put the World on a Fast Track to Total Meltdown | Environment | AlterNet

Looks like he is doing exactly what 'the good ole boys' want him to.

Yep, I think you are right. If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

If this is the kinda guy the right wants for president, we are in for some real hard times. LOL!

August 25, 2011

Burned trees, charred wildlife, destroyed homes — Texas has endured more than 16,000 wildfires since January, which have consumed over 3 million acres of land. With little rain, the state has become a tinderbox. Bloomberg reports that drought in Texas has resulted in $5.2 billion of agricultural losses ... and still counting. The state climatologist pegged the drought as the “worst single-year dry spell in 116 years,” according to the San Antonio Express-News. The town of Robert Lee in West Texas has seen its water supply dwindle to 1 percent and West Kemp is out of water.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, the new darling of the GOP presidential field, leapt to action. His response to catastrophe?

I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011, to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. I urge Texans of all faiths and traditions to offer prayers on those days for the healing of our land, the rebuilding of our communities and the restoration of our normal way of life.

All the praying didn’t pay off. The federal government has been forced to declare 213 counties in Texas natural disaster areas, and the drought has already resulted in fish kills and will likely cause an ecosystem-wide ripple of destruction for years to come, affecting everything from plants to top predators, and insects to migrating birds. Ranchers are selling off their herds, residents are using water for the bare minimums of drinking, cooking and cleaning. Towns are trying to drill emergency wells or run pipes to tap neighboring towns that have more water left. Other communities are making plans to truck in bottled water or drink treated wastewater.

Why Rick Perry Would Put the World on a Fast Track to Total Meltdown | Environment | AlterNet

What should he have done to end the drought?

I have answered that twice on this thread, (3rd time):100 desalination plants on the Gulf coast, and redirect the Colorado river.

Last edited:

August 25, 2011

I have answered that twice on this thread, (3rd time):100 desalination plants on the Gulf coast, and redirect the Colorado river.

and you're going to write the check for that? :rofl:

GOOGLE the cost of just one, and you'll get numbers between $100 and $500 million a piece.. not including staffing. That's $10 billion... minimum.

Last edited:

August 25, 2011

Well--they're WORKING-in Texas--:lol::lol: Much more so than a lot of the states can say.

GOOGLE the cost of just one, and you'll get numbers between $100 and $500 million a piece.. not including staffing. That's $10 billion... minimum.

Perry has had 10 years to build the units, and failed. He could have easily got the money under an all republican control of three branches of government. If it aint oil, Texas doesn't want it.

Perry has had 10 years to build the units, and failed. He could have easily got the money under an all republican control of three branches of government. If it aint oil, Texas doesn't want it.

You are so utterly full of shit, it boggles the mind.

How is Rick Perry Governing working out for Texas?

Probably not anywhere near as rosy as his handlers are making it out to be.

Desalination
On April 29 2002 Texas Governor Rick Perry visited San Antonio and announced his intention to push for construction of a 25 mgd desalination plant on the Texas coast. He said "Though it may be many years, if not decades, before ocean water is a prime source of water for Texas to use, we must begin the groundwork today so that future Texans have an abundant, drought-proof supply of water."

In August of 2004, Governor Rick Perry gave the concept of desalination another shot in the arm by delivering a speech in which he claimed that membrane technologies "will change the world forever". He suggested that Texas should lead the nation by building the country's first large-scale desalination plant.

In August of 2007, the city of El Paso opened the Kay Bailey Hutchison Desalination Plant, which will eventually supply 27.5 million gallons of drinking water daily. Officials said it is the largest desal plant outside of a coastal area. Constructed at a cost of $87 million, it draws brackish groundwater from underneath Fort Bliss.

SAWS long-term water plan does include such a plant, but not until 2060. SAWS President and CEO Robert Puente said "That’s finance science fiction today." Ocean water desalination is extraordinarily expensive – more than 10 times the cost of Aquifer water, and a plant and pipeline would cost well over $1 billion in today’s dollars.

Texas Gulf desalination plant put on hold » Corpus Christi Caller-Times
The state's first attempt at purifying salty seawater sucked from the Gulf of Mexico yielded two lessons: adding the gulf to the state's mix of water resources is technically feasible, but at least for now too expensive on a large scale.

Data gleaned from the 18-month pilot project on the Brownsville ship channel will ultimately aid the state in its quest for a drought-proof water source. But according to a state report released last month, it also put the cost of building a full-scale sea water desalination plant beyond reach.

The full-scale plant would cost an estimated $182 million, far too much for the Brownsville utility's current demand. The utility estimated it would be about $100 million short.

What is all this Christian Conservative bullshit,praying and all......are they all mentally retarded or what.Mind you America is the home of the BULLSHIT ARTIST....and ain't they got it DOWN PAT.theliq:cool:

August 25, 2011

The state's first attempt at purifying salty seawater sucked from the Gulf of Mexico yielded two lessons: adding the gulf to the state's mix of water resources is technically feasible, but at least for now too expensive on a large scale.

Data gleaned from the 18-month pilot project on the Brownsville ship channel will ultimately aid the state in its quest for a drought-proof water source. But according to a state report released last month, it also put the cost of building a full-scale sea water desalination plant beyond reach.

The full-scale plant would cost an estimated $182 million, far too much for the Brownsville utility's current demand. The utility estimated it would be about $100 million short.

So there you have it, it is better to let the water use go to 1%, let the cattle die, the produce turn to dust, food prices go sky high, because............It would cost to much.:lol:

So there you have it, it is better to let the water use go to 1%, let the cattle die, the produce turn to dust, food prices go sky high, because............It would cost to much.:lol:

Let me guess.... You could easily come up with a way to fund it... right?

You are so utterly full of shit, it boggles the mind.

With your head up my ass, i assume you know. Just keep eating con.

Forum List

Back